Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,815   Posts: 191,185   Members: 6,708   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, rsperko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordic S19 in Savannah, GA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 11-12-2016, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Many of my go-tos all in one shot... Ballpoint; actual book; espresso; Field Notes, and my "road tested, been everywhere, ever reliable" Large Café...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My aunt is here for a visit and we are sitting in a Cafe chatting. She braught her every day companion: a steel S19

And I am sporting an oNordic Swift:

Ilkyway

“Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Hero's Journey in the Urban Setting

I woke up early this morning. It's the first day of my vacation. Florida. Family. Rest. I need it all!

Anyway, I brought my Hero's Journey along for the ride. Granted, it's not hiking in the rugged outdoors, but the HJ doesn't seem to care. It's equally at home in the urban setting.

Here are a few of my photos. I really loved packing this bag. It was my first time using it outside of its more usual occupation, that of spinning wheel bag.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7802 Rotated.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	300735
          Here is the bag packed up. I'm only traveling for four days, but I had things for other family members to bring along, so I am carrying much more than usual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7803 Rotated.JPG
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	300736
          This is one of the items I'm bringing for family. Our college aged son is sick and asked for cough drops. They fit perfectly in the end zipper pocket.

Name:	IMG_7805.JPG
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	300737
          I don't have packing cubes for this bag, so I am making due with some that I bought in my pre-TB days.

Name:	IMG_7804.JPG
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	300738
          This is what I'm carrying in the detachable bag portion. It is holding my cosmetics and a few other necessary items.

Name:	IMG_7807.JPG
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	300739
          And this is the sleeping bag compartment. It's filling duty as carrier of gifts, etc. for other members of the family.

The bag functions incredibly well. I was able to manage it. Rather than put it in backpack orientation, for this trip I used the Absolute Strap and carried it suitcase style. Our family is representing TB well. On this trip we are bringing the following:
          Hero's Journey
          Tri Star
          Aeronaut 45
          Maker's Bag (2)
          Swift
          Pilot
          Three Travel Trays
          And many TB accessories such as packing cubes, key straps, travel stuff sacks, and more!
          Last edited by Mausermama; 11-22-2016, 04:08 AM. Reason: Because I am miserable at uploading photos and still haven't got it right!

Comment

I just saw the movie Fantastic Beasts... and thought anew about my own use of a magic wand, albeit of a different sort. Tom Bihn even makes a carrier for them!

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

I got caught in a good steady rain for 45 minutes after picking up groceries while on a walk. Holding the top of my SSB closed, my groceries were bone dry when I got back, unlike my nearly soaked pants. Love this bag!

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
              "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Last week I flew carry-on on a Bombardier CRJ700 and Embraer 175 and my TB stuff was perfect! I took my A45 and Pilot/PCSB set-up ... I'm super duper hoping for a new TB bag that would do what the Pilot/PCSB setup does and would also have hide away shoulder straps. Anyway, for anyone wondering, the Aeronaut 45 fit in the overheads PERFECT! Just fit, but fit:

Name:	TBIMG_20161119_123951.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	571.3 KB
ID:	300751Click image for larger version

Name:	TBIMG_20161125_105348.jpg
Size:	842.3 KB
ID:	300752Click image for larger version

Name:	TBIMG_20161125_120114.jpg
Size:	681.2 KB
ID:	300753Click image for larger version

Name:	TBIMG_20161125_145247.jpg
Size:	886.3 KB
ID:	300754

Comment

Everything else looks weird because my purple lamp is on, but I think this is the most accurate color representation I've ever gotten of Azure!

So, WOOHOOO, my new goodies are here! Black/UV Side Kick, and an Azure Small Snake Charmer, both from yesterday's debut. Plus 2 very nice holiday photos in the box.

Name:	They're Here.JPG
Size:	712.1 KB
ID:	300804

Sadly, I must do some actual work this evening instead of playing with my new goodies.
                  Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

I do not think my cat appreciated the gorgeous fjord chapeau she sported for 1.5 seconds as much as I did!

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
                      I do not think my cat appreciated the gorgeous fjord chapeau she sported for 1.5 seconds as much as I did!
                      Hehe! If only she knew how happy it made you (and us!)
                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post

She looks amazing!

Comment

My order arrived first thing this morning which was a really great surprise as I wasn't expecting it until later in the day. Great way to start the week!

The A30 packing cube backpack will be very useful, and I'm pleased to have got something in sitka which is such a pretty colour. If only it could become a permanent part of the range. The absolute highlight for me though was the small double organiser pouch which I think is olive. I love the colour!

Thank you to everyone at Tom Bihn for the excellent products and service.

Name:	IMG_0718.JPG
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	300870Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0719.JPG
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	300871
                          A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

Originally posted by Denises View Post
                            My order arrived first thing this morning which was a really great surprise as I wasn't expecting it until later in the day. Great way to start the week!

The A30 packing cube backpack will be very useful, and I'm pleased to have got something in sitka which is such a pretty colour. If only it could become a permanent part of the range. The absolute highlight for me though was the small double organiser pouch which I think is olive. I love the colour!

Thank you to everyone at Tom Bihn for the excellent products and service.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17112[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17113[/ATTACH]
                            I just received the same color small double organizer pouch and love the color so much! I'd love someone to verify the color.
                            Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
                            Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
                            Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Comment

Got my box o' goodies yesterday and I loved seeing the Christmas card in there! The contents are all gifts I'll be giving to my family except for the large Sitka shop bag; that baby is mine. (:

Others pictured here are a steel/fjord little swift, island large travel tray and an aubergine mini q-kit.

This is my first time seeing fjord up close in person and I have to say it is one gorgeous looking color. Wow!

Follow me on Twitter or Instagram @moongooseryan

Comment

For those wondering how the small TT and YSS compare in size (cross-posted from Ravelry).

Comment

Working...
                                X