Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,772   Posts: 190,625   Members: 6,655   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, basil.bourque.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-Pilot In Cardinal (With a certain monster on the packaging!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhindyPhil
    replied
    Originally posted by gizmo View Post
    This first photos shows everything I managed to fit inside the bag. I wasn't sure if my Klean Kanteen would fit as it's one of the wide 18oz bottles but it went in without a problem!

[ATTACH]2119[/ATTACH]
    Love Neverwhere! :)

Leave a comment:

• TXGirl
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    The kitchen knife wasn't for the metal, it was to separate the poly on the corded pulls I had already attached. The needle nosed pliers worked the best. One at the pull end, one at the supper mechanism end and bend till the metal breaks then snap. Scissors were about to impale me.
    I'm going to attempt this now. Wish me luck!

*Done. The hardest & longest time was separating the poly on the corded pulls that were already attached. I had my husband break the metal zippers using the needle nose pliers which only took a few seconds each.
    Last edited by TXGirl; 03-18-2012, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    Heavy duty wire snips made quick work of removing the zipper pulls. Even for a "weakling" like me. I searched the forums before attempting surgery on my new Co-Pilot last night and found a post from Tom himself that suggested cutting the pull twice so that you don't have to bend it to remove it. Worked like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    The kitchen knife wasn't for the metal, it was to separate the poly on the corded pulls I had already attached. The needle nosed pliers worked the best. One at the pull end, one at the supper mechanism end and bend till the metal breaks then snap. Scissors were about to impale me.
    So you did manage this surgery after all, without suffering any injury? Sounds like a miracle.

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    Originally posted by LJW View Post
    Dorayme, if you come up with a good way to do this without risking a visit to the local Emergency Room, please share! I have the nylon zipper pulls and am eyeing my aeronaut across the room..
    No, no-o-o-o! Put the sharp instruments down and step away from your Aeronaut! I can just see the carnage now. This whole thread is sending stabbing pains to my fingers (which I have sliced and diced far too often).

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Whew. I feel like I deserve a cookie!
    Maybe not a cookie, but I believe Whitestar might be able to send you a picture of a mini-wookie.

Leave a comment:

• Lani
    replied
    Originally posted by WhiteStar View Post
    I thought it looked like a Pomeranian (the other canine occupant here at WhiteStar).

[ATTACH]2122[/ATTACH]
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made little fists with my hands and shook them like a pair of maracas while I squeezed my eyes and made squeeing noises.

OMG SOOOOO CUTE!!!

I am the dying of the cute!!!

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Scissors were about to impale me.
    Uh-oh. Sounds scary.

Thanks for the clarification.

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    LOVE the Cardinal as well! I received a baby Cadet for Cmas in the Cardinal and it is fabulous. Nice photos, gizmo. Literally laughed out loud at your mini, noise-making chewbacca!

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WhiteStar
    replied
    The pictures in this post pushed me over the edge. I just ordered an Iberian Co-Pilot to be included with my UV Synapse that should ship out as soon as the Black/UV Synapse makes it back to Seattle.

I have it BAD.

(And, oh yeah, there might be a Plum/Cayenne MCB coming too, because I am apparently all about getting the unusual color combos that might never be repeated...)

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Eep. Don't use kitchen knives for cutting metal, despite what Chef Tony tells you.

I think a safe way to do this is to go to the hardware store and ask the key cutter guy to clip the pulls for you. A jeweler might also be able to do it.

Leave a comment:

• LJW
    replied
    Dorayme, if you come up with a good way to do this without risking a visit to the local Emergency Room, please share! I have the nylon zipper pulls and am eyeing my aeronaut across the room..

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    I evidently lack your dexterity and skills. A kitchen knife, pair of now dulled kitchen shears, and two sets of needle nose pliers plus 15 minutes or so of S.W.A.T. Team like concentration later and my Co-Pilot is now free of metal zipper pulls and sporting the TB nylon/poly ones. Whew. I feel like I deserve a cookie!
    I now have a burning desire to order zipper pulls for my Western Flyer, Side Effect, FJN and Packing cubes. . . Baby steps dor. Baby steps.

Leave a comment:

• LJW
    replied
    Excellent choice of colors. I am falling in love with the Cardinal and Steel combination. And a traveler's notebook! I carry one too and it's nice know it will fit in a copilot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X