Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,823   Posts: 191,279   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unboxing

My order placed on Tuesday shipped Tuesday and arrived - today. Apologize if the colors are slightly off due to sun/shadow.

The FJN is a a present, I had to refrain from getting an additional red blend one for myself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	295864

When I prepared the order I noticed that there where still stuff sacks in solar left (sadly no YSSs) and although usually yellow is not my color, I wanted to at least give it a try and have the chance of owning one and knowing what the solar lovers are talking about ;).

Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	295865

The 3DOC is my first Parapack item, I am really impressed with color and material!

Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	295866

Comment

Originally posted by binje View Post
      Is that olive parapack with wasabi? It's jawdroppingly perfect. I want!
      Yes, it is an olive parapack S19 with a wasabi PCBP, kiwi mini Q-kit, and verde small Q-kit.
      "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
      "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Great photos, Squirrel! The Grey FJN looks so smart and office-appropriate. I think my friend will love his. Monday can't come soon enough 8-)

Comment

Sharing my recent acquisition, plus all my Tom Bihn Briefcase/Messenger Collection.

Left to Right Black/Solar CP Newly Acquired, Grey DLBC Newly Traded, Steel400d/Solar CP, Steel Parapack FBPW Newly Acquired

Name:	TB Briefcase Upfront.jpg
Size:	496.9 KB
ID:	295870

Name:	TB Briefcase Top.jpg
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	295871

A slightly darker shot. I felt this shot is more true to everyday color especially one work more frequently in indoor.

Name:	TB Briefcase Closeup.jpg
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	295872

My Steel/Grey Collection.
          Left to Right Steel Parapack, Grey Cordura, Steel 400d Dyneema

Name:	TB Briefcase Steel.jpg
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	295873
          I am hoping to acquire/trade a Steel Ballistic/Solar A45 someday to add to that Steel/Grey Collection.

Please take note that the photo's color may differ in different lighting or brightness level. From my point of view, Photo#3 Darker shot is more true in reality.

*I will post up a brief review about my like with Dyneema and Ballistic CP soon. I understand that this topic has been frequently discuss.
          Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
          Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
          Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
          Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
            Yes, it is an olive parapack S19 with a wasabi PCBP, kiwi mini Q-kit, and verde small Q-kit.
            Olive pp/Wasabi dyneema really pwns. There is something so vivid about two together! I have that combo in a SCB and it makes me go *___* every time.

Comment

Synapse 25 in Grey/Iberian

Hi Everyone,

I just received my S25 in Grey/Iberian. I love it! (It will be replacing my S25 in Black Dyneema/Iberian).

I tried my hardest to use the lighting and shadows to capture the most accurate appearing grey in the pictures.

With my S25, I have pictured the following from 12 o'clock in clockwise order: COW (crimson), Q-kit (aubergine), SE (steel), Q-kit (navy), padded organizer pouch (small), padded organizer pouch (mini), mini COP (forest), 3DOC (olive parapack), SC (steel parapack), TSS Size 1 (solar).

Name:	IMG_1053.jpg
Size:	675.3 KB
ID:	295887Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	295888
              Attached Files

Comment

Got the FJNs today. I'm planning to use mine as a loose-leaf notebook. What I did after getting it was to unbind the notebooks I've used this semester (Doane Paper and a French-ruled Clairefontaine), cut the pages, punch holes and load it into the FJN. It wasn't very smooth-sailing since my 3-hole adjustable puncher hasn't arrived, but I've since managed to get the hang of using a 2-hole punch. Am currently designing my own dividers for our FJNs.

As a side note, they are-- or feel?-- a lot bigger than expected, even though I'd drawn and cut out the dimensions of the FJN on scrap paper to get a feel of its size before buying. This is not really a Filofax replacement-- it is more like a self-contained note-taking kit. It's pretty damned great. Now I just wish the zips were smoother.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426518461.937056.jpg
Size:	337.8 KB
ID:	295906

Faithful companions (that's my Hobonichi on the right, which I use for scheduling)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426518484.887998.jpg
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	295907

ETA: All set up now! Unused cut notebook pages go in front, to be used during the rest of the sem. Dug through my stack of souvenirs and found an A5 postcard from one of my favourite English restaurants, punched holes and turned it into a divider. Class notes from the previous week go behind and are all together in one place instead of being spread over 2 notebooks. The control-freak in me loves the flexibility of loose-leaf notebooks-- I can put anything inside and arrange it however I want. Next up: pocket organisers from Daytimer!

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	295925
                Last edited by adalangdon; 03-16-2015, 08:38 PM.

Comment

This is, what I got for mine. Maybe a bit of an overkill? But this baby can punch!

Name:	IMB_0846.jpg
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	295908

Will your Hobonichi live in the front pocket? What a stunning color this Red Blend is.

Ilkyway
                  “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                    This is, what I got for mine. Maybe a bit of an overkill? But this baby can punch!
                    Haha, mine's pretty much that too. It does up to 50 pp at once. I love it so much. Is yours 2 or 3 hole?

And no the hobonichi won't go in the front pocket as it's too thick. It actually goes in my SCB :-)

Comment

It is 3 hole and can have even 4 but since it has to do FJN-duty we took out the 4th punch.
                      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

My Dyneema Swift arrived, and I was able to stuff it immediately with 20 pounds of really special (felts really well!) wool. I was amazed that this wool was able to cram itself in so neatly. I will say, this wool tries to cram itself into each and every TB bag I get. I really wish I had the picture of it trying to diligently get into a PCSB, but only part of it fit. Anyway, here's a pic of the stuffed bag.Click image for larger version

Size:	716.5 KB
ID:	295916

The bag passed the taste test too.

Size:	458.1 KB
ID:	295917

And the napping test was exemplary.

Size:	678.9 KB
ID:	295918

Remarkable trial run; I can already tell this bag is going to be a favorite of mine :-)

Comment

Still loving the PU as gym bag. And the color makes me smile :-)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426536181.557590.jpg
Size:	329.9 KB
ID:	295919

Comment

So cute! Lovely pictures, Bijouxandbeads.

Comment

New EDC.
                              Okay, now I REALLY want a Dyneema CoPilot!
                              I NEED to find a Medium Cafe bag in Dyneema!
                              Black Dyneema /Solar is my #1 choice!
                              Next would be Steel /steel, or Nordic/solar.
                              Looking for Smart Alec in Nordic, or steel /steel Dyneema.
                              Also looking for mini OP's in CORK and Solar.

Comment

Looking good ADDIct! The zipper pulls look great on that bag.
                                DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
                                “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Comment

Working...
                                X