Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,894   Posts: 192,289   Members: 6,770   Active Members: 313
Welcome to our newest member, Bayareaguy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail day goodies including a beautiful fjord PCSB and 3DOC, and the TOTALLY amazing S19 in original halcyon which I really didn't think I needed but wanted so bad. Having owned it for less than a day I realise how wrong I was: I desperately needed a bag this size.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
      I wonder whether your wild bag sightings are more frequent because you are located close to the mother store?
      Even though I live on a little island 12970km (8059 miles) away from Seattle, I've had a number of wild bag sightings since 2017, including:
      Burnt Orange Synpase 25
      Black Halcyon Synapse 19
      Original Halcyon Smart Alec
      Nebulous Grey Guide's Edition Synik 22
      Black Synapse 25
      Nebulous Grey/Island Halcyon Synik 22
      Grey Synapse 19
      Green Grab Bag carried as a shoulder bag
      A family of TB bags: Adult had a Deep Blue (or Navy Parapack) Synik 22 while the kids had a Black Ballistic Zeitgeist and a Red Blend (or Mars Red) Paradigm

That's 9 (!) separate wild bag sightings if anyone's counting
      Night Walk Synik 22, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, everything Acuity and Fjord

Comment

Does anyone else -- particularly those with a Smart Alec that has the new Sangria interior -- feel that there's a bit of a creepy "Feed me, Seymour" vibe here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	feedMe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	340590
        ----
        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
        Edmund Burke

Comment

bchaplin I know you're very particular about colors and tones, so I hope you're able to vibe with your Sangria lined SA. Red is a color that is very blurry to my naked eye, so I stay far, far away from it.
          Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
            Does anyone else -- particularly those with a Smart Alec that has the new Sangria interior -- feel that there's a bit of a creepy "Feed me, Seymour" vibe here?

Click image for larger version Name:	feedMe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	340590
            I have this one, too. I love Ursa, hoping I can get used to the Sangria lining.

Comment

Originally posted by John1970 View Post

I have this one, too. I love Ursa, hoping I can get used to the Sangria lining.
              Oh, I think I like the Sangria, though my first choice would have been Moab. I thought it was funny that the Smart Alec looked as if it had a mouth.

I am looking forward to traveling with it in July.
              ----
              All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
              Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	feedMe.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	340590
                If you feed it contrasting color Tom Bihn accessories, it will probably look a little less like the mouth of a carnivorous singing plant. Probably.
                I own a LOT of Tom Bihn bags, but here are the ones I use most often:
                Everyday Carry: CP or SK
                Overnight Travel: SN22 and SZTSB
                Car Travel: Medium YD and MT
                Plane Travel: CP and WF

Comment

I'm sure you are thrilled to learn that a Small Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch can hold 6 LSH 14 batteries (and a Mini can hold 4).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5094D.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	340763
                  Attached Files

Comment

TFW when you come back from the market, your Pick-up Truck loaded with produce - and you realise you forgot to buy eggs. So you grab the nearest available Grab Bag and head out again ...

Name:	IMG_5125.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	340961

Comment

The Paradigm and my large shepherd’s wool cloth came on a rare daytime movie date with my Husband and me (We saw Mrs Harris Goes to Paris)!

Comment

Visited my friend for a long weekend with my small Yeoman duffel and one of her cats decided it made a good place to settle down for a nap.

Name:	IMG_20220718_235820335_1.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	971.6 KB
ID:	341014

Comment

Wow, it's been just over a year since I received the S30 GE, and it has been serving as my office-on-the-go, everyday, walking and travel bag. I guess I can offer no greater compliment than to say I have not been looking for another bag (much) - it's just perfect for my use case and so well built - no loose thread or worn fabric!

Name:	IMG_5826.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	341245

Name:	IMG_5887.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	341244
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by PeaceBell; 07-23-2022, 10:53 PM. Reason: Image formatting

Comment

The Night Walk/Northwest Sky Paradigm and its human in their natural habitat. Yes, the Paradigm needs a coffee too because it’s a Monday morning.

Name:	23375DA1-B688-45CB-89EE-AC25107FBDCC.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	341254
                            Night Walk Synik 22, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, everything Acuity and Fjord

Comment

Here is a new photo of the latest Kindle Paperwhite fitting in the Small Café Bag. I've posted other new photos of the bag in my one-year review here:

https://jasonjournals.com/2022/07/30...e-year-review/

Name:	Kindle in Small Cafe Bag.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	341349
                              The only thing worse than chips without salsa is salsa without chips!

Comment

Challenge: Pack all of this into as few bags as possible.

Name:	IMG_5180.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	341353

Challenge accepted.

Name:	IMG_5186.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	341354 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5189.jpg