Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to thank the TB Crew for my awesome box art on my first order stuffing my first TB bag (brain bag of course) with all the essentials!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	658.6 KB
ID:	300211

Comment

Just my navasabi maker's and my coffee hanging out in Ballard.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	511.7 KB
ID:	300268

Comment

Originally posted by Saltgirl View Post
        Just my navasabi maker's and my coffee hanging out in Ballard.
        If I'm recognizing that pastry case correctly, I probably walked right past you on my way home this afternoon. Sadly I wasn't carrying any TB gear to be spotted.
        Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

I think we just need a Ballard meet up cuz frankly I want to be NWHikerGal's best friend. Kayaking, hiking, and Tom Bihn, oh my! ;)

Comment

@Saltgirl, the next couple weeks are hectic, but let's start brainstorming something after that. We can start a thread in another section. While my latest infatuation is paddle boarding, rather than make everyone work for a gathering, I bet we can find a Ballard coffee shop for a TB get together. :)
            "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
            "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

My hubs cleared out some cupboard space for our girl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@adalangdon:

I see that you have a red blend Synapse. I can't decide between that or the olive color. I want a classic, quiet, strong color. How do you like the color?

Comment

Originally posted by phayes47 View Post
                  @adalangdon:

I see that you have a red blend Synapse. I can't decide between that or the olive color. I want a classic, quiet, strong color. How do you like the color?
                  I think it suits that description. Definitely very classic-- I'd call it the colour of a wine stain (dark purple-red, but more purple and quite dark) and is a good year-round colour, though more F/W than S/S. Olive is nice too but it's classic in a different sort of way and I would say RB is a 'stronger' colour (if by that you mean a richer, more stand-out colour!).

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                    I think it suits that description. Definitely very classic-- I'd call it the colour of a wine stain (dark purple-red, but more purple and quite dark) and is a good year-round colour, though more F/W than S/S. Olive is nice too but it's classic in a different sort of way and I would say RB is a 'stronger' colour (if by that you mean a richer, more stand-out colour!).
                    Yes, your description of "stronger" is on point for my thoughts. Plus, I like the wasabi interior. Thank you.

Comment

Digital Field Journal does digital editing! My converted Field Journal with the iPad Mini and keyboard worked just as I'd hoped on tonight's road trip for some portable photo editing.

Mini portable editing kit by Meghan, on Flickr

Also, that is the closest I have ever seen an iPhone get to the true color of Azure!
                      Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

My Steel Tri-Star sitting nicely under the seat in front of me. :-)

Name:	Tri-Star.jpg
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	300315

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

My organizer pouch perfectly accommodated cash, ID, and a cell phone at the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                          "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

My daughter and I spreading some oNordic love:

And here my SA resting after a succsessfull Pokemon hunt. Yep I am that nerdy :-D

Ilkyway

Sent from my phone
                            “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Here's my Synapse next to the bed in our very rustic vacation cabin last week. "Rustic" apparently means that no nightstands are provided. The Synapse was an unexpectedly good choice for this trip, because the bottle water pocket was the most secure and accessible place for my glasses while I was sleeping, and also an upright slot into which to place my phone while it charged.

Name:	synapse.jpg
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	300359

I also tried out the "Second Aid" kit for the first time. I really like the concept -- one easily identifiable bag for emergencies. I was able to provide Neosporin and a Bandaid ("plaster"? for you Brits) when it was needed, and also a spare iPhone cord.

After a week in the wilderness of West Virginia, I now have a better idea of how to pack it for the next trip. In general, I had no idea of what was needed, and drove my car which was filled to bursting with all kinds of stuff. All of my family overpacked a bit because we didn't know what to expect. Next year I plan to fly most of the way, because I'm pretty sure I can fit my things into a suitcase, and avoid all that driving.
                              ----
                              All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                              Edmund Burke

Comment

Trekking on the Dolomites with my girlfriend and our trustworthy Dyneema S19 and DLBP. :-)

Name:	20160816_152531.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	300361

Comment

Working...
                                X