Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,638   Posts: 189,070   Members: 6,625   Active Members: 294
stephenbeann
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, stephenbeann.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Bihn Coffee Nerd Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    True but this is the NO style with Chicory. It is a nice occasional treat for me!

Leave a comment:

• joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    I replied a on page one to this question. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    Originally posted by rabergnc View Post
    What a neat idea!!! (although I have to admit I am a diehard fan of letting electricity and gravity do the work for me - a press just requires too much effort ;>)
    Go to the Sweet Maria website. They have a gravity drip thing that sits on top of your cup seems pretty small. I have no patience, i need to be able to hurry the process! SMH!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    I work at TOM BIHN

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by joiedwards View Post
    I am a coffee nerd! I looked around for a coffee kit to use on travel and at work. I found the Aeropress and like it a lot. But with all the accouterments, I needed a case! Tom Bihn to the rescue. I got a medium Knitting bag. Everything fits with room to spare. I carry:
    Aeropress (two pieces fit together), cup funnel, stir paddle, scoop spoon
    a baggie of filters
    a tea towel
    a bag of freshly ground coffee

It unpacks like a breeze and packs in seconds. Fits in my Smart Alec, Brain Bag and Aeronaut. I can have great coffee anywhere I can get hot water!

This is just too cool! How do you like the Aeropress?

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    I work at TOM BIHN

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by rabergnc View Post
    What a neat idea!!! (although I have to admit I am a diehard fan of letting electricity and gravity do the work for me - a press just requires too much effort ;>)
    I'm a fan of the Barista :)

I finally found a favorite coffee shop in Seattle. Java Bean

But Seattle Coffee Works just opened up a location in Ballard, they have a slow bar that I'm pretty excited to try! Welcome to the world of coffee - Seattle Coffee Works

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    I work at TOM BIHN

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by joiedwards View Post
    Grady’s Cold Brew is a New Orleans–style iced coffee concentrate that’s brewed and bottled by hand in Brooklyn, New York. I like this alot for instant gratification!
    Grady's Cold Brew
    You can also very easily cold brew some concentrate for yourself. This is what I do: Perfect Iced Coffee | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond

Leave a comment:

• rabergnc
    Forum Member

• rabergnc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    Grady’s Cold Brew is a New Orleans–style iced coffee concentrate that’s brewed and bottled by hand in Brooklyn, New York. I like this alot for instant gratification!
    Grady's Cold Brew

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    Forum Member

• Tlacltme
    replied
    I will definitely be checking this out further. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    Originally posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Love your pics! Thanks for posting them.

Do you like the Aeropress? I've had my eye on it for some time but have been reluctant to pull the trigger without someone's first hand experience. Do you use it to make a black cup of coffee or do you make lattes, etc with it? Do you use it daily or only when traveling?

Thanks for any input!
    I love the Aeropress. It gives you in effect, a expresso cups worth of concentrated coffee. I then add hot water to taste and a bit of cream. But you could make lattes or flavored drinks. I use it daily some weeks and travel with it. Sometimes good coffee is hard to come by at work. Depend on who gets in first and starts it. This way, i can make a cup if the pot is too weak.

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    Forum Member

• Tlacltme
    replied
    Love your pics! Thanks for posting them.

Do you like the Aeropress? I've had my eye on it for some time but have been reluctant to pull the trigger without someone's first hand experience. Do you use it to make a black cup of coffee or do you make lattes, etc with it? Do you use it daily or only when traveling?

Thanks for any input!

Leave a comment:

• joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose View Post
    http://forums.tombihn.com/not-about-...-coffee-2.html
    joiedwards, for a true coffee nerd, above is a forum thread about coffee, you might find some interesting stuff there too.
    Matt's Wood Roasted Organic Coffee, organic coffee roaster in Maine - this is a link to my favorite coffee guy. Well worth giving it a try. Not affiliated, just love their coffee.

Your pictures are great. I don't have a Knitting bag but I have an ultraviolet Travel Tray, I'll have to see if it works. If it doesn't guess I'll just have to order a Knitting bag. Oh dear.... :)

Thanks again for the pictures,
    Moose
    I know Matt's! Great coffee!

Leave a comment:

• joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    Thanks, I will check both out.

Leave a comment:

• joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    I also have a Mate tea kit, but it does not live in a Tom Bihn case. Mate is the Gaucho tea drunk from a gourd cup with a metal straw. Great caffeine rush but softer than coffee.

Leave a comment:

• joiedwards
    Forum Member

• joiedwards
    replied
    Originally posted by leviathan View Post
    Be sure to order some beans from my favorite Portland roaster, Sterling Coffee Roasters. Their stuff is unbelievable - Sterling Coffee Roasters
    Thanks, always looking for new roasters to try.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X