Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The neat and tidy, writerly-readerly Icon...

    Holds a not-jammed-but-no-room-to-spare A5 Ghost Whale, a fairly chubby HLT-1, a second trade sized paperback, a Bounty bar (yum!), keys, and a IPhone XR...being used to take the pic.

    And there was room still for my hat and gloves rolled up.





    Comment


      Originally posted by KmK View Post
      The neat and tidy, writerly-readerly Icon...

      Holds a not-jammed-but-no-room-to-spare A5 Ghost Whale, a fairly chubby HLT-1, a second trade sized paperback, a Bounty bar (yum!), keys, and a IPhone XR...being used to take the pic.

      And there was room still for my hat and gloves rolled up.





      Love these photos! Great colors.
      We need more Icon pics; I'm curious what others are carrying in theirs.
      ----
      All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
      Edmund Burke

      Comment


        Bchaplin,

        Thanks! Glad you like the colours! The jewel-tones (ish) are my go-tos hands down. The HLT and A5 side by side fit the Icon just like puzzle pieces. I surprised myself with all that i can carry that way without it becoming disorganized chaos inside the bag.
        Last edited by KmK; 01-30-2020, 06:18 PM.

        Comment


          Your Photos Are Needed

          Been bouncing between CA and TX a lot lately. My go-to for the trips has been my SA and Pilot.
          They can both fit nicely under my seat on Southwest (middle or window seat)
          - Absolutely everything in the last pic fit in my SA (and yes, easily under the seat). Yes, it was full but not tick ready to explode full.
          - 2nd to last pic is just majority of the items in their packaging cubes
          - 3rd to last pic is travel ready

          - pic of pilot is a LOT less interesting(though in one of the packing cubes is a banana loaf that easily fed 5 people).
          - My pilot also carries my MacAir 13 + my Dell (only Dell is shown in the pic) but they both fit really nicely in the pilot even with the laptop sleeve.
          - I also normally have my SE in one of the front pockets — I loved my coworkers more in this instance and banana bread trumped SE.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	855.0 KB
ID:	306235
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1746.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	932.4 KB
ID:	306234
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1742.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	818.7 KB
ID:	306233Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	306232
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1740.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	791.0 KB
ID:	306231


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by gheebuttersnaps; 01-31-2020, 07:32 AM.
          Happy guardian of: Steel/Was A45; Steel PCBP; Steel PCs; Steel SA; Steel/UV Pilot; Cloud/Vir SK; Steel/Was SE; Aub/Coy Skook Duff; UV LSB; Sit PCSB; Lg Trvl Trays (NWS & Monarch); Hor +Vert Brain Cells + Caches; Stuff + Yarn Sacks; Pass Pouch

          Comment


            Another weekend trip with the MCB and Mini Yeoman (leaving directly from work)...

            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200131_081229098.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	306236

            Comment


              My Large SB is living the dream.
              Toting delicious bakery supplies and acting as Southwest carry-on (under the seat) for weeks’ worth of clothes and supplies (in packaging cubes and sacks) — I typically tie the handles together if there’s a risk of tipping over during car or plane transit.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	306238
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1751.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	771.6 KB
ID:	306237


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Happy guardian of: Steel/Was A45; Steel PCBP; Steel PCs; Steel SA; Steel/UV Pilot; Cloud/Vir SK; Steel/Was SE; Aub/Coy Skook Duff; UV LSB; Sit PCSB; Lg Trvl Trays (NWS & Monarch); Hor +Vert Brain Cells + Caches; Stuff + Yarn Sacks; Pass Pouch

              Comment


                Originally posted by gheebuttersnaps View Post
                Been bouncing between CA and TX a lot lately. My go-to for the trips has been my SA and Pilot.
                They can both fit nicely under my seat on Southwest (middle or window seat)
                - Absolutely everything in the last pic fit in my SA (and yes, easily under the seat). Yes, it was full but not tick ready to explode full.
                - 2nd to last pic is just majority of the items in their packaging cubes
                - 3rd to last pic is travel ready

                - pic of pilot is a LOT less interesting(though in one of the packing cubes is a banana loaf that easily fed 5 people).
                - My pilot also carries my MacAir 13 + my Dell (only Dell is shown in the pic) but they both fit really nicely in the pilot even with the laptop sleeve.
                - I also normally have my SE in one of the front pockets — I loved my coworkers more in this instance and banana bread trumped SE.
                [ATTACH]24296[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]24295[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]24294[/ATTACH][ATTACH]24293[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH]24291[/ATTACH]


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                As someone who considers my SA as my ride-or-die pack, I appreciate seeing this load-out so much. Especially since I have the same one as you. It’s just magic how much it can hold.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

                Comment


                  Received my black Parapack Synik 30 yesterday and it’s simply incredible. What a great first impression to TB bags. Here it is all packed up, ready to take to the office on Monday. Depending on the light, this bag can take on different shades - which I love.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	AF86C85C-2C00-46C0-8D25-2C6BCDB07ECE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	799.7 KB
ID:	306239
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	6B0276DC-5DB0-4A94-81B1-BE04F395560D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	306240
                  Last edited by kemote; 02-01-2020, 01:41 PM.

                  Comment


                    Nordic synapse 19, sitka pcsb, sitka small snake charmer, and two small ghost whales went to Pensacola this weekend with me. My bf took his new to him Nordic Smart Alec, it was also his first ever one- bag trip. I’ll post pics of his later.




                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Not all who wander are lost"
                    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

                    Comment




                      The pickup truck helped me haul my materials to a downtown gallery to do a screenprint demo. This bag is perfect for this kind of thing. Fits so much, and is still organized. Been using it constantly since I got it a few weeks ago.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        Loving my mars red pop tote this rainy week. Enough room for everything I need and then some.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          My Road Buddy is on the road again... This is my first time travelling with a MCB as my personal item instead of the DLBP. Let's see how it goes.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	6bc6ffc5-57f1-489f-8aa4-6c2170ecf871.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	306315

                          Comment


                            Have the exact same Road Buddy, and love it. Sad that there are no more such bags.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Inkpen View Post
                              Have the exact same Road Buddy, and love it. Sad that there are no more such bags.
                              Umm… there are still some Aubergine Road Buddy 36 Duffels left:
                              https://www.tombihn.com/products/roa...13762526347327

                              moriond

                              Comment


                                True but not in steel.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X