Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,637   Posts: 189,060   Members: 6,624   Active Members: 294
MartyAuste
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MartyAuste.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what I've been waiting for all week, my brand new A30! Isn't she a beaut? The black halcyon/island colorway looks amazing in person.

This is my one year Bihn-iversary from when I got my first ever TB item last year, so I thought I'd treat myself to a desperately needed overnight bag.

Here's everything that's going in it for my 2-3 night trips:

A45 PCBP with a couple changes of clothes
    PCSB in monarch for an extra pair of shoes
    PCSB in Sitka for my toiletries including contact solution, medication, toothbrush, and so on
    Pillow - which I've had since I was a kid. I can't sleep without it!

I really love how the black, Sitka, and island look together.

All packed up. I can actually fit more into it as well which surprised me, but is also reassuring that I can squeeze a few extra items in if I ever needed to.

Not sure if this is true of other TB bags that have the backpack straps, but inside the area where my backpack straps are, there's a little bit of original halcyon to go along with the black and the island. Something neat I thought would be photoworthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter or Instagram @moongooseryan

Comment

Pilot in its daily resting place
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Pilot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	301049

Comment

Originally posted by SirPhobos View Post
        Pilot in its daily resting place
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17398[/ATTACH]
        I love your hat! May I ask where you got it?
        Follow me on Twitter or Instagram @moongooseryan

Comment

Thanks, it was actually a christmas gift, not sure where it came from, but if I had to guess Amazon. The brand is Jamont

Comment

GORGEOUS, @LilAve! Congratulations.

Comment

DLBPs on the march in downtown Los Angeles. 2 families, 4 kids, 4 DLBPs (Black Cordura, Black Halcyon, Original Halcyon, Nordic Halcyon). Believe it or not, we did not coordinate this!

Name:	20170121_125427.jpg
Size:	763.7 KB
ID:	301053

Comment

Was sipping coffee and listening to a four piece rockabilly-swing band jamming...and then looked down to see my aubergine Parental Unit sporting sprouts...and some notebooks. Thought it looked cool.

Comment

OHHHHH, brussel sprouts! I thought you were talking about the little backpack Sprouts, and I couldn't figure out which things they were in the photo.

Comment

A month after getting a S19, I couldn't resist picking up a DLBC for work! Despite both being on the smaller end of the spectrum, they both can hold more than their size would lead you to believe.

Comment

^^gorgeous photo. Gorgeous bags.

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

I have been packing like a madwoman for a move, and I ended up loading up many of my TB bags with clothes and miscellaneous things. While this isn't a great photo and there is a messy background, I thought a side view of someone who is 5'3" wearing a Hero's Journey might be helpful for any petite folks considering it.

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                        "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

I love the steel/UV combo, and I was fortunate to trade another forum member for this vintage Co-Pilot. Though clearly the CP has been tweaked over the years, and there are improvements in the newest models, I'm enjoying the old-style look and tags of this one. I still maintain that the "Portable Culture" tag was the best one :)

The Co-Pilot has made a return as my every-day bag, because the Side Kick fits so well in the back. With the Side Effect, there'd been an awkward amount of wasted space, but the SK is perfect. All the overflow stuff, like winter gear, goes in the front pockets.

Name:	20170202_090618-COLLAGE small.jpg
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	301086
                          bchaplin
                          Forum Member
                          Last edited by bchaplin; 02-02-2017, 05:04 PM.
                          ----
                          All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                          Edmund Burke

Comment

I'm sitting in a hotel lobby (all day) during a dance convention. I left everything in the car except for my SSB (Sitka) & my SK (Steel/Iberian). My knitting, snacks, books, water, etc are all easy to grab when I need them!

Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Comment

Finally got to use the A45 on a 6 week trip.

Name:	017-Alekandra, Canada (7-10 Jan 2017).JPG
Size:	973.1 KB
ID:	301095Click image for larger version

Name:	15622520_10100777722600698_2286324793476704968_n.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	301096

Not sure if i would recommend for someone who likes to shop.

Comment

Today I took my A30 Packing Cube Backpack out for a walk at Otari Wilton's Bush which is a suburban park with some of Wellington's remaining original indigenous forest. It's a great place for a cool walk on a hot day. Despite the heat,we could hear quite a lot of bird life. The backpack held a jacket, water bottle, wallet, phone and smaller bits and pieces really well. I'm looking forward to using it as a packing cube later this year.

Name:	IMG_0842.jpg
Size:	428.9 KB
ID:	301104
                                A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

Working...
                                X