Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,711   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, Rangerjo.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mini Snake Charmer (aka Cubelet) in action during last weekend's trip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4538.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	6.32 MB
ID:	339313 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4537.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	4.90 MB
ID:	339314 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4535.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	5.00 MB
ID:	339315

Comment

All my stuff is out of storage, so time to switch up some of the bags I've been using.
      The Moveable Feast in Navy joined the Taiga/Taiga Paragon that's been a great flexible workhorse the last several months.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220428_000808496.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	339654
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

During the pre-order, I ordered knitting tool pouches, a full set in Constellation. Not sure if I'll use them all, but figured I'd get them now since they won't be stocked normally.

I also ordered an extra Size 4 in Cloud to use for jewelry when traveling.
        The amazing & gracious moriond had previously given me one of the single Pouchkins, which I use for small stud/hoop earrings, so I figured the square Size 4 KTP would be good for bracelets or necklaces.
        I loaded a bunch of bracelets in to see how it looks, I think it'll work just fine.
        For the larger bead earrings that I make, I use small rigid cases that snap closed, from Kikkerland.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220429_191020927.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	339672
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Last time I gave this evening course, everything fit into my trusty DLBC and a Grab Bag. This time I had to use the Paradigm instead of the Grab Bag. But I'm not sure why it was so much more stuff to carry :eek:

Name:	IMG_4615.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	4.38 MB
ID:	339802

Comment

Tom Bihnception - a Sprout in a Tom Bihn box in a Large Shop Bag, ready to be dropped off for shipping to Niece 4.0 (hope she likes it).

Name:	IMG_4650.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	339835

Comment

A new friend for my favorite TB bag (my Taiga Paragon) just arrived a few minutes ago.

I love the Nightwalk so much, and am excited to give this bag a try.

Comment

Continuing the theme of power bricks in Tom Bihn pouches, here's a Cubelet, a Mini Ghost Whale, and a Super Mini Ghost Whale:

Name:	all-pouches.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	5.10 MB
ID:	340155

The Cubelet can hold the power supply for my work laptop, including the huge German "Schuko" wall plug.

Name:	cubelet1.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	340156 Click image for larger version

Name:	cubelet2.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	5.02 MB
ID:	340157

This older Apple power supply fits into a Mini GW, if you thread the cable through the prongs.

Name:	gwmini1.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	4.37 MB
ID:	340158 Click image for larger version

Name:	gwmini2.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	4.95 MB
ID:	340160

And finally, this old 5V power supply isn't really up to par with the power hungry devices we all use these days, but since it fits into a Super Mini GW, it's great for emergencies.

Name:	gwsupermini1.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	340161 Click image for larger version

Name:	gwsupermini2.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	340162
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi friends,

I just recently discovered TB and got my first order in yesterday. I’m so impressed with the quality and materials that I wanted to share some photos and initial thoughts. I’ve included a few common items in each photo so there’s some context for size.

In today’s post we have:

Grab Bag - in Blue Parapack
                  Packing Cube Shoulder Bag - in Coyote
                  Cubelet - in Tidal Halcyon
                  Super Mini Ghost Whale Pouch - in Mars Red ballistic

First up, the Super Mini Ghost Whale Pouch. Not exactly sure what I'll do with it, but for now I've got it stuffed with 12 cards.

SuperMini-Ghost-Whale-Mars-Red
                  SuperMiniGhostWhale-mars-red-ballistic
                  Super-Mini-Ghost-Whale-12-cards

Next is the Cubelet. I am so glad I chose the Tidal halcyon - it is the most beautiful fabric I've ever seen. Now that I've experienced it first hand I wish I could get every Tom Bihn product in Tidal.

Cubelet-Tidal-halcyon
                  Cubelet

The Grab Bag in Blue Parapack is pretty nice too. Photographs don't really do it justice - to the naked eye it's a very charming color.

grab-bag-in-blue-parapack

Lastly, we have the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Coyote 210 ballistic. This one is also difficult to photograph, but in the right light it's a fantastic color too.

PCSB=coyote-210-ballistic

And for comparison, here they are all together:

Organization-bags-together

Comment

Welcome to the Forums MeaningwaveExists

What a nice first set of items, fabrics, and colours to pick! Good photos with comparison items too!
                    Last edited by G42; 05-29-2022, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Paragon in Taiga color. Best much for area where I live (a lot of sun and sand) :)

BTW my new favorite color right after black!

Comment

TB in the wild sighting yesterday at IKEA. A group of knitters were gathered around a table in the restaurant area, and one of them had a Truck.

This is my 3rd wild bag spotting, all 3 have been in Renton. The first was actually from someone with a Synik 30 waiting in my office lobby for an interview. The 2nd from a man with a Mars Red Synapse waiting at a bus stop. I love seeing TB bags out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by Salmanila8 View Post
                          TB in the wild sighting yesterday at IKEA. A group of knitters were gathered around a table in the restaurant area, and one of them had a Truck.

This is my 3rd wild bag spotting, all 3 have been in Renton. The first was actually from someone with a Synik 30 waiting in my office lobby for an interview. The 2nd from a man with a Mars Red Synapse waiting at a bus stop. I love seeing TB bags out and about.
                          I wonder whether your wild bag sightings are more frequent because you are located close to the mother store?

Comment

I see a fair number around the north end of Seattle, so maybe you’re in to something.

Incidentally one of my teammates, whom I’ve only just started seeing regularly since June 2020, has a cardinal/steel interior (? I think) Smart Alec.

Comment

Originally posted by user292372 View Post
                              I see a fair number around the north end of Seattle, so maybe you’re in to something.

Incidentally one of my teammates, whom I’ve only just started seeing regularly since June 2020, has a cardinal/steel interior (? I think) Smart Alec.
                              I think the oldest forum thread related to the subject of wild bag sightings is Tom Bihn Bag Sightings! from a decade ago. And I recall, though it isn’t in that thread, that readmore who was originally located near the mother store, saw surprisingly few TB bag sightings until she moved to LA. I also never ran into one of the earliest forum mods, Just although we were both around Honolulu based on the pictures that she posted of her Imago when that bag first debuted.

I do have a wild bag sighting story that I was too busy to share from about 3+ years ago(so about a year and a half pre-CoVid). I had stopped in to get a salad for lunch, and was only carrying my Side Kick (black halcyon, so inconspicuous as a TB product since label is on a thin strip along the side of the bag below where the snap hooks for the shoulder strap attach — the original design). I saw a lady carrying a Navy Blue Cordura Synapse 19 seated at another table, so at one point I told her that I recognized the backpack she was carrying and asked her how she liked it. I got this long dialogue about how fantastic these products were. Her daughter had found this company on the web, and had bought the backpack, but now she was upgrading to their larger size backpack, so she’d given this one to her mom. (And BTW they were from Alaska, so she was just visiting for a few days.) At this point she opened up the backpack and proceeded to go through its organization to tell me how fantastic it was, and how much she like the color combination with the Iberian Halcyon lining (and no, she didn’t know the name of the color). She also pulled out a Travel Tray to demo how handy it was for carrying miscellaneous items. I was having a blast because it was as though this spigot of enthusiasm turned on and suddenly led to these heartfelt attempts to convince a complete stranger that this was a wonderful bag in its organization and that the accessories were similarly wonderful. She didn’t know there were forums (her daughter had found the products) and I didn’t identify myself as a forum moderator. I merely said, yes, I liked their products a lot, and I had a larger Synapse (and other items like shop bags) in my car. I also complimented her on her Navy/Iberian color combinations since this was just when they were discontinuing offering Iberian as an interior color with Navy, since they were anticipating retiring it.

i really was struck by the experience of having a stranger start gushing about the design of these products her daughter had passed on to her, especially since there’s not a particularly large cross section of people that I run into with these products (except for friends I infected — er converted early on — meaning around 2005).

Anyway, that’s my wild bag sighting story of running into a tourist from Alaska who gave me a long demo of her TB products.

moriond

ETA: The current Wild Bag sighting! [text descriptions or permission photos only] dates from a 12-05-2014 post started by Pokilani is in the Just for Registered Users forum, so it is not readable without a forum login. It was moved there, and changed so that photo attachments are not allowed unless the poster has explicit permission from the person in the photo, because of privacy reasons. The post by readmore that I referenced is Empire Builder dated 08-31-2015, in case the link to it doesn’t work correctly. It quotes my surprise that she was posting about TB bag sightings in UCLA — when did she shift from the Seattle area? — and how come she saw so few TB sightings in all the years she lived near the mother store? (The company and the forum crowd was much smaller then)
                              Last edited by moriond; 06-13-2022, 01:37 PM. Reason: Added link to current TB wild bag sighting thread

Comment

Quoting my addendum with link to the current wild bag sighting thread in just for registered users forum
                                Originally posted by moriond View Post

ETA: The current Wild Bag sighting! [text descriptions or permission photos only] dates from a 12-05-2014 post started by Pokilani is in the Just for Registered Users forum, so it is not readable without a forum login. It was moved there, and changed so that photo attachments are not allowed unless the poster has explicit permission from the person in the photo, because of privacy reasons. The post by readmore that I referenced is no. 109 dated 08-31-2015, in case the link to it doesn’t work correctly. It quotes my surprise that she was posting about TB bag sightings in UCLA — when did she shift from the Seattle area? — and how come she saw so few TB sightings in all the years she lived near the mother store? (The company and the forum crowd was much smaller then)
                                Last edited by moriond; 06-13-2022, 03:40 PM. Reason: Edited because including the pound sign for no. weird link behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X