Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,745   Posts: 190,324   Members: 6,605   Active Members: 251
Welcome to our newest member, torova5066.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son and I had a working lunch this afternoon (what better way to work through some python code?), and then brought my dad his iPad. The Pilot housed my 13” MacBook Pro, my son’s 12” MacBook, and my dad’s iPad Air 2, each in their own Cache.

-m

Comment

Ooooh, Maverick, your lunch looks great! Now I’m hungry. Your son looks all grown up these days!

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Our Tom Bihn bags are like our dogs in that we absolutely adore them, and they don’t need a bath very often.

But when your Tom Bihn bag does need a bath, some mild dish soap and cool water helps to do the job nicely!

Last edited by maverick; 10-22-2020, 10:12 AM.
        -m

Comment

Simple photos of simple pleasures...fresh apples and vegetables from local growers, a bag that balances form and funky, utility and joy, and a walk in the cool autumn beauty of Nova Scotia...all on a Saturday morning with the rest of the day open before me...

Comment

Hiking today in the George Washington National Forest with the Synapse 25 Guide’s Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by maverick; 10-24-2020, 03:15 PM.
            -m

Comment

Added pulls to my ghost whale line-up.

"Not all who wander are lost"
              "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
              Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
                Hiking today in the Georgia Washington National Forest with the Synapse 25 Guide’s Edition

What a beautiful place!
                Go Navy

Comment

Solaris stuff sack as a makeshift lantern.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by theswiftbiker View Post

YES THIS.
                    I actually was thinking about this exact usage! Thanks for posting!
                    The next time I have a chance to grab a size one stuff sack in Solar, I think I will.

Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Comment

That looks like a wonderful meal! (Is that pho?) Your son is a giant now!! :D (and what? your son doesn't have his own TB bag for toting his computer?) :D (just teasing you, maverick!)

My son and I had a working lunch this afternoon (what better way to work through some python code?), and then brought my dad his iPad. The Pilot housed my 13” MacBook Pro, my son’s 12” MacBook, and my dad’s iPad Air 2, each in their own Cache.

Comment

I started doing this (to my HLT2 as well). For internal zip pulls and GW pulls, I like using the threads or ribbons repurposed from clothing hang tags , as the scale (~gauge :)) tend to be a little smaller than the paracord I have on hand.

Originally posted by melminimalist View Post
                        Added pulls to my ghost whale line-up.

Comment

Indeed, it was vegan pho, and it was amazing!

He is now taller than me, but I'm going to catch up to him!

I would be thrilled to see him carry a TOM BIHN bag, but the things that dado is in to are entirely too cool! :)

Originally posted by haraya View Post
                          That looks like a wonderful meal! (Is that pho?) Your son is a giant now!! :D (and what? your son doesn't have his own TB bag for toting his computer?) :D (just teasing you, maverick!)
                          -m

Comment

Hi theswiftbiker and Chicagoan,

Don’t know whether you guys are interested, but there have been some related posts about using the Travel Tray this way, starting with Darcy’s Travel tray goes camping

She used a Guardian Light (now retired, but you can still find these, e.g Adventure Lights Guardian Hunting Series Dog Collar Light, Red or Adventure Lights Guardian Hunting Series Dog Collar Light, White from Amazon)
                            Originally posted by theswiftbiker View Post

Originally posted by Chicagoan View Post
                            YES THIS.
                            I actually was thinking about this exact usage! Thanks for posting!
                            The next time I have a chance to grab a size one stuff sack in Solar, I think I will.

I’ll also add that bchaplin also showed pictures of this with a Wasabi Travel Tray and other flashlights — this also worked with my QUark MiNi, which has a diffuse setting, but I couldn’t take a good low light picture with Zest or Solar. Apologies, but since this was posted in the Just for registered users forum, people who haven’t logged in won’t be able to view her photos,
                            Originally posted by bchaplin
                            The lighter colored travel trays also double as lanterns. I can't take credit for this idea -- someone posted a photo like this before, but I can't find it. One of them with my Guardian light and another with my more powerful Surefire flashlight.

Sometimes when you're traveling it's nice to have a softer light. Flashlights and hotel room overheads can be harsh.
                            Oh, and if you do get a size 1 Travel Stuff Sack, you can also use it as a divider for a Small Travel Tray. That’s another bchaplin post
                            Excerpting just the picture

HTH

moriond

Comment

I love Pho 75 in Arlington... need to get some soon, it's been too long! (There is also a pho place closer to where I live, but Pho 75 is my favorite!!)

I would be thrilled to see him carry a TOM BIHN bag, but the things that dado is in to are entirely too cool! :)
                              Hahaha! Of course! I should've realized that right away, since we have a teen and a tween, both of whom are much more hip and knowledgeable about the world than their parents. ;) (I've managed to convert them to TB gear for travel, however!)

Comment

Happy Halloween!

Comment

Working...
                                X