Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,326   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aedifica
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    @Cristina,

I think that @aedifica's FJN is Conifer(= the Cordura equivalent of Forest in its original Ballistic Nylon tones). Sigh… I ordered a Conifer FJN in the original FJN release, when I wanted to see this new color, and was ordering a few to use as presents. They sent me Olive, and I didn't have the heart to complain. (This was also back when I didn't think UPS returns worked from Hawaii). So I never actually got an FJN in Conifer. @aedifica, good luck, and is the Ristretto Nebulous Grey/Island?

moriond
    I think you're right about it being Conifer. I'm sorry you didn't get a Conifer one when you ordered it! Olive is nice too, but it's just not the same.

Thanks for the good luck wish! The Ristretto is actually Navy/Solar. (Though my phone keyboard first tried to put Navy/Doomsday because I wasn't close enough to the right letters, then it tried Navy/Sailor. At least that one makes sense.)

Speaking of Nebulous Grey/Island, though, I've been using my Nebulous/Island L15 the last couple of days. The Ristretto worked great for the things I needed to carry on my first day, the Luminary is working better for the things I've carried since then. Next week when classes start I'll probably switch to yet a larger bag, maybe my Nebulous/Island Synik 22!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Cristina View Post
    Good luck in your new job!! The Forest FJN will help you get off to an auspicious start. :-)
    @Cristina,

I think that @aedifica's FJN is Conifer(= the Cordura equivalent of Forest in its original Ballistic Nylon tones). Sigh… I ordered a Conifer FJN in the original FJN release, when I wanted to see this new color, and was ordering a few to use as presents. They sent me Olive, and I didn't have the heart to complain. (This was also back when I didn't think UPS returns worked from Hawaii). So I never actually got an FJN in Conifer. @aedifica, good luck, and is the Ristretto Nebulous Grey/Island?

moriond

Leave a comment:

• goblin
    replied
    Yes to both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• aedifica
    replied
    Originally posted by goblin View Post
    Snoozin foster baby with the PCSB. It’s a bad photo but I couldn’t pass up the cuteness.
    So adorable! Thanks for sharing the photo. (And now we know how great a black cat and a Viridian PCSB can look together, should those of us with Viridian bags adopt black cats? Should those of us with black cats buy Viridian bags?)

Leave a comment:

• goblin
    replied

Snoozin foster baby with the PCSB. It’s a bad photo but I couldn’t pass up the cuteness.

Leave a comment:

• Cristina
    replied
    Originally posted by aedifica View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23272[/ATTACH]

First day at my new job, with a Field Journal Notebook for writing down all the things I'll be shown in the first few days! Not shown: Ristretto (under the desk, leaning against the cabinet) and small Shop Bag.

Actually I had... not counting key straps... seven TB items with me today? I think it was seven. A couple of 3DOCs, a Side Effect, a pouch for my bus pass. No, wait, make that nine: Nik's Minimalist Wallet and a Super Mini Ghost Whale too. What can I say, TB makes stuff I find useful!
    Good luck in your new job!! The Forest FJN will help you get off to an auspicious start. :-)

Leave a comment:

• aedifica
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3787.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	305596

First day at my new job, with a Field Journal Notebook for writing down all the things I'll be shown in the first few days! Not shown: Ristretto (under the desk, leaning against the cabinet) and small Shop Bag.

Actually I had... not counting key straps... seven TB items with me today? I think it was seven. A couple of 3DOCs, a Side Effect, a pouch for my bus pass. No, wait, make that nine: Nik's Minimalist Wallet and a Super Mini Ghost Whale too. What can I say, TB makes stuff I find useful!

Leave a comment:

• nessagr
    replied
    Best Mail Day Ever!

I am swooning!!!! It's been a long time since I've gotten a Tom Bihn package in the mail. I cannot wait to put it all to use!

Name:	IMG_4780.jpg
Size:	906.1 KB
ID:	305591

Leave a comment:

• goblin
    replied
    Here’s my S19 with my pins (I feel like It was wrong to put holes in this guy but I couldn’t move backpacks and not take my pins with me). My favorite pencil case is peeking out of the pocket.

Leave a comment:

• Shortie
    replied
    My parents' cat turned my Road Buddy into a sleeping buddy while I visited them. No worries about cat hair when it's 1050 ballistic. Click image for larger version

Name:	1567427136228-632x843.jpg
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	305590

Leave a comment:

• melminimalist
    replied
    Originally posted by panda2mama View Post
    Kelly cordura (retired)
    Olive cordura (retired)
    Olive 525d ballistic (retired)
    Forest 1050d ballistic (retired)
    Wasabi 200d halcyon (retiring)
    Grass 210d ballistic (retiring)
    Verde 1050d ballistic

#greenbagsrule

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Love eyes [emoji7]

Leave a comment:

• panda2mama
    replied
    Kelly cordura (retired)
    Olive cordura (retired)
    Olive 525d ballistic (retired)
    Forest 1050d ballistic (retired)
    Wasabi 200d halcyon (retiring)
    Grass 210d ballistic (retiring)
    Verde 1050d ballistic

#greenbagsrule

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NWhikergal
    replied
    Kind of neat, the people checking me out at the grocery store got so excited about my Truck, especially when I mentioned it was locally made, that they promptly wrote down the name, Tom Bihn. I love this bag.

Leave a comment:

• tress29
    replied
    Originally posted by pammy View Post
    Both of my grandkids have a Sprout that we fill up with toys, coloring things, etc, to keep them amused when we are out and about, like when we’re out to dinner. I wish TB would do a limited run of the second version of the Sprout.
    I would totally buy one and I don’t even have grandkids!

Leave a comment:

• pammy
    replied
    Both of my grandkids have a Sprout that we fill up with toys, coloring things, etc, to keep them amused when we are out and about, like when we’re out to dinner. My granddaughter is almost 6 and she has the first generation Sprout, which is a little smaller than version 2. Unfortunately, it doesn’t zip closed with the coloring book in it. However, my grandson’s second generation Sprout is the perfect size. Those couple of added inches make a big difference. I wish TB would do a limited run of the second version of the Sprout.

Name:	Aubergine Sprout1.jpg
Size:	872.4 KB
ID:	305572Click image for larger version

Name:	Aubergine Sprout2.jpg
Size:	568.4 KB
ID:	305573Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Sprout1.jpg
Size:	887.0 KB