Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,745   Posts: 190,322   Members: 6,605   Active Members: 255
Welcome to our newest member, MeaningwaveExists.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new grey/UV Synapse 19 (among other things) today. Woohoo! I took a few quick and dirty iPhone snaps of it, hopefully soon I'll get somewhere interesting worth taking better photos. :)

(click through the Flickr links for larger photos)

Tom Bihn Synapse 19 Grey/UV by Meghan (Rambling On. . . ), on Flickr

Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

It has the old zipper style!!! That must mean mine will too!!! I really like that look for the Synapse. Excited for Friday when mine arrives. Kinda worried the honey will try to steal it for an 8-day trip next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Since I still had my black Synapse 19 handy (up for sale, though!) here is a quick comparison of Black, Steel, and Grey - the Steel looks very green-toned next to the Grey, at least in this light.

Black, Steel, and Grey by Meghan (Rambling On. . . ), on Flickr

Also, a close-up of the replacement zipper pulls on my Grey S19, I had a little bit of fun with purple paracord:

Purple Cord Pulls by Meghan (Rambling On. . . ), on Flickr
        Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Meglet, where did you get your purple cord pulls?

Comment

I tried replacing my cord pulls with paracord as well but it didn't fit back in the TB ends. Did you remove the inner strands to make them fit? Looks nice btw.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisc983 View Post
              I tried replacing my cord pulls with paracord as well but it didn't fit back in the TB ends. Did you remove the inner strands to make them fit? Looks nice btw.
              Here's a highly entertaining instructional video.

Note: requires small child to get the full effect.

ETA: All credit for this production goes to @Janine.
              Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                Meglet, where did you get your purple cord pulls?

I knew that was coming, I should have just linked in the original. LOL Like almost everything else in life, I found it at Amazon: Purple ParaCord. This one is the "Home Town Hero" color, and I got the 10ft version. I also picked up a few other colors which will be going on my WF and A30 soon.

Originally posted by chrisc983 View Post
                I didn't remove the inner cord, I just sort of squished the cord into the pull tab. I also didn't melt the ends, because I did this at the office and didn't think it was a good idea to be playing with open flame there. If you were to take them apart, my cord pulls don't look nearly as neat as the ones in Janine's video, but they work and they look nice from the outside so I'm happy with them. I also made them a tiny bit longer than the originals to get a little more purple effect.
                Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Thanks I'll try it again when I get home this time I won't melt the ends and see if that helps make them fit.

Comment

TB YSS SOLAR kitten burrito.

The structure of this bag makes it even easier to carry him around after he feeds and it holds the burrito edges closed. Even though the burrito is not entirely in the bag it still feels like he's on a plate or something more solid than just a bag or his fabric burrito. He's more secure for carrying. Win!

He's 11.5 oz, a bit larger than my hand and very very wiggly when awake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KittenYSSresized.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	293414

Comment

My new-to-me French Blue (!!!) S25...

This thing seems so cavernous! I did manage to fill it up, though.

Comment

It's double love! I took my son to tour the campus of Florida State University yesterday. We both carried our Cafe Bags (his is large, mine is medium). Wouldn't you know it, we both have and love the same colorway, cocoa/olive! Anyway, the day was quite rainy yesterday, but everything stayed nicely organized and dry as we walked around the university. Needless to say, he was very impressed, and it's going on his list to consider!

Name:	Cafe Bags.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	293428

Comment

Great photo!
                          Your MCB actually kinda looks bigger than his LCB in the pic!
                          What bag will he be using for Uni? ^.^

Comment

He will use either his LCB or his Brain Bag. He's officially put a request for a Synapse for Christmas. He's waffling between the 19, which is what I have, or the 25. He likes the compactness of my smaller bag, but he has a fairly large frame for all his skinniness. He's 6'2". It would be easier to know which bag would be best if I had a 25 lying around, but alas, that is one of the few that I don't have!

Comment

Because of his height, my recommendation would be for the S25. It will still feel more compact that the BB and if it's only partially full, it will still look nice. An added benefit is it will easily hold either a notebook or notebook computer, even they are oversized, where the S19 starts to run into problems if the contents are squared off and thick or the top is similar height to the bag due to the rounded upper profile. Lastly, remember you can order the S25 and if he decides it's too big, return it and then order the S19.
                              I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

My Ego's so big that it needs a seat of its own 8-) (As a side note, wow. Something as simple as strips can really change the look of a bag.)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412431233.950291.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	293429
                                Last edited by adalangdon; 10-04-2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X