Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,996   Posts: 193,770   Members: 6,894   Active Members: 244
Welcome to our newest member, gojonnie.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KmK
    replied
    A cozy Sunday... Working through a resolvable problem. With coffee. And podcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Denises
    replied
    Here's my Side Kick enjoying the sunshine at the Lady Norwood Rose Garden here in Wellington. (It's summer here in New Zealand!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3084.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	307823

Leave a comment:

• b1gsky
    replied
    On the road with the MCB and the small YD. I think the two colors look nice together!

Name:	IMG_20201126_082715018_1.jpg
Size:	892.8 KB
ID:	307811

Leave a comment:

• goblin
    replied
    Here's my Side Kick kickin it while doing an order pickup

Name:	Side Kick.jpg
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	307808

Here's the Pop Tote accompanying me at home

Name:	Pop Tote.jpg
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	307809

Leave a comment:

• KmK
    replied
    Simple, glorious, tried, true, and utterly reliable...The humble practically perfect MCB. (It’s an HLT 1 on its end in the second picture.)

Leave a comment:

• bartleby
    replied
    Hi maverick, great pics, I couldn't agree more! Took mine to the Mindelsee close to Lake Constance.

Name:	a99b951c-5f62-4c54-ba6b-27e63bf62e96.jpg
Size:	495.8 KB
ID:	307807

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Absolutely love hiking with the Synapse 25 Guide’s Edition! At Rapidan Camp in Shenandoah National Park.

Leave a comment:

• jkonthank1
    replied

Clea enjoying her space in the bag [emoji38]

Leave a comment:

• jkonthank1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jkonthank1
    replied
    Here is my burnt orange Aeronaut 30 with my orange tabby kitty Clea. She’s helping me lol. I cannot wait to start traveling with this bag. It can accommodate even my size 12 wide dress shoes . I could fit one of each shoe on each side pocket or both in shoe bags in the middle compartment on the sides . However driving shoes can fit directly into the side pocket because they are more flexible. So any shoe that has flexibility or can be collapsed would be totally fine in the side pocket. I definitely could fit a weeks worth of clothes easily including a suit which I folded into a TB A30 packing cube.

Leave a comment:

• Cristina
    replied
    Happy Halloween!

Leave a comment:

• haraya
    replied
    I love Pho 75 in Arlington... need to get some soon, it's been too long! (There is also a pho place closer to where I live, but Pho 75 is my favorite!!)

Originally posted by maverick View Post
    I would be thrilled to see him carry a TOM BIHN bag, but the things that dado is in to are entirely too cool! :)
    Hahaha! Of course! I should've realized that right away, since we have a teen and a tween, both of whom are much more hip and knowledgeable about the world than their parents. ;) (I've managed to convert them to TB gear for travel, however!)

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Hi theswiftbiker and Chicagoan,

Don’t know whether you guys are interested, but there have been some related posts about using the Travel Tray this way, starting with Darcy’s Travel tray goes camping

She used a Guardian Light (now retired, but you can still find these, e.g Adventure Lights Guardian Hunting Series Dog Collar Light, Red or Adventure Lights Guardian Hunting Series Dog Collar Light, White from Amazon)
    Originally posted by theswiftbiker View Post
    Solaris stuff sack as a makeshift lantern.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
    YES THIS.
    I actually was thinking about this exact usage! Thanks for posting!
    The next time I have a chance to grab a size one stuff sack in Solar, I think I will.

I’ll also add that bchaplin also showed pictures of this with a Wasabi Travel Tray and other flashlights — this also worked with my QUark MiNi, which has a diffuse setting, but I couldn’t take a good low light picture with Zest or Solar. Apologies, but since this was posted in the Just for registered users forum, people who haven’t logged in won’t be able to view her photos,
    Originally posted by bchaplin
    The lighter colored travel trays also double as lanterns. I can't take credit for this idea -- someone posted a photo like this before, but I can't find it. One of them with my Guardian light and another with my more powerful Surefire flashlight.

Sometimes when you're traveling it's nice to have a softer light. Flashlights and hotel room overheads can be harsh.
    Oh, and if you do get a size 1 Travel Stuff Sack, you can also use it as a divider for a Small Travel Tray. That’s another bchaplin post
    Excerpting just the picture

HTH

moriond

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Indeed, it was vegan pho, and it was amazing!

He is now taller than me, but I'm going to catch up to him!

I would be thrilled to see him carry a TOM BIHN bag, but the things that dado is in to are entirely too cool! :)

Originally posted by haraya View Post
    That looks like a wonderful meal! (Is that pho?) Your son is a giant now!! :D (and what? your son doesn't have his own TB bag for toting his computer?) :D (just teasing you, maverick!)

Leave a comment:

• haraya
    replied
    I started doing this (to my HLT2 as well). For internal zip pulls and GW pulls, I like using the threads or ribbons repurposed from clothing hang tags , as the scale (~gauge :)) tend to be a little smaller than the paracord I have on hand.

Originally posted by melminimalist View Post
    Added pulls to my ghost whale line-up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X