Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,214   Members: 6,596   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my latest haul: Aubergine mini Q-Kit to store all my coins, azure small DOP for receipts and a small amount of cash, and a black halcyon/wasabi SE to store both of the previous pouches in and also my EDC stuff including my iPhone 6 Plus, Benchmade Mini Griptilian and Skeletool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter or Instagram @moongooseryan

Comment

New Navy/Iberian Parental Unit just came by way of trade.

Some cool box art from the crew as well as a nice note. Just one of the little touches that make actually do make it a special delivery.

PU 1
      by Nate E, on Flickr

This fabric is really good looking.

PU 2
      by Nate E, on Flickr

My navy pocket pouch and mini Q swung by to say "What's up bro, mind if we crash?"

PU 3
      by Nate E, on Flickr

Love the Iberian lining. Could have gone with wasabi, which I am a big fan of, but I think the red is killer against navy.

PU 4
      by Nate E, on Flickr

Small shop bag folded flat in a size 2 stuff sack. Shop bag gets used all the time working at a grocery store. The stuff sack had held some smaller items in my Synapse but since those got redistributed into the PU's pockets it will now hold the shop bag and be on standby for extra storage.

PU 5
      by Nate E, on Flickr

Small pocket on the back side is good for a notebook. My phone will fit in there too but that's usually on my person.

PU 6
      by Nate E, on Flickr

So the outer pockets are filled up with most of the EDC stuff and incidentals, either loose or in pouches. There's nothing in the main compartment here. My water bottle will figure to ride in here most of the time. I have a few I rotate between and in some test packing it seemed most convenient to keep it inside rather than in an outer pocket. My lunch box will fit but has to go in with the long axis up and then rotate 90 degrees to be able to close the top zipper. The lunch box's shape and size is not a great match for the tapered nature of the PU main compartment so I will look at other options for sandwich containment.

PU 7
      by Nate E, on Flickr

Overall I really like the accessibility of the pockets. Very well thought out and executed, not that we expected anything less. The PU is an interesting pattern and it will take some time to figure out the best way to utilize the bag's shape but that's half the fun, right?

Comment

Off to the beach with the Medium Road Duffel!

Edit: it was such a lovely evening!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by maverick; 08-20-2016, 04:57 PM.
        -m

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
          Off to the beach with the Medium Road Duffel!

Edit: it was such a lovely evening!
          I've been wondering how that compared to a small kid. My kid always steals my duffel on road trips leaving me with a roll-aboard. Time for a new family duffel.

Comment

Lunch with the French Blue/Navy Small Café Bag at Pupatella.

-m

Comment

After many months of attempts, I finally perfected the camera insert/shoulder strap combo on my Maker's Bag so that it hugs and carries properly but still has room inside for everything. As a result I've been using it more often, and yesterday it made a rare trip to the office since I didn't need to carry my usual backpack-requiring quantity of "stuff."

Aubergine/Steel Maker's Bag with Simple Shoulder Strap, trapped in a cube farm!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Makers Bag At the Office 1 Resized.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	648.9 KB
ID:	300401

Name:	Makers Bag At the Office 2 Resized.JPG
Size:	735.7 KB
ID:	300402
              Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

MB waiting for the boys at school.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	655.3 KB
ID:	300403

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post
                  After many months of attempts, I finally perfected the camera insert/shoulder strap combo on my Maker's Bag so that it hugs and carries properly but still has room inside for everything.
                  I have been thinking about using the Maker's Bag as a camera bag. What camera insert do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Juanito View Post
                    I have been thinking about using the Maker's Bag as a camera bag. What camera insert do you use?
                    I'm using the updated Timbuk2 Snoop Small, with a spare divider from one of my Tenba BYOB inserts. Once I get the hooks sorted properly for the Tenba BYOB 9 that I have in my Smart Alec, I might just switch that over as the Timbuk2 insert is a little. . . weird. Doing it all over again, I'd probably go straight for the Tenba. I need to get some updated photos of the MB-as-camera-bag, because with the right insert and shoulder strap it works really well (I prefer the Simple Strap so I can slide the strap through the pad when swinging the bag around.)

*note, this is for a m4/3 camera, albeit a relatively large one - the Panasonic GX8.
                    Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Road trip with the Medium Road Duffel. It fits nicely into tight spaces! :)

-m

Comment

Spent another beautiful day at the beach with my French Blue S19. We always go to Gateway National Recreation Area (Sandy Hook).

Name:	FB S19.jpg
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	300411

After a day on the beach, I always want to change out of my wet, sandy bathing suit so I pack a change of clothes into my PCSB.

Name:	PCSB.JPG
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	300412

I forgot to take a bag picture while we were eating an early dinner at Bahr's, but I did take a few other shots. This restaurant has been around for 99 years, and sits right on the Navesink River. They have a new outdoor bar/dining area, which is a great place to hang out after you've been on the beach all day.

Name:	bar.JPG
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	300413

Name:	BahrsView.JPG
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	300414

Our first round of food included such low-fat, low-calorie items as beer, lobster bisque and Cajun popcorn shrimp :-)

Name:	BahrFood.JPG
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	300415

We even had a show with dinner - these guys got busted by the Coast Guard for speeding and throwing a huge wake, and when the CG boarded their boat they must have found something interesting because they seized the boat.

Name:	CoastGuard.JPG
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	300416

All in all, an exciting day :-)
                        Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post
                          I'm using the updated Timbuk2 Snoop Small, with a spare divider from one of my Tenba BYOB inserts. Once I get the hooks sorted properly for the Tenba BYOB 9 that I have in my Smart Alec, I might just switch that over as the Timbuk2 insert is a little. . . weird. Doing it all over again, I'd probably go straight for the Tenba. I need to get some updated photos of the MB-as-camera-bag, because with the right insert and shoulder strap it works really well (I prefer the Simple Strap so I can slide the strap through the pad when swinging the bag around.)

*note, this is for a m4/3 camera, albeit a relatively large one - the Panasonic GX8.
                          Thanks @meglet. The Tenba should work well for my Olympus E-M1 (comparable in size to your GX8; a tad taller, but narrower). Would be nice to see some photos when you get a chance.

Comment

one bagging it!

Comment

Nuke diver, that monarch PCSB is beautiful! I kept looking at those and finally said yes and while discussing it by email (as part of other questions) with TB, it sold! My fault for thinking too long, but lovely to see one enjoying it's day at the beach.

Comment

It was fun to bring my Shop Bag of Trader Joe's groceries to the register and tell the cashier to put everything back the way it was currently.

Of course I only had a few things, or it would have been a mean thing to ask.

But between that and paying with my watch, I was out the door in seconds.

----
                                All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                                Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                                X