Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,291   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katcalls View Post
    I've been freaking out a bit that I made a wrong colour choice... after seeing some photos here I was worried that my Verde SK I ordered would be too bright for my taste. However all that was put to rest when I finally opened the box. It's a gorgeous colour, deep and lovely.
    As another very happy owner of a verde SK, I totally agree with you about the colour. It is beautiful, and a lot of people have commented on it.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

Back to working on my company blog while I hang out at Spring Park Coffee. I come here every week to work while I wait for my daughter to finish her volunteer time at a local wolf sanctuary. I brought the Cafe Bag and my Side Kick today because I didn't want to haul my laptop since after this I'm heading to a soccer game. I'm going to be working using the iPad today instead. Happy Sunday, everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Picking up some straw with my Co-Pilot!

Last edited by maverick; 05-22-2017, 04:57 AM.
        -m

Comment

Portsmouth (UK) bound for a Bihnion reunion [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am from Portsmouth NH, you're heading to my hometown's namesake, lol!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
            "Not all who wander are lost"
            "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
            Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
              Portsmouth (UK) bound for a Bihnion reunion [emoji16]

Nice! Is that one of those collapsible travel mugs?

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Comment

@blackbird Yes, it's a new collapsible mug called a Pokito .... I find it's a bit more stable for handing to baristas than the Stojo.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
                  Picking up some straw with my Co-Pilot!
                  What's the straw for?!
                  Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Some shopping and lunch at the local Whole Foods, brought my FJN in my PCSB and my wasabi shop bag. And of course some chocolate on the side. My pen matched the plant pot almost exactly!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	403.1 KB
ID:	301500

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
                      What's the straw for?!
                      Hi Darcy!

The straw is for helping to cover the ground where grass seed has been spread in a friend's yard. :)

The Co-Pilot spent the day with me -- from a morning hike at Lake Accotink Park in the morning, to looking at flooring and tile in the afternoon, to picking up straw in the evening!
                      -m

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Using my DLBC for work, it's a great size and light/easy to carry.

Last edited by JonC; 05-22-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Smart Alec (SA) and Side Effect (SE) make a perfect match: When using the SA as my daypack the SE stays inside which preserves the neat and clear outline of the SA (which I love!). When I need more space inside, the SE migrates to the outside where I use it instead of the Upper Modular Pocket (UMP). Although the SE is smaller than the UMP, it is much more versatile as I can also use it on its own with the hip belt or the shoulder strap. Both positions for the SE work with the 1'' Single Gate Keeper.

Name:	sa_se-1.jpg
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	301512Click image for larger version

Name:	sa_se-2.jpg
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	301511Click image for larger version

Name:	sa_se-3.jpg
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	301510Click image for larger version

Name:	sa_se-4.jpg
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	301509Click image for larger version

Name:	sa_se-5.jpg
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	301508Click image for larger version

Name:	sa_se-6.jpg
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	301507
                          ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
                          current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Packed for Memorial Day weekend--an overnight flight for a family party. Nordic Night Flight Travel Duffel, with a lot of choices of outfits, a full set of toiletries in one pocket (even though some could be borrowed and so aren't strictly necessary), my phone and Kindle, spare phone "just in case", Snake Charmer with chargers and other miscellany, eyeglass case, and sleepwear. I'm also carrying the Side Kick.

I've used the NFTD twice now, last week on a trip to Asheville, but only in combination with a suitcase. This is my first time taking it as my main bag. I changed my seat on the plane to one right up front because I realized I don't need early boarding to snag overhead space. :)

Stuffed full, the NFTD weighs in at about 10 pounds; slightly less as-is, or slightly more if I throw in a pair of sandals. It is a bit heavy, so I'm trying it with the absolute shoulder strap, which seems to help a lot.

Name:	memorial_day_weekend.jpg
Size:	430.3 KB
ID:	301517
                            ----
                            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                            Edmund Burke

Comment

Thanks for the report, @bchaplin. It leads me to consider replacing my lost mini Yeoman with the NFTD. I love the Yeoman, but sometimes wish I had pockets. I'll have to go back and look at the NFTD thread to verify if my size 6 running shoes will fit in the main compartment.

Comment

My size 9 sandals did. Though the Yeoman probably has more flexibility.

Sorry to hear about your lost Yeoman... and passports? That's awful!
                                ----
                                All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                                Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                                X