Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,892   Posts: 192,226   Members: 6,767   Active Members: 367
Welcome to our newest member, TowelSea92.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orangeboys View Post
    Super-cute!!!
    As you know, orange kitties are the best!!

Comment

On the road with some of my favorite gear! Day 1 of the Great Migration North. Not pictured are 6 other shop bags with holiday trimmings. I am epically organized, and loving it. Thanks TB!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418363491.099406.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	293990

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418363503.829038.jpg
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	293991

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

grays with the nordic look so great together. have a fun trip, kkintea!

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
          Just saw the blog post!! And yes, I squeeed a little when I saw my pic was in it! My husband now thinks I am certifiable :-)

Also, I LOVE @monkeylady 's pic in that post. (Well, everyone's really, but especially that one).
          WoooHooo! Just saw the blog post and squealed when I saw that my aunt and I are in it. I emailed her the link and thus am continuing my campaign to make a Bihnion out of her! :)

And I also LOVE @monkeylady's pic!
          "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
          -- David Whyte

Comment

Grey/Navy SCB

I want to thank @brendabethman, @kkintea, and @luvdabags for sharing their lovely Grey TB bags and accessories. They unknowingly enabled me to purchase a Grey/Navy SCB. I was hesitant of the purchase because I once had a MCB that did not work out because it was much too big for my needs and I disliked its vertical orientation. I was hoping since the SCB is smaller that I wouldn't mind it's not a horizontal bag, but, sadly, this isn't the case and I will be sending it back. I never thought I'd say I'd be interested in a knitting bag, but I now I'm curious about the new crossbody since it's about the size of a MCB, I think?

1. Grey is GORGEOUS and I must have more of it in my life. No, it does not hold a candle to my love of Burnt Orange, but it is definitely my second favorite TB color. If there is ever a run of Grey/Steel Synapes I will purchase without hesitation.
            2. This is the first time I have ever seen Parapack and I love it as well.
            3. Pardon my lousy photo taking abilities. :P

Name:	TB1-1.jpg
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	293996

Name:	TB2-1.jpg
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	293997

Name:	TB3-1.jpg
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	293998

Lastly, my soon to be 15 year old "niece" was aggrieved that I was taking pictures in her sun patch and didn't want to move despite a camera being in her face.

Name:	TB Dog-1.jpg
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	293995
            Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

So pretty! This will be my next bag. Not sure when, but sometime. Thanks for sharing! And sorry it didn't work out.

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                So pretty! This will be my next bag. Not sure when, but sometime. Thanks for sharing! And sorry it didn't work out.
                Grey/navy is a very pretty color combo! I love the color so much I was even tempted to keep the bag. I know you'll love it and it'll be a great complement to your other cafe bags.
                Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

EDC: Side Kick, Everday Cubelet, DL PCSB (planner pouch); Travel: Smart Alec + Side Kick, Small Yeoman Duffel

Comment

That grey is stunning - I might have just made up my mind on the color for a future SE....maybe....

Moving that sweet grey face from her 'sunspot' - well, it was for a good cause - she looks adorable - name, please....
                  never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
                  be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Comment

Navy/Solar SE

Today I received a new Navy/Solar SE (so cool) along with the forum gift so I thought I'd take some pictures.
                    I know I find pictures with colour comparisons very useful so I tried to frame the SE with some accessories (I went for a classic red/yellow/blue combination). Enjoy! :-)

Name:	Navy SE_001.jpg
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	294067
                    The SE with the new red zipper pulls (not included; the included ones are black).

Name:	Navy SE_010.jpg
Size:	338.2 KB
ID:	294068
                    A close-up of the cheerful Solar interior and a glimpse of some accessories (Cardinal Clear Organizer Wallet, Steel Q-Kit, Black Mini OP).

Name:	Navy SE_012.jpg
Size:	328.9 KB
ID:	294069
                    A close-up of the new red zipper pulls.

Name:	Navy SE_013.jpg
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	294070
                    Cardinal and Navy ballistic nylon next to each others.

Name:	Navy SE_015.jpg
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	294071

Iberian Dyneema, Solar Dyneema and Navy ballistic nylon next to each others.

Comment

Love the blue, red, and yellow together! Great pictures!
                      Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

Name:	Brain Bag PRI 2014  - 01.jpg
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	294075

My Brain Bag goes everywhere with me....Here it is at our booth at the Performance Racing Industry Show last week in Indianapolis.

Jason

Comment

Smart Alec with File Binder

Thanks greatly to @tpnl. I managed to get hold an amazingly Like-New Smart Alec - awesome Black with happiness awesome Solar lining. The Smart Alec has been my EDC every work days, plus also short trips - if I need to bring my laptop with. I really really love the Bag. Most probably (I believe) due to the Yellow Hole (aka Black Hole) then also its functionality and design of the Smart Alec. I hope to get the Lower Modular Pocket, sometime next year for easy access.

What I wish to show here is, I am very very amazed by the Yellow Hole of Smart Alec.
                          It swallowed my 2 Thick Office File Binder of total Width: 3 Inches. Inclusive, my thicker Size 1 Brain Cell.
                          Impressive!

I normally carry only 1 File Binder plus others Paper Folder, Size 1 Brain Cell for my Laptop and its Adapter.

Name:	Smarrt Alec Binder 01.jpg
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	294079

One day, I'd decided to try to see whether it could fit 2 File Binders. I am so so impressed.

Name:	Smart Alec Binder 03 Double.jpg
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	294081

Name:	Smart Alec Binder 04.jpg
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	294082

Name:	Smart Alec Binder 02.jpg
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	294080

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Oh yeah - one more last wish before I closed this post - I hope Tom Bihn, could one day bring Parapack to replace the Cordura (side) of Smart Alec. I will definitely grab another Smart Alec with Parapack (in replace of Cordura), Black Ballistic and (must) Solar lining.
                          Last edited by weirdguy; 12-20-2014, 12:20 AM. Reason: Additional Closing
                          Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                          Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                          Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                          Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

weirdguy great pictures of the work-horse the Smart Alec is. It is impressive what this pack can swallow.

Ilkyway
                            “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                              weirdguy great pictures of the work-horse the Smart Alec is. It is impressive what this pack can swallow.

Ilkyway
                              That's a great way to express the Smart Alec as "Work-Horse". Indeed, it is.

I actually plan to get a Shop Bag for carry these File Binder(s) for a long while. I never thought a Smart Alec could manage these!
                              Anyway, I could save the money on some other Tom Bihn's product.
                              Last edited by weirdguy; 12-20-2014, 12:51 AM.
                              Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                              Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                              Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                              Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Cleaned up/rearranged my study today and designated two areas for my rotating EDC and shop bags.

SEs lined up on a cabinet shelf:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419805047.127081.jpg
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	294126

Shop bags, LS, and cafe bags on a bookcase shelf, with the S19 on the floor below:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419805130.688830.jpg
Size:	319.6 KB
ID:	294127

Took most of my morning, but I am very glad to have these more easily accessible now.

Comment

Working...
                                X