Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,823   Posts: 191,279   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@brendabethman, can you post more pics of the coyote SE? Been considering it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

@kkintea here you go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419806087.987099.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	484.6 KB
ID:	294128

With linen and cocoa to give you an idea of the difference:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419806125.974089.jpg
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	294129

Obligatory shot with kitty :-)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419806152.674774.jpg
Size:	523.5 KB
ID:	294130

I really like it. Wasn't sure about it from the website pics, but got a coyote Q-kit which convinced I love coyote. I now want a coyote SCB as well.

Comment

brendabethman your citty looks like it is meditating on that Side Effect. Very cute!
        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

@ilkyway I think he was contemplating lying on it. You know how kitties are!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

How about a peek inside? I have a coyote LS, but there's just something to seeing the combo on the bag in question :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

These are not the greatest as I am still trying to figure how to maneuver my giant new phone, but here you are:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419811274.056191.jpg
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	294131

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419811287.189787.jpg
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	294132

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Like seriously, my dude lies on anything remotely mat-like. Including a SE.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419819494.846594.jpg
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	294133

BTW @brendabethman, I like how your guy matches some of your colourful bags. The only thing our guy matches is black dyneema or black ballistic/cordura. Boo!
                Last edited by adalangdon; 12-28-2014, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giuliof View Post
                  Today I received a new Navy/Solar SE (so cool) along with the forum gift so I thought I'd take some pictures.
                  I know I find pictures with colour comparisons very useful so I tried to frame the SE with some accessories (I went for a classic red/yellow/blue combination). Enjoy! :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9681[/ATTACH]
                  The SE with the new red zipper pulls (not included; the included ones are black).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9682[/ATTACH]
                  A close-up of the cheerful Solar interior and a glimpse of some accessories (Cardinal Clear Organizer Wallet, Steel Q-Kit, Black Mini OP).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9683[/ATTACH]
                  A close-up of the new red zipper pulls.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9684[/ATTACH]
                  Cardinal and Navy ballistic nylon next to each others.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9685[/ATTACH]

Iberian Dyneema, Solar Dyneema and Navy ballistic nylon next to each others.
                  The Navy Ballistic looks as gorgeous as I remember it!

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                    A very fine orange kitty to go with the golden SE.

Comment

I'm not sure where else to post these pics, seeing as this is more of a "show us your bags being awesome!" thread, but here goes.

I took my brand-new wire-cutter to my Nordic SE this morning and the results are pretty good.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419845233.981097.jpg
Size:	606.5 KB
ID:	294135

I've also found Dr Slick really helpful for keeping cork bags in good shape. I don't have anything with 100% flawless cork-- my Navy/Cork Imago has slight flaking and hairline cracks, and my small Cork pouch has flaked-- but after a couple of applications of Dr Slick, they have a protective layer of sorts and don't feel dry anymore. So, it helps improve even slightly damaged cork. Love it! (N.B. It's sticky for a couple of days after application, but dries up after that. It also won't stop already-debonding cork from debonding further.)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419845832.419093.jpg
Size:	483.5 KB
ID:	294136
                      Last edited by adalangdon; 12-29-2014, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Yet again my large shop bag has proved that it is an overachiever during my latest grocery trip. What started out as a light shopping trip quickly multiplied into a large and heavy load when certain essentials like a 5 lb bag of organic potatoes, assorted broth and dairy goods, and other items made their way into my cart. Despite the huge assortment, the shop bag swallowed up everything without any problem. And yet again I received a compliment from the grocery staff. While I would not generally carry so many heavy items together, the padded handles ensured that the bag rested comfortably on my shoulder as I traversed the parking lot. Since I still can't believe how much this amazing bag accommodated, I just had to post a few photos, complete with tortie cat photobomb. Thank you again, TB, for creating the ultimate shopping bag!

Name:	Shop bag1.jpeg
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	294145Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop bag2.jpeg
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	294146Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop bag3.jpeg
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	294147
                        "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                        "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Nice haul, @NWhikergal! I just pulled out a set of 4 new large shop bags. Looking forward to my trip to the grocery store tomorrow!

Comment

@Polikani, you are so lucky with 4 new shop bags! I keep meaning to get a second large shop bag, as I love both my large and small ones so much.
                            "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                            "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Well I was told I had to wait until next year before I could by new ones, but one of my small ones was stolen by my partner as a gym bag. I've been using the other one as my gym bag (because that's how she got the idea--she kept dumping out my stuff and filling it with hers until I finally gave up). If I get in trouble for buying them early, I'll just blame her. :)

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Road trip! Seven hours with three kids. Took some planning but here we are, and in pretty good spirits to boot!

The small shop bag worked beautifully hung on the headrest of the front seat, allowing the kid in the car seat easy access to the library books. Thank you, thank you, seven hours of thank you for durable handles - those books are heavy!

Last edited by terayon; 01-01-2015, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X