Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,768   Posts: 190,599   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, larson58.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@gulfcoastgal I didn't get a chance to post this earlier, but I totaly love the pattern of the scarf in your picture (post #306) and the way it matches the Turquoise Little Swift on your shoulder! Great color combinations with the black.

moriond

Comment

How cute are thous personalized handles!
      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
        Well, to be honest, I think it's my husband who sees it as a problem :-) But he did appreciate having a place to put his dirty socks. TLSS to the rescue!
        @Ilkyway, @Pokilani, @Orangeboys, I think that when @brendabethman talks about a "problem" that she means something like @Moose's reference to Clearing out and a possible problem in that earlier thread. Personally, I liked the responses from @icebeng and @taminca to the posted pictures:

Originally posted by icebeng View Post
        Problem? What problem??
        Oh......... I got it!
        NOT ENOUGH TB BAGS!!!!! YOU NEED MORE!!!!!!
        :P
        and

Originally posted by taminca View Post
        Yes, Moose, you do have a problem -- you need larger beds and closets!
        Just my opinion. YMMV

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
          How cute are thous personalized handles!
          Yeah! Totally cool! I was wondering how the 2 of you tell the Aeronauts apart before I saw those handles!
          Are they comfortable? Do they come in smaller sizes?
          It would be great for the people who wanted more padding on their DLBC's handles.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
            @Ilkyway, @Pokilani, @Orangeboys, I think that when @brendabethman talks about a "problem" that she means something like @Moose's reference to Clearing out and a possible problem in that earlier thread. Personally, I liked the responses from @icebeng and @taminca to the posted pictures:

and

Just my opinion. YMMV

moriond
            Yes, this is EXACTLY it. In fact, @gulfcoastgirl's photos are making me think I need an A30 in black dyneema. But where would I store it? ;-)

Comment

Yes, this is EXACTLY it. In fact, @gulfcoastgirl's photos are making me think I need an A30 in black dyneema. But where would I store it? ;-)
              @brendabethman @taminca had some great answers to where you could store everything in the pictures in her Proof of My TB Obsession thread.

moriond

Comment

Two choices
                Stored full ready to go
                Or flat flat as only dyneema can..
                ours are in the linen closet
                Empty the dyneema just disappears and take up very little space
                Kinda magical
                Last edited by gulfcoastgal; 11-30-2014, 09:25 PM.
                Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. +Indigo /sapphire /green
                ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
                my TB fleet:
                Swift: Turquoise / Halcyon-UV/ Indigo
                SSB: Black /Solar/monarch viridian
                SCB azalea/azure/canary/purple
                LCB in azure/Azalea /dk brown
                Imago green /cork
                Plus too many others to list

Comment

@gulfcoastgal I didn't get a chance to post this earlier, but I totaly love the pattern of the scarf in your picture (post #306) and the way it matches the Turquoise Little Swift on your shoulder! Great color combinations with the black.

moriond
                  TB accessories : scarves Talbots The blue print one was still online not long ago
                  Etsy makes luggage handles but maybe one day TB ..?
                  If TB had scraps leftover - accessories are a good way to use the scraps and to fulfill our need to accessorize Everything -
                  Its just a flat rectangle w Velcro
                  a key strap in the new style could let us add TB pouches to the outside
                  I am practicing wearing more black for an upcoming trip
                  But I was told to tone it down w the shoes and stick to dark accessories in Europe
                  I can use my black dyneema LS or Swift - as either is easy to clean
                  Last edited by gulfcoastgal; 11-30-2014, 09:37 AM.
                  Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
                  my TB fleet:
                  Imago green /cork

Comment

We Europeans can handle colors! I think the black/turquoise ensemble looks very stunning!

When is your trip? We tend to go black and brown in winter, that is true but I much rather do it the Tom Bihn way: ad color to the dark seasons!

Ilkyway
                    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

@Badger showed a picture of her A30 (in ballistic) in her A45. Don't you have one of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@gulfcoastgal I like Talbots, especially since they have always had a good line of petite clothing, and I last bought items from them when I was in one of their stores a little over a year ago (a dress and some sweaters during their summer sale). But it's difficult shopping from them when they have no stores in Hawaii and you can't try on items, regardless of how good their catalogs are. For a long time I used to be able to mail order pants, because they carried a product line that fit really well, before they discontinued it. But at the start of that time I could always walk into one of their stores to return or try something on.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                          @Badger showed a picture of her A30 (in ballistic) in her A45. Don't you have one of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Yes, a perfect solution. I have a consulting gig coming up in January. May get myself one with those proceeds :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                            We Europeans can handle colors! I think the black/turquoise ensemble looks very stunning!

When is your trip? We tend to go black and brown in winter, that is true but I much rather do it the Tom Bihn way: ad color to the dark seasons!

Ilkyway
                            I think the person who told me w thinking that I would stick out like a sore thumb as a target even in New york
                            Hey here comes the tourist !!
                            We were going to go in march but my daughter is expecting in march so we are now trying to decide may vs oct
                            My eldest told me to leave my bold colored shoes at home and add color w scarves
                            Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
                            my TB fleet:
                            Imago green /cork

Comment

You store all TB INSIDE the A30.
                              The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

@gulfcoastgal I like Talbots, especially since they have always had a good line of petite clothing, and I last bought items from them when I was in one of their stores a little over a year ago (a dress and some sweaters during their summer sale). But it's difficult shopping from them when they have no stores in Hawaii and you can't try on items, regardless of how good their catalogs are. For a long time I used to be able to mail order pants, because they carried a product line that fit really well, before they discontinued it. But at the start of that time I could always walk into one of their stores to return or try something on.

moriond
                                I have two very petite friends who introduced me to Talbots plus my eldest is 5' if she really stands up straight
                                She has a hard time finding pants that fit her. She likes jcrew
                                Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
                                my TB fleet:
                                Imago green /cork

Comment

Working...