Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,186   Members: 6,708   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, drkrokr.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eWalker View Post
    Sure! 1+3=4

Four is the number of stability, like the four legs of a chair or table. It's a good omen! Go for it! ;)
    I will, but slowly! I think I may soon be on a ban like @Pokilani

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
      I will, but slowly! I think I may soon be on a ban like @Pokilani
      LOL I have the strong desire to the same with CP!

I am struggling to keep "one bag for each purpose" motto, but this Forum colective mind is making me too creative to work around my own restrictions! ;)
      Last edited by eWalker; 01-22-2015, 03:32 PM.
      So much to catch up!

Comment

As promised in the back orders thread, here are the family photos of my SCB collection (with apologies for the terrible light. In house lighting stinks and the sun has once again deserted us. Colors, from left to right, are: Olive/Olive, Black Dyneema/UV, Grey//Navy,, Azalea/Sapphire, Red Blend/Olive, French Blue/Olive, Cocoa/Wasabi, and Linen/Navy.

On my wish list are black, plum, burnt orange, and coyote. Oh, and maybe azure..... 13 is a lucky number if it's TB bags, right? :-)
        Wow! But, where are the tankinis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
          Wow! But, where are the tankinis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          They objected. Said swimsuit competitions are demeaning. They want to be admired for their smarts ;-)

Comment

TS PCBP BOB´s

After presenting to the Forum my Mt. TB (loved the nickname @adalangdon gave to my haul!)

Let me slice and dice it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bob.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	295434

Those are TriStar/WesternFlyer Packing Cube Backpacks on Black / Steel / Nordic Dyneema

Use: BOB´s (Bug Out Bags)

I use the Nordic to store my mother´s medical information and the Steel to store mine. I choose the TriStar/WesternFlyer version because it´s single compartment is big enough to store even x-rays. Inside attached to the o-ring I keep a large Double Organiser Pouch to store medical insurance card, prescriptions, emergency phone numbers, document copies, and protein bars for emergency food (just in case)!

Click image for larger version

Name:	clear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	295435

And in a Clear Organiser Wallet, some emergency cash.

Images reduced using jpeg-optimizer.com
            So much to catch up!

Comment

eWalker!
              Your BOBs look totally beefy and very huggable!
              I wonder if they can be used as pillows or bolsters on camping trips?

Comment

Originally posted by icebeng View Post
                eWalker!
                Your BOBs look totally beefy and very huggable!
                I wonder if they can be used as pillows or bolsters on camping trips?
                LOL Jesus, Mary and Joseph, @icebeng!

I am starting to think that extensive exposure to japanese Dyneema is giving you x-ray vision! :p

I did use pillows to beef then up to take the pictures, they were too skinny... not the proper look for a panda´s bag! ;)
                Last edited by eWalker; 01-23-2015, 07:27 AM.
                So much to catch up!

Comment

They objected. Said swimsuit competitions are demeaning. They want to be admired for their smarts ;-)
                  So the SCBs think they are better than the Little Swifts?? :p

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                    Great pictures! I have to say that Azalea/Sapphire speaks to me. If you'd know how littraly I mean that... Good thing that you don't ;-)

Do you really decide in the morning wich one comes out? I have to do such desitions in the evening when sanity is at its peak otherwise I would leave the hose with four or five Side Effects (my Bag of choice for a signature item as eWalker describes it).

Ilkyway
                    @Ilkyway Good point! I do often make those decisions (outfit and which bag(s) go with it) in the evening, but sometimes in the morning as well. I don't have children so that makes mornings easier.

And I know you covet my Azalea/Sapphire bag -- I promise if I ever decide to let it go, I will contact you first :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeboys View Post
                      So the SCBs think they are better than the Little Swifts?? :p
                      Ha! They do get more love, so maybe I should stop spoiling them. It appears to have gone to their heads :-)

Comment

Ha now there is hope! Thanks
                        But I have to confess that all my bags habe to sport Bikinis at least in summer ;-)

Ilkyway
                        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

The LSB came skating! It held three kids' helmets, warm stuff, elbow pads and one pair of bobskates. Love the padded handles!

Comment

What a fantastic picture of everyone on the ice and the LSB in the foreground.

Comment

Look what I got for my birthday! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Look what I got for my birthday! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Large? Happy Bday,SB twinnie 😀

Comment

Working...
                                X