Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,745   Posts: 190,322   Members: 6,605   Active Members: 255
Welcome to our newest member, MeaningwaveExists.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I cannot resist sharing this photo of cat and a nordic SE after the amazing game today!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9976[/ATTACH]
    Tough loss for my Packers. Seahawks staged an amazing comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-29 12.24.00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	630.8 KB
ID:	294302

Synapse 19 in Reading Terminal Market

Comment

Black dyneema/UV SCB arrived today! I can tell we are going to be very happy together :-)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421794231.334342.jpg
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	295394

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421794241.919812.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	583.6 KB
ID:	295395

Comment

Originally posted by npliu106 View Post
          Synapse 19 in Reading Terminal Market
          Ohhhh I miss Reading Terminal Market! When I lived in Philly I spent many Saturday mornings there having breakfast and picking up produce, fresh pasta, and spices. That is where I first bought ground sumac, and the cookbook stall there is where I got my treasured copy of Peg Bracken's I Hate to Cook Book. Lucky you!

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
            Black dyneema/UV SCB arrived today! I can tell we are going to be very happy together :-)
            Ohhhh this is beautiful! One of my early TB bags was a black dyneema/wasabi SCB and I regularly pack it for work travel as it makes a great purse at the destination. Was your SCB on super-backorder? Dyneema SCBs aren't currently listed. Lucky you!

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
              Ohhhh this is beautiful! One of my early TB bags was a black dyneema/wasabi SCB and I regularly pack it for work travel as it makes a great purse at the destination. Was your SCB on super-backorder? Dyneema SCBs aren't currently listed. Lucky you!
              Someone was de stashing on Ravelry and I was lucky enough to claim it. It was indeed lucky that I caught that forum post!

Comment

ooooh, aaahhhhhh!! Love that combination! Still hoping they reissue Black D/UV in the SCB, I want one! :)

Comment

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
                  Ohhhh I miss Reading Terminal Market! ... the cookbook stall there is where I got my treasured copy of Peg Bracken's I Hate to Cook Book. Lucky you!
                  I had (have?) that book - it was my grandmother's and my college roommate would make the chocolate cake at least once a week. Which is why I'm not sure I still have my copy - I had every intention of sending it to that roommate just a couple of years ago and can't remember if I actually did it. I also inherited a glorious Jell-O recipe book from the 1960s. I will never make anything from that one; I just keep it to marvel at the photographs.

Comment

My four year old has taken over my SCB! He uses an iPad mini as a communication device due to a severe speech disorder. Plus, he's part squirrel and loves to carry things around.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	295404

Comment

How great is it, that todays tec can be that helpful for such a cute boy!
                      Love the proud look and the bag of cause.

Ilkyway
                      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Katycorgi View Post
                        My four year old has taken over my SCB! He uses an iPad mini as a communication device due to a severe speech disorder. Plus, he's part squirrel and loves to carry things around.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10014[/ATTACH]
                        Awww... He wears it so well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by binje View Post
                          I had (have?) that book - it was my grandmother's and my college roommate would make the chocolate cake at least once a week. Which is why I'm not sure I still have my copy - I had every intention of sending it to that roommate just a couple of years ago and can't remember if I actually did it. I also inherited a glorious Jell-O recipe book from the 1960s. I will never make anything from that one; I just keep it to marvel at the photographs.
                          My mom had the "I Hate to Cook Book." I don't remember her making any of the recipes, just cackling away as she read it. I think I read it more than once as a teenager.

Comment

As promised in the back orders thread, here are the family photos of my SCB collection (with apologies for the terrible light. In house lighting stinks and the sun has once again deserted us. Colors, from left to right, are: Olive/Olive, Black Dyneema/UV, Grey//Navy,, Azalea/Sapphire, Red Blend/Olive, French Blue/Olive, Cocoa/Wasabi, and Linen/Navy.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421964670.319164.jpg
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	295421

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421964681.119615.jpg
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	295422

On my wish list are black, plum, burnt orange, and coyote. Oh, and maybe azure..... 13 is a lucky number if it's TB bags, right? :-)

Comment

Great pictures! I have to say that Azalea/Sapphire speaks to me. If you'd know how littraly I mean that... Good thing that you don't ;-)

Do you really decide in the morning wich one comes out? I have to do such desitions in the evening when sanity is at its peak otherwise I would leave the hose with four or five Side Effects (my Bag of choice for a signature item as eWalker describes it).

Ilkyway
                              “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post

On my wish list are black, plum, burnt orange, and coyote. Oh, and maybe azure..... 13 is a lucky number if it's TB bags, right? :-)
                                Sure! 1+3=4

Four is the number of stability, like the four legs of a chair or table. It's a good omen! Go for it! ;)

BTW congratulations! It's a beautiful collection!
                                Last edited by eWalker; 01-22-2015, 02:49 PM.
                                So much to catch up!

Comment

Working...
                                X