Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,743   Posts: 190,294   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 258
Welcome to our newest member, Hokie12.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Side Kick (SK) inside of the Little Swift is an amazing combination:

- It stands up on its own.

- This still wouldn't be my everyday winter bag, but if you are caught in bad weather, you know that the delicate electronics you may be carrying can be safely secured in the SK and will remain dry.

- It is also a bit more pickpocket-proof than the Little Swift on its own, particularly if the top is latched shut.

- The perfect subway bag, as no unzipping is required to pull out your train pass. (Or car keys.)

- Extra items you may need to carry can be slipped around the edges of the SK.

Absolutely love the steel/Fjord.

----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Comment

Oh my god, I have to have that LS combo♥

Comment

Just ordered one! :D

Comment

I have been doing some long overdue office organizing and was shuffling around my Travel Trays. I keep these things widely scattered around the house. Anyway, I thought the spinning project looked pretty in my Nordic TT. I'm doing it on a Trindle. Anyway, the cat photobombed it. She loves to wreck pictures!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7911.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	654.0 KB
ID:	300898

And I'm so sorry about the orientation of the photo. Nothing I do works with my computer to get these things to come out correctly. I shoot with my iPhone and then email to my PC laptop. The PC shows them correctly oriented. The laptop does, too. I have tried saving in any number of configurations, and NOTHING works.
          Last edited by moriond; 12-07-2016, 11:12 AM. Reason: Rotated photo and deleted previous uploads

Comment

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
            And I'm so sorry about the orientation of the photo. Nothing I do works with my computer to get these things to come out correctly. I shoot with my iPhone and then email to my PC laptop. The PC shows them correctly oriented. The laptop does, too. I have tried saving in any number of configurations, and NOTHING works.
            I know the issue! One of your pictures looks fine on my phone, but not on my computer.
            What I do with photos is to send them to my computer, and even if they appear to be in the correct orientation, rotate the picture 360 degrees and save it again. This seems to lock it in so it displays correctly.
            ----
            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
            Edmund Burke

Comment

A few additional pics of some new (and older) items. I noticed this morning that my desk contains not only my beautiful Sitka MTT but also the swag that arrived on the same day from the Flyte Kickstarter-hence the Cuban flag, etc. It looks like the desk of a happy traveler. Which I am. :)

And then the new shop bags are happily awaiting my arrival at the grocery after work.

Also featured: SE in Nordic/Iberian and my EDC S25 in Navy/Iberian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by AmyMo; 12-07-2016, 06:23 AM.
              "Here's my life. I have to mine it, farm it, trade it, tenant it, and when the lease is up, it cannot be renewed."
              --Jeanette Winterson

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                I know the issue! One of your pictures looks fine on my phone, but not on my computer.
                What I do with photos is to send them to my computer, and even if they appear to be in the correct orientation, rotate the picture 360 degrees and save it again. This seems to lock it in so it displays correctly.
                I have done that as well. It still doesn't work. Darn HP! Of course it's not my Apple's fault. ;-)

Comment

Little Swift in Aubergine/Sitka with colors of the rainbow to brighten up our cloudy days:)
                  Iberian 3DOC, Zest Mini OP, Solar small YSS, Sitka lining, Nordic SE, Ultraviolet medium OP

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	777.2 KB
ID:	300895
                  Here we are waiting with boy3 at the Opthamologist's office along with a Steel/Solar S19

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	774.7 KB
ID:	300896
                  Last edited by RDR3; 12-07-2016, 09:44 AM.

Comment

@RDR3 Love the colors!
                    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
                      I have done that as well. It still doesn't work. Darn HP! Of course it's not my Apple's fault. ;-)
                      @Mausermama,

I'm on my Mac laptop now (usually I access the forums on an iPhone or iPad), so I downloaded your image (the first one, I think), opened it in Preview, did a Command-R to rotated it to upright orientation, saved it with Command-S, then edited your post (since I have moderator privileges) to upload the correctly oriented version as a new image attachment, and deleted references to the previous two uploaded images. Hope this is OK and that this looks the way you want it to appear! (In general I can't handle this from an iOS device -- no room for saving lots of forum images and editing them, more limited bandwidth connections, and too many steps to easily handle image editing and cleanup operations operations for image attachments)

@bchaplin, I wrote up an explanation post of what's happening in the Posting Pictures thread in July.

Generally, I view the images that I want to transfer and/or upload to the forums on my iPhone in a mode or app that allows photo editing then rotate and save/export them in the correct orientation before I do the transfer. Or you can use the method @NWHikergal mentions in that thread of mailing yourself the picture (taking advantage of the option of cutting the image down to smaller manageable size) , then opening it on your computer and rotating it to the desired orientation before uploading.

HTH

moriond

ETA: If your PC shows the mailed image in the correct orientation, it may mean that the Application you are using to display the image is capable of reading the EXIF data and orienting the picture accordingly. Check to see whether you can view thumbnails of those images. Thumbnail versions of images don't contain the data to orient images using EXIF data from your iPhone's camera and gyroscope. That's why if you view the images in the forum Attachment gallery you'll see them with the same orientation as your web browser will display.
                      Last edited by moriond; 12-07-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                        @Mausermama,

ETA: If your PC shows the mailed image in the correct orientation, it may mean that the Application you are using to display the image is capable of reading the EXIF data and orienting the picture accordingly. Check to see whether you can view thumbnails of those images. Thumbnail versions of images don't contain the data to orient images using EXIF data from your iPhone's camera and gyroscope. That's why if you view the images in the forum Attachment gallery you'll see them with the same orientation as your web browser will display.
                        That must be what is happening. I did check thumbnails as well (tiny pictures, right?) and they seemed to orient themselves correctly as well. I will keep trying. I do feel like a complete ninny for not being able to figure out what, to my understanding, so many of the rest of you all have just fine!

And thank you for fixing me up. I know it takes time out of your day to do that, and I truly appreciate it.

Blessings to you!

Comment

Handwoven keystrap.

Name:	TB3.jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	300907

Handwoven ribbons to add to my Doggienaut 36. I think they blend in too much with the aubergine of the bag. I think I need to weave some brighter ones in more contrasting colors so they stand out more.

Name:	TB1.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	300908

It helps me and my husband find our bags quickly. I always know the handwoven ribbons are mine.

Name:	TB2.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	300909

I keep debating if I shouldn't have put the second ribbon on the other side of the bag where the strap attaches, instead of both on the same side / bottom.

I think my next attempt will use the colors in the Skookum Dog logo.
                          Last edited by BWeaves; 12-08-2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

@Mausermama, one other thing I will sometimes do to upload photos I have taken on my iPhone is first log into the site on my computer and post the text and save the post. Then I open Tapatalk on my iPhone and select the option to edit the post, and I individually upload the photos from my iPhone and choose the option to upload a smaller size photo (640x480 I think) - the photos seem to automatically orient correctly. Just a suggestion, since it sounds like you also have an iPhone. :)
                            "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                            "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Nothing wrong with my previous handwoven ribbons except they blended in too much to the Doggienaut 36. I want them to jump out so I can tell it's my bag. So I wove ribbons in the colors of the Skookum Dog label. Two ribbons for the D36 (this time attached on opposite corners of the bag, and one new keystrap.

Name:	TB1.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	300924

Name:	TB2.jpg
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	300925

Name:	TB4.jpg