Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,887   Posts: 192,190   Members: 6,766   Active Members: 371
Welcome to our newest member, EthanHamric.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Small Snake Charmer in Dawn arrived today! It’s bigger than I thought, this is going to hold a lot. The normal Snake Charmer must be huge! I’m going to use mine at home for my most often used cables and then use it to keep my cables and other small travel items together on the road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D825F74F-DE8B-4845-8D9A-33963D97722A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	304662

Comment

Guess who organised the bags when travelling to Caloundra Qld for a week.

I'm traveling with a lightly packed (6kg) A30 and the pilot, my wife has a fully stuffed A45 (12kg) plus a non TB bag. I wouldn't normally travel with two bags but we needed to check both bags and my daughter's Disney rolar bag as we were on a smaller aircraft.

The A30 is my fav travel bag in shape, packing and carry, even if it's a bit big for what I take. An A22-24 would be my ideal bag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

New Year's resolution...

...just thinking whether I should try new colors next year?

Name:	shades_of_blue-1.jpg
Size:	489.7 KB
ID:	304685

Happy new year to all!!!
        ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
        current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Now I want a navy Road Buddy. I normally don't like navy, but damn that's a pretty picture.

Comment

Castle adventure earlier this week with my DLBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Older Laptop Bag

I bought a TB laptop bag years ago--so long ago I know I was using a flip-phone in the strap -- because it was specially designed to carry a phone (of that size). It easily carried two laptops and a tablet; plus their charging cables. But not much else. I don't even know what the 'name' of this bag was. In the last year I've re-discovered Tom Bihn bags. For size comparison is a Side Kick. I got an S25 earlier in 2018 and that is now my go-to bag for when I have to load myself down with multiple electronics--but if it's just 1 laptop I'll often still reach for this one.

Name:	tbihn.jpg
Size:	430.2 KB
ID:	304687

Comment

A morning walk along the Darebin Creek trail in Melbourne.

Name:	IMGP5848_resize.jpg
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	304688

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Another hike today with my DLBP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by JonC; 01-01-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Road Buddy + Trucks + Shop Bags + 5 Kids...

2 weeks road trip with the (4) Road Buddys + (2) Trucks + (2) Large Zip top Shop Bags + Pilot + Dozens of misc. packing cubes with 5 kids under 6. Wife is loving the organization.

Name:	IMG_2136 (1).jpg
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	304696

Name:	IMG_2137 (1).jpg
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	304697

Name:	IMG_2139 (1).jpg
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	304698

Name:	IMG_2142 (1).jpg
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	304699

Name:	IMG_2141 (1).jpg
Size:	398.6 KB
ID:	304700
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's my Nik's wallet attached to my keychain.

Name:	20190102_155113.jpg
Size:	550.7 KB
ID:	304701

Comment

Just got back from 2 weeks in the Caribbean yesterday and I managed to snag a couple photos:

Over looking Magen's Bay in St. Thomas

Name:	IMG_0570.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	304702

Enjoying the Pitons in St. Lucia (Ok, this is just 1 Piton, the beach we were on was at the wrong angle to view both)

Name:	IMG_0976.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	304703

I thought I had one on the black sand beach in Dominica but either I forgot or its on a different camera. I'll double check and upload it later if I can find it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!
                        Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30, Monster Truck, Travel Tray

“...a book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements, clumsy hands. If for a hundred and a hundred years everyone had been able freely to handle our codices, the majority of them would no longer exist. So the librarian protects them not only against mankind but also against nature, and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion, the enemy of truth.”
                        ― Umberto Eco

Comment

Using the luminary as my overnight bag as I travel down to Sydney for the cricket. Whenever I use it I always wish it was 20L. Looking forward to the 14L version to see it it's enough space for a long weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

My Travel Cubelet arrived! Perfect size for the essentials... I don’t think it’s going to get that much use in everyday life, but it’s going to be invaluable for travel. I prefer travelling with a backpack for carrying things at my destination, but this can live inside my DLBP (or another bag) and come out for those occasions where a small crossbody bag is nicer (going out, museum visits and so on).

I already hacked the bag though - I cut the plastic hooks off the strap and attached it with black split rings. I kept the o-rings on the bag though, so I can always change it back (I still have one strap with the hooks around somewhere). And they might still be useful for attaching something to the outside, who knows... I feel like it looks much „cleaner“ now and the strap doesn’t twist around as much. I definitely prefer it this way!

Name:	9B09489F-DFFA-473F-B2AB-6987518B3AD1.jpeg
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	304705

Name:	9BAD0ECC-DD13-45A5-B009-C9DB853463B6.jpeg
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	304706

Comment

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
                              My Travel Cubelet arrived! Perfect size for the essentials... I don’t think it’s going to get that much use in everyday life, but it’s going to be invaluable for travel. I prefer travelling with a backpack for carrying things at my destination, but this can live inside my DLBP (or another bag) and come out for those occasions where a small crossbody bag is nicer (going out, museum visits and so on).

I already hacked the bag though - I cut the plastic hooks off the strap and attached it with black split rings. I kept the o-rings on the bag though, so I can always change it back (I still have one strap with the hooks around somewhere). And they might still be useful for attaching something to the outside, who knows... I feel like it looks much „cleaner“ now and the strap doesn’t twist around as much. I definitely prefer it this way!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21680[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21681[/ATTACH]
                              Ooh, where'd you get those nice black split rings? They look just like the o-rings!

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
                                Ooh, where'd you get those nice black split rings? They look just like the o-rings!
                                I bought them in an arts and crafts supply store. I think they were meant for making jewellery.

Comment

Working...
                                X