Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,775   Posts: 190,639   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, Hudanibs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@brendabethman, is your French blue DLBP hiding in there as a day bag or you SBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
      @brendabethman, is your French blue DLBP hiding in there as a day bag or you SBC?

Both :-) Azalea SCB hiding in NFTD and French blue DLBP in the A45 (burnt orange stayed home). I am planning to do a little Xmas shopping while in PR, so will check the A45 on the way back and carry on the NFTD and DLBP.

Comment

@pokilani Here are the DLBP and SCB unpacked and ready to go conferencing tomorrow (apologies for the bad hotel lighting).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415844428.267898.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.5 KB
ID:	293685

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
          @pokilani Here are the DLBP and SCB unpacked and ready to go conferencing tomorrow (apologies for the bad hotel lighting).

[ATTACH]9083[/ATTACH]
          Those colors look so pretty together. I was so happy to pick up a medium DOP in azalea. Nothing in French blue for me. Yet. :)

Comment

Those colors look so pretty together. I was so happy to pick up a medium DOP in azalea. Nothing in French blue for me. Yet. :)

I think I love them even more than plum ( but shhhh, don't tell the plum lovers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
              I think I love them even more than plum ( but shhhh, don't tell the plum lovers :-)
              I don't have anything in plum either. Yet.

Comment

I don't have anything in plum either. Yet.
                The DL line looks really, really nice in Plum. As does the BB. (Scratch that, the Plum BB is DA BOMB. See @ncb4's beautiful photos here!) I think it's really hard to go wrong with Plum as long as you don't hate purple and/or brighter colours...
                Last edited by adalangdon; 11-12-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I love my plum bags but I would very much like to get something in Azalea someday. That is quite a beautifully pair you have there, brendabethman.
                  “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Thanks, @ilkyway I was happily surprised at how well they went together :-)

Comment

I bet the azalea will look amazing with the grey s25.

Comment

Here are some photos of my Tom Bihn gear in action!
                        Tom Bihn in Action

Wonder if I'm the first to take a Tom Bihn bag to Varanasi, India!
                        Last edited by saikyo; 11-14-2014, 06:21 AM.
                        Pilot: Black Ballistic Nylon / Iberian
                        Aeronaut: Steel/Ultraviolet
                        Stuff: Snake Charmer / Packing Cube Backpack

Comment

Originally posted by saikyo View Post
                          Here are some photos of my Tom Bihn gear in action!
                          Tom Bihn in Action

Wonder if I'm the first to take a Tom Bihn bag to Varanasi, India!
                          Haha. Love the "being carried (upside down)" photos!

Comment

Fairy Falls

I've been following the recommended procedures to ease the Guide's Pack adoption into our family. For our first introduction, I took it hiking in its home state of Washington where it would be most comfortable. Now it was time to take it out to see a bit of my home state of Oregon, so I took a day off from work and we went into the Columbia River Gorge. We were having such a good time taking pictures that we didn't go as far up the trail as originally planned, so we decided to stop at Fairy Falls and then head back to the car. The Gorge has a variety of majestic waterfalls but this little one is one of my favorites, and the Guide's Pack agreed, so we took a moment to take it all in.

My little backpack is feeling quite at home in our family now, especially after I assured it that I would be ordering a Lead's Pocket to balance out its other side, it didn't say anything but I could tell it was self-conscious about it. An Aeronaut will get ordered too, to keep it company on trips, but I'm holding that back as a surprise.

Comment

DLBP at Run to Feed the Hungry

Wow, it's been MONTHS since I've visited the Forum. Have missed everyone, but real life (aka work) got in the way. Can definitely report that all my TB bags have gotten quite a workout the past few months and have performed marvelously (no surprises there!). And my bank account had a chance to recover. Just in time for the holidays :)

Speaking of holidays... My aunt and I began our Thanksgiving morning this year with the 5K Run to Feed the Hungry. It's a really fun family event for a great cause...and helps make the feasting to follow a little less guilt-inducing. Here I am awaiting the start with my French Blue DLBP holding a jacket, water bottle, snacks and wallet. The people next to me only had boring turkey hats...

Name:	P1020816.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	293785

With an estimated 30,000 participants, the starting pace was a bit slow... the better to showcase the lovely French Blue DLBP. It was so comfortable that I barely noticed the DLBP on my back. Although, next time, I'll do something about the dangling straps...

Name:	P1020884.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	293786

But we did pick up the pace gradually... There were more walkers than runners and everyone seemed to have a great time. No snow in Northern California, but it was a lovely, sunny but crisp fall morning...

Name:	P1020892.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	293787

My favorite shot, taken backwards while moving, so it's blurry but captures perfectly the spirit of the participants and of the event...

Name:	P1020906.jpg
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	293788

And finally, here we are, my aunt and I, at the finish line! We both had health scares the last few years, so to participate in and complete this event together on Thanksgiving was especially meaningful for us.

Name:	P1020956.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	293789

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday with your loved ones!
                              "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
                              -- David Whyte

Comment

Yay! Glad you're well, @taminca. We have been wondering where you were :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X