Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,638   Posts: 189,072   Members: 6,629   Active Members: 277
LucieMoonl
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, LucieMoonl.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tycho View Post
    Is that a Friend of Tom pouch? I had to Google that because I had never heard of it. Seems like it was from around 2010?
    Yes it is... from 2010, 2011? Somewhere in there... One of my favorites...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
      Off to the PO to send holiday baked goods to the kids & grandkids...VA, SC, CA, HI, and FPO. I tried to use a Monster Truck, but the medium flat rate box does not fit in the two side pockets. The Original Large Shop Bags to the rescue!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25280[/ATTACH]
      I used my monster truck yesterday to mail 7 Christmas packages at the post office. Worked like a champ.

Comment

Sorry, here’s the photo...
        (And yes, I had to repurpose a Tom Bihn box!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	13BB55D0-2F62-4A6E-A065-6059739E7DE8.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	655.3 KB
ID:	307838
        bartleby
        Volunteer Moderator
        Last edited by bartleby; 12-12-2020, 08:21 AM. Reason: photo didn't show

Comment

Got my parcel today and I fell in love with the DLPCSB... Love the original style attachments, it’s just so much easier to access the bag and it hangs fine wearing it. And I love the new zippers and zipper pulls. The stealth black is awesome, but I love the Coyote Halcyon too (I took a chance on that, hadn’t seen it before).

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE2B1E70-E3CC-4B14-98DA-16E3127555CF.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	307850

Comment

Didn’t my truck look festive when it hauled SIX bottles of holiday spirits home?!? I could have fit a few more but wouldn’t have been able to pick up the bag!
            (full disclosure: 4 of the bottles are gifts. The bubbly is for us! [emoji898])

Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Another use for the shepherd’s wool utility cloth

NWhikergal
              Forum Member
              Last edited by NWhikergal; 12-22-2020, 08:40 AM.
              "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
              "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
                Another use for the shepherd’s wool utility cloth
                My day needed a kitty cuddled under wool tartan - thank you for that!!!! :)
                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

NWhikergal
                  Forum Member
                  NWhikergal, your kitty looks so content on her (?) window perch!

Comment

Sstj315
                    Forum Member
                    Sstj315, yes, they are sisters and they love looking outside, but also being near enough to supervise me as I work. It's been a bit cold here, so even with the heat on it can get slightly nippy by the windows. Enter the shepherd's cloth.
                    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Its so pretty [emoji7]

"Not all who wander are lost"
                      "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                      Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
                        Sstj315
                        Forum Member
                        Sstj315, yes, they are sisters and they love looking outside, but also being near enough to supervise me as I work. It's been a bit cold here, so even with the heat on it can get slightly nippy by the windows. Enter the shepherd's cloth.
                        NWhikergal
                        Forum Member
                        NWhikergal, you are lucky to have such adorable supervisors!

Comment

So this morning I heard a mysterious rustling noise in the other room and went to investigate. My steel dyneema/halcyon large shop bag appeared to have been relocated and may have been slightly moving. Rather than foolishly put my hand in the bag, I decided to make an offering.

I have to admit, she has good taste!

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Has anyone else who ordered a bag that was shipped through USPS noticed their box was tampered with?

The single piece of brown packing tape that the Tom BIHN shipping crew uses to seal the box was noticeably cut open, and resealed with clear packing tape.

To make matters worse, the postal service beat the absolute hell out of the box - I’ve never received a package this mishandled before. Seams were split open. One side was punctured through. The clear packing tape they loosely and apathetically applied to repair the damage done to my box barely kept it held together.

USPS arrives more quickly than UPS does, and although it saves around two days of transit, I don’t know if it’s worth the abuse seen here.

Thankfully, the only damage to my Shadow Guide 23 was a crumpled hang tag.

Thrilled to have been lucky enough to find this bag restocked when it got placed back into inventory because someone returned it, but DAMN it gave me a small heart attack today when I found the package in my mail room looking the way it did.

Chicagoan
                            Forum Member
                            Last edited by Chicagoan; 12-26-2020, 09:37 PM.
                            Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Comment

Chicagoan
                              Forum Member
                              Chicagoan, I have never had that happen, and I cannot believe how mangled your box is. It also appears that the box was torn apart and re-taped together inside out. I am amazed and thankful for you that no damage occurred to your bag.

Comment

Chicagoan
                                Forum Member
                                Chicagoan

Its possible it was caught in the machinery at USPS and this is how they reworked it... It may also have been delivered to the wrong address who ripped it open, realized their mistake and gave it back to USPS who retagged it - that shipping label looks different than usual.
                                Either way, happy you have your bag intact.
                                I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
                                X