Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,583   Members: 6,645   Active Members: 253
Welcome to our newest member, YSAKit5982.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Sacha Lodge in Yasuni? I spent some time in Cuyabeno and it was fabulous, but I'd love to check out Yasuni (especially since it's looking like it'll be compromised by oil drilling soon...).

Comment

Yasuni and Sacha Lodge are on opposite sides of the Rio Napo. The cutting in of oil roads has already begun but not visible from the river or the points of entry for tourists who can only usually enter with a guia. The habitat destruction on the north side of the river is heartbreaking. But we didn't see it first hand, only pictures. Sacha is located on a large private land preserve, about 2-21/2 hrs. down river from Coca, then a 2 mile flat hike through muddy trails to a lake, then a 1/2 hr. canoe ride to the lodge.
      The bird life is quite beautiful. We did see caiman and night monkeys there. And on a special excursion to Yasuni, we visited two parrot licks, one right on the river, and another in Yasuni itself, after a little hike. The parrots were amazing and the scarlet macaws overhead were a hoot, likely family members and wrestling around like puppies.

Prior to our stay at Sacha, we stayed awhile in two different birding lodges on the east side of the Andes, and at different high elevations. The bird life was even more amazing and more accessible to viewing. We did see Napo tamarinds in Sumaco.
      While the rain forest on the river was amazing, the Andes were magnificent. I really hope you get to go.
      The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

My new aubergine A30 and French blue MCB make a beautiful traveling pair :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	377.7 KB
ID:	293277

Comment

The backpack love of my life. Here's my Smart Alec in black/steel. Less than one year and already so many great memories. Many of these pics were taken on its first day just for sizing. This post was inspired by the last shot, taken with Alec hanging in my bedroom: a cave deep on Santorini's caldera. Alec has been housed with me here for months, like the loyal companion I'd hoped he'd be. These are pics just to help see the bag, and some of its different options. Bungee loop was later swapped for 2 gatekeeper clips. And upper modular pocket was also added and rarely removed. Anyways, enough blabbering (I also can't get enough of my side effect!), here are a few shots and hopefully more to come.

Name:	alecs2.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	293323Click image for larger version

Name:	alecs3.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	293324Click image for larger version

Name:	alecs4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	293325Click image for larger version

Name:	alecs.jpg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	293322Click image for larger version

Name:	alecs5.jpg
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	293326
          Last edited by platisc; 09-11-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]6894[/ATTACH]

Aubergine WF and Nordic shop bag flying to Hawaii in April.
            I like your Ampelmann Luggage tag.

Comment

Some of the stuff that I just got in the mail-- indigo/solar S19, crimson/steel SCB, punch/steel SCB, cork pouches. (One isn't pictured.) Thanks to mostly forum members, some of whom were very very kind. (Colors are true to life when viewed on an iPhone and my laptop)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410582811.711146.jpg
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	293339
              Last edited by adalangdon; 09-12-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Hi All, ..... I have just arrived home from a few days away in Sydney, .... I thought I'd take my new TB Bags for a short holiday.

The photo's show my Cardinal/Steel Tri-Star (bought pre-owned) and Olive/Steel Medium Café Bag in front of the Sydney Opera House and The Sydney Harbour Bridge on a beautiful sunny day.

I can report back that a good time was had by all ... :)

Name:	TB Bags on Holiday.png
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	293340

Name:	TB bags on Holiday2.png
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	293341
                Tri-Star: Cardinal/Steel, Tri-Star: Aubergine/Steel, MCB: Olive/Steel, Ristretto 11": Olive/Cayenne, Swift (L): Aubergine/Wasabi, LCB: Steel/Cayenne, ID: Black/Cayenne

Comment

Originally posted by kinghorne View Post
                  Hi All, ..... I have just arrived home from a few days away in Sydney, .... I thought I'd take my new TB Bags for a short holiday.
                  This is quite a photo! I know that Sydney is easier for you to reach than those of us oceans away, but this is still mighty impressive to see your beautiful bags in front of these remarkable landmarks. We have been listening in the car to a live recording of John Denver performing at the Sydney Opera House, and this photo creates a connection to that music.

I hope one day to travel to Australia. Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Comment

When guests go out, my Bihn bags come out. Finally getting some shots of my Smart Alec and Side Effect on the balconies of Imerovigli, Santorini. These bags make me so happy. Excited to go accessory wild after six months building a list (int'l shipping just isn't worth it, plus I like to have packages to come home to to help ease the shift back)

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 1.51.37 PM.png
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	293342Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 1.51.47 PM.png
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	293343Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 1.51.56 PM.png
Views:	2
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	293344Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 1.52.09 PM.png
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	293345
                    Last edited by platisc; 09-13-2014, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Steel Ballistic Western Flyer hits South Beach, Miami...

Name:	Western Flyer Miami.jpg
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	293346

Name:	Western Flyer Miami 2.JPG
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	293351
                      Last edited by bb93fo57; 09-13-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                        Some of the stuff that I just got in the mail-- indigo/solar S19, crimson/steel SCB, punch/steel SCB, cork pouches. (One isn't pictured.) Thanks to mostly forum members, some of whom were very very kind. (Colors are true to life when viewed on an iPhone and my laptop)

[ATTACH]8472[/ATTACH]
                        So envious of that indigo s19. It is truly gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Small Iberian Shop Bag and Black Dyneema Side Effect: perfect "beach bags" for a weekend getaway to Warm Mineral Springs, FL...

Name:	Shop Bag.jpg
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	293356
                          Last edited by bb93fo57; 09-13-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I recently scored an olive/cayenne (I think) Ristretto for my husband for something crazy like $50 on ebay! It fits his MacBook perfectly, but he mainly uses it for his iPad and a couple of notebooks when he goes to meetings. I snapped this picture of it lounging at our local coffee shop while he was getting us a couple of beers. He came back while I was still taking pictures and just rolled his eyes. He doesn't even ask anymore.

Name:	ristretto.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	293364

ETA: Oh, and it even came with an Absolute Strap. I am so stealing that for my A30 on our next trip!

Comment

Our travel trio: Burnt Orange/Steel S19, Olive/Steel S25, and a Black/UV A45.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Name:	me_and_synapse_berlin.jpg
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	293388

Me and my Navy Synapse 19 visiting the Berlin Wall Memorial.
                                @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

Working...
                                X