Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,893   Posts: 192,259   Members: 6,768   Active Members: 333
Welcome to our newest member, TStorm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by G42 View Post
    I found that I couldn't bring any of the blues
    How fascinating! For me blue (especially deep blue) is the perfect match for Coyote!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

    Comment


      Took my CoPilot and a crochet project in a SSB to church last Saturday. Not visible (inside the CP) are my SE/purse, a cubelet with cords and headphones, and a small GWOP with crochet hooks.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CP_SSB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	305263
      That afghan no longer fits in the SSB! I need to break out a large...

      Comment


        Originally posted by bartleby View Post
        How fascinating! For me blue (especially deep blue) is the perfect match for Coyote!
        LOL, I agree with you - I should have clarified... I couldn't match the blues with the Burnt Orange... the Island ballistic was closest, but the Island halcyon with the white grid, Dawn, and Viridian all seemed too clashy to me...

        The Coyote was jumping up and down in the back of the pile yelling 'pick me! pick me'

        :)


        ETA, a Navy or Deep Blue looks pretty good with Burnt Orange to me too, but they don't exist in the shop bags
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

        Comment


          :D :D :D

          Originally posted by G42 View Post
          ETA, a Navy or Deep Blue looks pretty good with Burnt Orange to me too, but they don't exist in the shop bags
          Oh, that's true! That's why my first acquisition from the tote family was a Pop Tote in Deep Blue - so gorgeous!
          ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
          current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

          Comment


            I took my co-pilot on a trip to NY, and as always, it was a champ for an in flight access bag. Photos with one of the kitties here, as well as of a nice outing.




            Really, another pic?


            Urgent grooming




            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
            "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

            Comment


              The bag, the place, the pen, paper, and the cup of caffeinated glory...heck, even the rain...makes work just a little easier...







              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Attached Files

              Comment




                ZTLSB in coyote accompanied me on a shopping trip today, here it is in the changing room.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Not all who wander are lost"
                "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

                Comment


                  ButtUglyJeff, Ghost Whale fanboy checking in. I know there's a lot of fountain pen users here, so I thought a size perspective was in order:

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03673.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	305272

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03677.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	305273

                  I accidentally received 2 minis, and was super surprised to find that my Pilot Prera pens fit quite nicely inside. (Nice move Tom Bihn... Nice move indeed...) The Kaweco Sports are even shorter and would fit with room to spare. The Prera is max length for the mini Ghost Whale. In the small are the very common Lamy Safari and Al-Star. And you can see, you can go even longer.

                  The second photo shows that I keep them in the pouches upside down, to keep the nibs from drying (all fountain pen users fear that). And when I clip them to the O-Rings, they stay pointed down, so awesome...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ButtUglyJeff; 05-25-2019, 07:08 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
                    In the small are the very common Lamy Safari and Al-Star. ... The second photo shows that I keep them in the pouches upside down, to keep the nibs from drying (all fountain pen users fear that). And when I clip them to the O-Rings, they stay pointed down, so awesome...
                    Yes! I use a Small GWP as my pen case for school, and my two Al-Stars are point-down to keep the nibs from drying out. I usually tuck the pouch into a pocket of a Freudian Slip.

                    If the GWP were about 1/8" longer I could zip the pouch entirely closed, but as it is my ink-eraser pen sticks out the top. I'm OK with that, everything seems secure enough. (Actually I could probably just stop carrying the ink-eraser pen since it only works on plain blue ink and I usually have my pens loaded with other shades.)
                    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

                    I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

                    Comment


                      I hesitated before entrusting my shop bag to another, really I did... There are REASONS we have vibes... and this is a photo of ignoring those vibes.

                      It is a photo of that and a testament to the overall durability of a TB bag. I call this “Shop Bag meets a Baseboard Heater. “ The burned part is, well, teetering toward crispy. Not burned through, per se, but it will not be long for use, sadly... the cross threads are fraying and little pinpricks of light come through the crisp part.

                      If you have baseboard heaters, Do Not put Anything up against them...




                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        That is... not OK. I'm sorry for the destruction of your bag.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by KmK View Post
                          I hesitated before entrusting my shop bag to another, really I did... There are REASONS we have vibes... and this is a photo of ignoring those vibes.

                          It is a photo of that and a testament to the overall durability of a TB bag. I call this “Shop Bag meets a Baseboard Heater. “ The burned part is, well, teetering toward crispy. Not burned through, per se, but it will not be long for use, sadly... the cross threads are fraying and little pinpricks of light come through the crisp part.

                          If you have baseboard heaters, Do Not put Anything up against them...




                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Nooooo not a discontinued item!!! What a shame [emoji17]

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by KmK View Post
                            I hesitated before entrusting my shop bag to another, really I did... There are REASONS we have vibes... and this is a photo of ignoring those vibes.

                            It is a photo of that and a testament to the overall durability of a TB bag. I call this “Shop Bag meets a Baseboard Heater. “ The burned part is, well, teetering toward crispy. Not burned through, per se, but it will not be long for use, sadly... the cross threads are fraying and little pinpricks of light come through the crisp part.

                            If you have baseboard heaters, Do Not put Anything up against them...
                            Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear it!
                            I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

                            I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
                              I took my co-pilot on a trip to NY, and as always, it was a champ for an in flight access bag. Photos with one of the kitties here, as well as of a nice outing.




                              Really, another pic?


                              Urgent grooming




                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              NWhikergal, are you in Cooperstown now?? I grew up there and moved back 3 yrs ago. Ommegang is a great place. Sitting on the veranda or around the firepit at the Otesaga Hotel are also highly recommended. I hope you’re enjoying my hometown!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by aedifica View Post
                                Yes! I use a Small GWP as my pen case for school, and my two Al-Stars are point-down to keep the nibs from drying out. I usually tuck the pouch into a pocket of a Freudian Slip.

                                If the GWP were about 1/8" longer I could zip the pouch entirely closed, but as it is my ink-eraser pen sticks out the top. I'm OK with that, everything seems secure enough. (Actually I could probably just stop carrying the ink-eraser pen since it only works on plain blue ink and I usually have my pens loaded with other shades.)
                                aedifica, where do you buy your ink-erasers?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X