Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,786   Members: 6,895   Active Members: 240
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barney, I do believe you just received a standing ovation!

Comment

Originally posted by Sapien View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]11044[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11045[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11046[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11047[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11048[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11050[/ATTACH]
      LOL! i was chuckling the whole time! Hope you and barney post more in future!

Comment

I was cleaning and reorganizing some drawers today and found that the back outside pocket of the CP is great for temporarily hanging your pocketknives.

CP Spydercos
        by jjgtme, on Flickr

Comment

Very Spiderco-heavy your collection. Which do you like best? (nice background). One of my two Spydercos is in the second picture here: http://forums.tombihn.com/general-ba...html#post95791 :-) but the picture is lacking some Nordic.

Ilkyway
          “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by jujigatame View Post
            I was cleaning and reorganizing some drawers today and found that the back outside pocket of the CP is great for temporarily hanging your pocketknives.

CP Spydercos
            by jjgtme, on Flickr
            Can you tell me what kind of knot that blue one is? I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
              Very Spiderco-heavy your collection. Which do you like best? (nice background). One of my two Spydercos is in the second picture here: http://forums.tombihn.com/general-ba...html#post95791 :-) but the picture is lacking some Nordic.

Ilkyway
              Yeah, Spyderco has always been my #1 for modern one hand opening knives. My favorite is the UK Pen Knife, the orange knife on the left. It is one of the best designed knives I've ever used and if I had to keep only one Spyderco the UKPK would be it.

I see you have the Gayle Bradley in that picture. I only got to handle one briefly but it's a nice piece, quite a solid workhorse with the M4 steel.

Originally posted by terayon View Post
              Can you tell me what kind of knot that blue one is? I like it!
              That is a two strand stopper knot. Links to few videos on how to tie it if you are interested.

This is part of an instructional entry done for my blog http://tracelesswarrior.blogspot.com/2009/12/tactical-macrame-project-1.html called "Tactical Macram...

More knotty stuff on my blog: https://stormdrane.blogspot.comThe two-strand stopper knot is knot #778 in 'The Ashley Book of Knots'.

Comment

At the airport on spring break! My husband is carrying my French Blue S25, which is stuffed to the gills holding his stuff, snacks for three kids and toys/games/books for the 18-month-old. For those who are interested, he's 6'.

Comment

Forest green Pilot on its first outing. And Gollum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is the blue that dark in real life? Looks more like a light blue/turquoise on the TB site.

Comment

Originally posted by dhoizner View Post
                      Is the blue that dark in real life? Looks more like a light blue/turquoise on the TB site.

No, French Blue is not as dark as it shows up in the picture of the Synapse 25. That's an effect of the exposure and lighting. However, the product page image colors generally tend to appear lighter than in real life. You could take a look at @taminca's Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos thread. That thread, and the Daylight Backpack thread, carry the bulk of the pictures of the Daylight Backpack at the time it was released, and at that time most of the pictures were taken in French Blue. (The pictures in the second Daylight Backpack thread don't really start until @NWHikergal's posts, also in French Blue).

I also think the French Blue color shown in @Ilkyway's French Blue and Aubergine threads pretty accurate.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                        No, French Blue is not as dark as it shows up in the picture of the Synapse 25. That's an effect of the exposure and lighting. However, the product page image colors generally tend to appear lighter than in real life. You could take a look at @taminca's Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos thread. That thread, and the Daylight Backpack thread, carry the bulk of the pictures of the Daylight Backpack at the time it was released, and at that time most of the pictures were taken in French Blue. (The pictures in the second Daylight Backpack thread don't really start until @NWHikergal's posts, also in French Blue).

I also think the French Blue color shown in @Ilkyway's French Blue and Aubergine threads pretty accurate.

HTH

moriond
                        Thanks for the links! Guess it is too light for me :(.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

HTH

moriond
                          I don't know how I missed Ilkyway's fantastic photos back then - the French blue and aubergine look gorgeous together! Thank you for posting that link, @moriond.
                          "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                          "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by dhoizner View Post
                            I submit this photo more as an example of the S25 on a real live person out in the world, rather than as an example of what French Blue's true colour. In natural light, it is definitely not as dark as in this photo, which was taken with my phone at 5 a.m. under very high fluorescent lighting, and as you can see from the floor, in a not-especially-well-lit spot. IMHO many TB colours do look darker in real life than in the photos on the product pages, including French Blue. All due respect to Ilkyway's photography skills which are clearly far ahead of mine (not to mention her willingness to take and share so many photos!), but I think those photos are also a bit lighter than what I see in real life. Of course, colours vary from monitor to monitor, so maybe it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tepuku View Post
                              Forest green Pilot on its first outing. And Gollum

Hi Tepuku and a warm welcome to the forums.

I have to admit your Gollum gave me a near heart-attac this morning. I was still in bed and looked at the newest posts on my phone (yes, that is, what I do) and there he was staring and laughing at me.

Ilkyway
                              “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Some preliminary pics of the burnt orange WF that arrived today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428151192.957433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	598.4 KB
ID:	296069

I really do love this color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by brendabethman; 04-04-2015, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X