Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,791   Members: 6,896   Active Members: 241
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KmK
    replied
    And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,/ dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kkintea
    replied
    Originally posted by bartleby View Post
    At least Deep Blue is a wonderful color for the L12 especially with the Coyote interior. So if you thinking about getting a L12, I wouldn‘t hesitate :)
    I bought it!!

Leave a comment:

• bartleby
    replied
    Originally posted by kkintea View Post
    So the deep blue luminary 12 just popped back in stock. Looks like 2 left. Do I go for it??

At least Deep Blue is a wonderful color for the L12 especially with the Coyote interior. So if you thinking about getting a L12, I wouldn‘t hesitate :)

Leave a comment:

• kkintea
    replied
    Your Photos Are Needed

Originally posted by melminimalist View Post
    Luminary 12 in Deep Blue?

So the deep blue luminary 12 just popped back in stock. Looks like 2 left. Do I go for it??

Leave a comment:

• melminimalist
    replied
    Oh I have 2 now (mini YDs and littles).
    Aubergine sprout has the matching aubergine mini YD and navy mini YD will have to use whatever backpack the Bihn fairy brings when it’s time for school.

Luminary 12 in Deep Blue?

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Aubergine sprout has the matching aubergine mini YD and navy mini YD will have to use whatever backpack the Bihn fairy brings when it’s time for school.

Ahh, I see. I have the original Sprout in Navy/Wasabi, which is a matching color in 1050d Ballistic, but it doesn’t have the larger size that allows for easy carry of standard notebook size letter paper.

Leave a comment:

• kkintea
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    So glad that you got this. I’ve been posting tallies over on Ravelry. And had just posted about 6 minutes ago that the last Mini YD (in Navy) had gone sometime in the last half hour. It is a great kid’s bag. It can also be paired with her Aubergine (revised, larger version) Sprout.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Can confirm the last mini YD (navy) will be headed my way. Thanks to Matt who checked before I ordered! It’s a great kids bag that my littlest will be using.

So glad that you got this. I’ve been posting tallies over on Ravelry. And had just posted about 6 minutes ago that the last Mini YD (in Navy) had gone sometime in the last half hour. It is a great kid’s bag. It can also be paired with her Aubergine (revised, larger version) Sprout.

moriond

Leave a comment:

• kkintea
    replied
    Can confirm the last mini YD (navy) will be headed my way. Thanks to Matt who checked before I ordered! It’s a great kids bag that my littlest will be using.

Leave a comment:

• bb93fo57
    replied
    Just pulled the trigger on a Mini YD this morning!

It had been in my Wishlist for a while, but have been on a buying moratorium since getting laid off.

Couldn't resist this small treat, though, given that the Yeomans are being discontinued.

Grateful that my first choice color of Navy was somehow still available (and grateful for TB for its excellent facemasks)!

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
    Yes, I'm SO glad I went for it! For me it's the perfect size for a weekend trip, everything fits but I can't bring extras I don't really need which keeps the bag light enough to carry it around for a long while, if necessary.
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 06-04-2020, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• b1gsky
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @b!gsky,

Bet you're even gladder now that you ordered your Steel Mini Yeoman Duffel, now that Darcy has just announced via her blog post that they're discontinuing the Yeoman Duffel line. (The only mini YD colors available are Navy and Verde (and I saw the stock on the Verde Mini YDs going down as I checked!). Since I also have a Steel Mini YD I applaud your good taste and timely buying action. These are wonderful and versatile bags, and I'm having a hard time knowing that they're going away.

moriond
    Yes, I'm SO glad I went for it! For me it's the perfect size for a weekend trip, everything fits but I can't bring extras I don't really need which keeps the bag light enough to carry it around for a long while, if necessary.

I still have the mini YD in Coyote as I didn't get around to selling it yet. Now I'm thinking I should maybe keep it.

Leave a comment:

• NWhikergal
    replied
    Your Photos Are Needed

This past weekend some of the parks reopened in Northern Virginia, and I was so happy to spend a little while in the sunshine in a park. My Pickup Truck has been my best buddy for any outings during the past couple of months. Very sad to see they are retiring, so I just picked up a buddy in burnt orange. Perhaps I finally splurged on a navy mini YD too!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Your Photos Are Needed

Originally posted by b1gsky View Post
    Another weekend trip with my lovely Steel mini YD. Packed for two nights and I actually have a pair of sneakers and a dress for my sister in there. It's definitely bigger than it looks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24759[/ATTACH]
    Hi @b!gsky,

Bet you're even gladder now that you ordered your Steel Mini Yeoman Duffel, now that Darcy has just announced via her blog post that they're discontinuing the Yeoman Duffel line. (The only mini YD colors available are Navy and Verde (and I saw the stock on the Verde Mini YDs going down as I checked!). Since I also have a Steel Mini YD I applaud your good taste and timely buying action. These are wonderful and versatile bags, and I'm having a hard time knowing that they're going away.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 06-04-2020, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bchaplin
    replied
    Now that my lifestyle has been upended completely, I started going (physically) back to work. While I've been a life-long commuter on public transportation, I had to start driving yesterday, because it seemed like the only safe option. I'm leaving super-early to beat the infamous Boston traffic (which is pretty bad, I learned today, even during a pandemic). My workplace has shut down the cafeteria, so I decided to bring my own food.

I don't have a lunch bag though. Turns out, the Icon did a pretty good job! I stuck my coffee on one side, a water bottle on the other, and in the middle, there is an ice pack with a sandwich or Tupperware of leftovers on top. Showing it partially packed:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	icon main pocket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	306599
    Would not have purchased the Icon as a lunch bag, but I'm using what I already have to make do in the current circumstances.

I took two masks, which I stashed in a Cubelet in the back pocket, folded so that the parts touching my face are on the inside. My reason for taking two: I wore one all day while working, and then had a fresh one in case I needed to run an errand on the way home. (I don't put the dirty one back in with the clean one, but I start off the day with them packed together.)

Name:	icon back pocket.jpg
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	306600

The Tom Bihn masks have been performing well for me! They're definitely not as comfortable as wearing no mask at all, but they mold to my face. Others I saw people wearing didn't seem to fit as well, or they kept slipping. I'm actually not sure if it's related to nose shape or how the mask is sewn, but once I put mine on, it stays put, even if I'm active.

Leave a comment:

• b1gsky
    replied
    Another weekend trip with my lovely Steel mini YD. Packed for two nights and I actually have a pair of sneakers and a dress for my sister in there. It's definitely bigger than it looks!

Name:	IMG_20200530_081814537_1.jpg
Size:	556.7 KB
ID:	306598

Leave a comment:

Working...
X