Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,209   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, adb755.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
    It is 3 hole and can have even 4 but since it has to do FJN-duty we took out the 4th punch.
    The stationery geek in me has hole punch envy!

Yeah, Red Blend is classy and surprisingly conservative. I'm definitely more of a Plum person, but I don't think I'd be able to get away with using a Plum FJN in certain work situations. What I really wish though, is that I'd grabbed an RB wallet. I thought, meh, Red Blend, nice but a bit too sedate #regretsville Why'd you go for Grey instead of RB?
    Last edited by adalangdon; 03-16-2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Looking great @ADDict! I too like the zipper pulls!
      (I just switched out my S25 in Black Dyneema/Iberian to my new EDC S25 in Grey/Iberian.)

Comment

ID unboxing

My Tom Bihn ordered arrived yesterday! I have two pictures to share for now and a few initial thoughts. The first photo is the unboxing: ID in Black/Steel/Wasabi (with 4Z cache on rails inside), iPad Mini cache, medium Cordura Organizer Pouch in forest, and small Q-kit in navy. The second photo is the ID next to my current work bag, Timbuk2 Ram Convertible Laptop bag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ID unboxing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	295932

Name:	ID and Ram side-by-side.jpg
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	295933

Now a few thoughts. Though the ID is very similar in size to my Ram, I can fit more larger items in the Ram. I had to remove all the things from the Clear Quarter Packing Cube and Snake Charmer and repackage them in smaller pouches. I ended up fitting all the contents in several pouches. I had really hoped the power charger for the laptop would have fit in the small Q-kit but it was just a wee bit too large. (Now I need to find a use for the small Q-kit ...) But the I was able to fit the charger and my full-sized wireless mouse in the medium COP. I used a mini and small COP to transfer the items from the CQPC. In the end, though, there are things I could not fit into the ID. No showstoppers, but little things.

I will do a more thorough review when I get a better feel for the bag. I made such a mess taking things out of one bag and packing, re-packing for the other that I could not really get photos. If I would have videoed it and then played it at fast speed to the Benny Hill theme, it would probably have gone viral!

The most important takeaway is the Dell Latitude E6430 laptop fit comfortably in the 4Z cache. It's snug but not tight and slides in and out easily.

More to come ...

Comment

I can see azalea from space!

I got a new COW (the only acronym I use because it's funny). I never knew I liked azalea before, but apparently I do! I also love the texture of 500D Cordura, more than any COW I've had.

Name:	IMG_1900.jpg
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	295938

Name:	IMG_1902.JPG
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	295939

The day the COW arrived, I coincidentally got the same color headlamp. I already had the Walker pin.

Azalea is such a happy color!

Comment

Check out the box of happy that arrived at my house today!

Name:	2015-03-17 16.50.37Bihn.jpg
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	295941
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Washu View Post
              Check out the box of happy that arrived at my house today!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10851[/ATTACH]
              COW twinsies! I got the same one. :)

Comment

Aubergine

Aubergine by rickcameron, on Flickr

I ordered an Aeronaut 45 in December in Aubergine/Wasabi and was hoping to first use it on a trip to the Hoh Rain Forest, as I'm determined to finally visit when it's actually raining. Gotten drenched in many areas of the park but I'm 0 for 4 in the Hoh. I had to postpone the trip though as sadly our eight-year-old cat Emma (she was the one in my ID review if you saw that) had been battling an illness that got much worse in December and she died in early January, and then the rest of the pets went through illnesses from major to minor, and then we adopted a young cat that needed a home, so the last few months have been a bit chaotic. I'm still hoping to get up there this spring, but in the meantime I took a macro shot of the ballistic nylon fabric.

Comment

What a cool weave, and the color! Sorry to hear about Emma, it's never easy but so glad you have opened your home to another in need. Bet he/she has settled in happily!

Comment

That is a beautiful photo, Boolie! I love purple, and though I have several Aubergine items, your photo lets me love Aubergine in a new way.

So sorry about your cat.... hope you are comforted somewhat by the young one you have welcomed into your life.
                    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks View Post
                      COW twinsies! I got the same one. :)
                      Azalea is my favorite TB color - it is so vibrant! When I saw it in stock, I had to get a back-up COW in case anything happens to the one I have now (also Azalea, of course)!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10851[/ATTACH]
                        A Burnt Orange bag lined with Wasabi would look very citrus-y :) But I really hope it never comes to fruition (haha! :))

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
                          A Burnt Orange bag lined with Wasabi would look very citrus-y :) But I really hope it never comes to fruition (haha! :))
                          This is my current dream combo - BO and Wasabi - so I must respectfully disagree!! :)

Comment

This is my current dream combo - BO and Wasabi - so I must respectfully disagree!! :)
                            I must respectfully disagree with me too ..... I'd love that combo. My previous comment was at the behest of my wallet :)

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
                              I must respectfully disagree with me too ..... I'd love that combo. My previous comment was at the behest of my wallet :)
                              Oh gee, I didn't even think about my wallet! Okay, maybe you are right after all!

Comment

@Washu, I'm so sorry to hear about Emma and other pet challenges. I hope you are finding some comfort in your new addition and the life you saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X