Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,823   Posts: 191,280   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Pokilani, I would love to see some pictures of the bags at the beaches of Maui! :)

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
    Aloha, Maui.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -m

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Originally posted by maverick View Post
      @Pokilani, I would love to see some pictures of the bags at the beaches of Maui! :)
      Sadly, I'm in Denver now. 5 more hours for my layover. :( But there is one of my DLBP on a rocky beach and another of my Fjord shop bag on the beach in the "Where did your TB bag go lately" (or something like that).

Comment

Paddington Bear modeling the latest in Cubelet fashion. it's perfect for carrying bun money.
        I love the new grass color!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5448.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	301755

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

The large ballistic organiser pouch is great to keep ready with documents and cables / chargers to quickly grab for meetings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

They're here! They're here!

Here is a quickie pic of my two new Cubeletes and the tiny Pouchlet. I especially love the color of Veridian. Together they remind me of Barney the dinosaur, truth be told. When I had my babies, I used to carry them in a sling that was the same colors. Good memories!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
              I especially love the color of Veridian. Together they remind me of Barney the dinosaur, truth be told.
              LOL! I love the Alphaviolet and the Viridian (from pictures, at least) but I knew there was a reason I didn't care for them together. I thought it was a very early 90s color combo (which is hip these days, right?), but for some reason I do have an aversion to all-things Barney-coloring.
              kindness is contagious.

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

I never tire of Mt Rainier views. I was fortunate enough to go for a hike there today, and my adventure buddy kiwi COW joined me.

"Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

@NWhikergal, beautiful spot. Bear grass and lupine complement the kiwi.

Comment

any chance you're willing to share your trail approach?? :)

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post
                      any chance you're willing to share your trail approach?? :)
                      Hi @GrussGott, this was taken just above Eunice Lake en route to Tolmie Peak Lookout at Mt Rainier. Tolmie Peak Lookout - Eunice Lake ? Washington Trails Association Or were you asking something else?

If you mean principles, I believe in "leave no trace" and be prepared, so I always bring the 10 essentials, plus some extra preparedness items (without bringing the whole kitchen sink), and I will sometimes pick up trail litter on the way down, if I have room in my pack. If I am going on a particularly difficult hike or overnighter, I am way more strict with the weight of what I am carrying, but I still may take some luxury items to make things more pleasant (for example, a kindle paperwhite for multiday trips, so I can occupy myself before sleep).
                      Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-09-2017, 08:07 AM.
                      "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
                        Hi @GrussGott, this was taken just above Eunice Lake en route to Tolmie Peak Lookout at Mt Rainier. Tolmie Peak Lookout - Eunice Lake ? Washington Trails Association Or were you asking something else?
                        Wow, so awesome, thanks! Sorry for the OT, but another quick question: if I rented an SUV, would that be fine for Mowich Lake Road? I don't live in the area, but would love to do this hike during a visit. Thanks again NW hiker gal!

Comment

Originally posted by GrussGott View Post
                          Wow, so awesome, thanks! Sorry for the OT, but another quick question: if I rented an SUV, would that be fine for Mowich Lake Road? I don't live in the area, but would love to do this hike during a visit. Thanks again NW hiker gal!
                          It is a comfortable drive with a SUV for sure, though it is also doable in a normal car as well, depending on the speed and care with which one drives. Although there is an extended washboard type section of the gravel road, it is much improved from how it used to be. There are not a bunch of significant potholes like there are on some of the other hikes. While I haven't hiked at nearby Summit Lake, that one looks like SUV is highly recommended.

Last off the photos topic digression: I definitely recommend checking Washington Trails Association for trip reports for any of the WA hikes when you are in the area, as one can often find really helpful info on current trail conditions. Have fun whenever you visit! :)

Comment

Relaxing in-flight with my Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet Synapse25 and Black Halcyon/Island Side Kick. These are awesome travel bags! elisa
                            Attached Files

Comment

Traveling on the Amtrak with my Co-Pilot!
                              Attached Files
                              -m

Comment

My new S25 arrived! The first thing I did was attach two 3DOCs to the webbing loops as in the Forum Hacks 2 video. I love this setup! The clear one is holding sunscreens and hand sanitiser right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X