Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,650   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, CamMattie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-Pilot In Cardinal (With a certain monster on the packaging!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    The kitchen knife wasn't for the metal, it was to separate the poly on the corded pulls I had already attached. The needle nosed pliers worked the best. One at the pull end, one at the supper mechanism end and bend till the metal breaks then snap. Scissors were about to impale me.
    So you did manage this surgery after all, without suffering any injury? Sounds like a miracle.

Comment

Heavy duty wire snips made quick work of removing the zipper pulls. Even for a "weakling" like me. I searched the forums before attempting surgery on my new Co-Pilot last night and found a post from Tom himself that suggested cutting the pull twice so that you don't have to bend it to remove it. Worked like a charm.
      WhiteStar in Colorado
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

Comment

Originally posted by dorayme View Post
        The kitchen knife wasn't for the metal, it was to separate the poly on the corded pulls I had already attached. The needle nosed pliers worked the best. One at the pull end, one at the supper mechanism end and bend till the metal breaks then snap. Scissors were about to impale me.
        I'm going to attempt this now. Wish me luck!

*Done. The hardest & longest time was separating the poly on the corded pulls that were already attached. I had my husband break the metal zippers using the needle nose pliers which only took a few seconds each.
        Last edited by TXGirl; 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM.
        Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
          This first photos shows everything I managed to fit inside the bag. I wasn't sure if my Klean Kanteen would fit as it's one of the wide 18oz bottles but it went in without a problem!

[ATTACH]2119[/ATTACH]
          Love Neverwhere! :)

Comment

Working...
          X