Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,767   Posts: 190,595   Members: 6,651   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, learn2route.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
    Sitting in my hotel room and I suddenly thought to myself, "dang, that's a lot of Tom Bihn stuff" :-)

(Not pictured: SSB, 3DOC, and assorted small things in the bathroom). I might have a problem.....

What a happy room!
    Bet your bags have a party when you leave them alone

Problem ?? Hmmm - well -perhaps room for one more color??
    No other issues that we can tell
    Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. +Indigo /sapphire /green
    ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
    my TB fleet:
    Swift: Turquoise / Halcyon-UV/ Indigo
    SSB: Black /Solar/monarch viridian
    SCB azalea/azure/canary/purple
    LCB in azure/Azalea /dk brown
    Imago green /cork
    Plus too many others to list

Comment

Originally posted by icebeng View Post
      Yeah! Totally cool! I was wondering how the 2 of you tell the Aeronauts apart before I saw those handles!
      Are they comfortable? Do they come in smaller sizes?
      It would be great for the people who wanted more padding on their DLBC's handles.
      They are very comfy
      Etsy has many stores which make these and some embroider monograms etc
      Re sizes. I don't know. If you measure the handle and communicate w the shop owner - many times these are made to order
      Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
      my TB fleet:
      Imago green /cork

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
        There should be a parallel forum for the spouses of Bihnions.
        Many years ago, there was a Compuserve fiber forum with a thread devoted exclusively to comments from spouses/partners. Hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
          @Ilkyway, @Pokilani, @Orangeboys, I think that when @brendabethman talks about a "problem" that she means something like @Moose's reference to Clearing out and a possible problem in that earlier thread.
          I gather my sarcasm was too subtle... LOVE the photo in the @Moose thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeboys View Post
            I gather my sarcasm was too subtle... LOVE the photo in the @Moose thread.
            @Orangeboys, I don't think you (or the other posters) were being too subtle about your reactions (i.e. no "problem") -- I just wanted an opportunity to post back a reference to @Moose's thread about a similar "problem" so you could enjoy her photos -- and the names of all the early respondents got included, whether or the sarcasm was meant to be subtle or overt.

moriond

Comment

Love dyneema and love the swift in its many faces
              Attached Files
              Last edited by gulfcoastgal; 11-30-2014, 11:32 AM.
              Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
              my TB fleet:
              Imago green /cork

Comment

@Orangeboys, I don't think you (or the other posters) were being too subtle about your reactions (i.e. no "problem") -- I just wanted an opportunity to post back a reference to @Moose's thread about a similar "problem" so you could enjoy her photos -- and the names of all the early respondents got included, whether or the sarcasm was meant to be subtle or overt.

moriond
                I have been meaning to tell how inspiring your PosT was of All the fabric styles / colors in one pouch
                To see them all at once was really exciting
                I know many of us smiled even afterward thinking of that shot
                Gulfcoastgal. .....

ISO. Swift Red (❤️)
                my TB fleet:
                Imago green /cork

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                  Sitting in my hotel room and I suddenly thought to myself, "dang, that's a lot of Tom Bihn stuff" :-)

(Not pictured: SSB, 3DOC, and assorted small things in the bathroom). I might have a problem.....

TB bags are the only way to transform dreary hotel rooms into works of art.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfcoastgal View Post
                    I think the person who told me w thinking that I would stick out like a sore thumb as a target even in New york
                    Hey here comes the tourist !!
                    We were going to go in march but my daughter is expecting in march so we are now trying to decide may vs oct
                    My eldest told me to leave my bold colored shoes at home and add color w scarves
                    Colorful accessories is what makes fashion. If everyone was wearing all black, all the time, ready to wear designers would go bankrupt.

I used to stick with black shoes, they go with everything and they slim out the foot lines but... last year I found very comfortable silver (the shade is more like TB matter silver zipper pull than glittery evening jewellery tone) shoes and have been wearing them, all the time, since then.

They are very soft leather, I don't like to buy anything in leather but I needed a waterproof shoe to replace the canvas ones I wear in good weather.

I visited France with them and there was no problem, your silhouette (petite and stylish) is very European, you will blend perfectly.

Your shoe wardrobe need to be dictated by the weather which is determined by the countries you are visiting and the season.

I put countries first, because, in southern Europe the seasons are much milder than in the north. (Some would say, duuuh)

There is also the influence of the Jet Stream which makes coastal Europe much milder than continental Europe.

So you would pack a different wardrobe if you were to visit Lisbon, Madrid and Rome or Barcelona, Nice and Milan versus London, Paris, Berlin or Bruxelles, Amsterdam, Oslo.

There are many Europeans in this forum and they will tell you what the weather is usually like for each season in their region.

A couple of weeks before leaving, when you start practice packing, ask for the weather trend in the regions you plan to visit to members of this forum and check the National Weather Service, BBC world weather...

Sometimes there are heat waves in october and cold spells in may so you want to be prepared.

Comment

moriond
                      And enjoy the photos I did!! I'm not brave enough to photograph all my bags together, because then someone might figure out what a serious problem I DO have. :-) [email protected]!

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeboys View Post
                        And enjoy the photos I did!! I'm not brave enough to photograph all my bags together, because then someone might figure out what a serious problem I DO have. :-) [email protected]!
                        I took a picture a few (or 5) orders ago. No more family pictures for me either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks GREAT!

Comment

Who is the little cutie eating in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                              Who is the little cutie eating in the background?

Oh gosh, I hadn't noticed. Thanks for pointing that out. Is that a shih-tzu? (Looks like my cousin's!)

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                                Is that a shih-tzu? (Looks like my cousin's!)
                                I was thinking the same thing! My Gracie is a shih tzu.

Comment

Working...
                                X