Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Aeronaut 30 on Monday and I love it. I've only done some practice packing, but I'm fairly positive this will become my main bag for travel! Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1428608623973.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	598.2 KB
ID:	296130

Here it is sitting with me CP! I'm tempted to buy a NFTD just to get it in Steel/UV and have three steel bags with different interiors. I may have problems
    Treat Yo Self (to more TB merchandise)

Comment

Originally posted by Simone View Post

Here it is sitting with me CP! I'm tempted to buy a NFTD just to get it in Steel/UV and have three steel bags with different interiors. I may have problems
      What's the problem? I don't see a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
        What's the problem? I don't see a problem.

Haha! This is true. I keep telling myself it would be the perfect snack bag. I was in dire need of a bag bigger than my CP but smaller than my S25 on a last minute trip a couple of weeks ago. I ended up taking the S25 and my mother proceeded to place all of her excess stuff into my backpack making it uncomfortably heavy. I think the NFTD could hold everyone's snacks well. My only hesitation is that for most times, my CP fits my almonds, craisins, etc fine. Although, the NFTD I could fit the sandwiches and other items we sometimes bring along.

Oh no, I think I've talked myself into ordering one!

Comment

That A45 and CP side by side makes me doubly sure that ordering a Coyote CP to match my A45 is the way to go. that matched set looks so sharp!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2636.JPG
Size:	748.9 KB
ID:	296143

Cocoa/wasabi MCB and Navy/UV Parental Unit on vacation in Lake Tahoe. I don't know how to ski, so I enjoyed some lodge time. The double shoulder-carry setup made me bulky when I was wandering through the buildings, but I was able to carry a lot of stuff easily.

Comment

Are you using the PU as a diaper bag or a carry-all?

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                Are you using the PU as a diaper bag or a carry-all?
                It is now the "big kid bag" as kiddo objects to the term "diaper bag" now. I have occasionally used it as my only shoulder bag for a day out and about, but then I have to be picky about what I carry as the bag's profile is slim, and most of the space is taken up with snacks, water bottle, extra socks, etc. leaving limited space for my wallet and other items. The ballistic material handles very nicely and I don't fret about putting it on the ground over the course of our outings. Most of my bags are Dyneema, so this is a different feel for me.

Comment

I bought a navy/UV, and another verde/UV to us as a large purse because of the slim profile. Even one of the front gusset pockets holds a SE. I carry 2 stainless travel mugs every day, and can put one on either end, catty-corner to balance the weight.

Comment

Tristar with llama pillow at Narita Airport en route home

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428980010.022632.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	296172
                    Last edited by adalangdon; 04-13-2015, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Packing cube shoulder bag in Shanghai.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	296187

Comment

Unboxing photos:
                        Mostly gifts, but the Red Blend FJN and Iberian YSS are for me!

Below is (clockwise from upper left) French Blue SCB, Red Blend FJN, Iberian Small Shop Bag, TT, and Med YSS, 3 COWS in Turquoise, Orange 152, Red Blend, and 2 COP in Azure.

Name:	IMG_5332.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	296190

Below is a French Blue SCB, Turquoise COW, and Azure COP

Name:	IMG_5333.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	296191
                        Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

How did you get the FJ since it's on back order?

Comment

Last week I posted my A30 and CP then proceeded to contemplate buying a NFTD. Well, I bought it and took some pictures of my steel bags!

All together

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429133986889.jpg
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	296192

with the interiors showing

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429134058731.jpg
Size:	565.2 KB
ID:	296193

I love the NFTD and am thoroughly pleased that I'll have a matching travel set under the majority of circumstances!

Comment

Unboxing photos:

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429134602043.jpg
Size:	558.6 KB
ID:	296194

Red blend LCB, verde/UV PU, burnt orange SE (giving orange a try), and a UV COC.

2nd box:

BO DLBP, wasabi SS, forest pen/pencil case, BO M DOP, Iberian TT, orange 152 COC, solar MOP, Iberian fabric OC, and one of the light thingies on solar strap.

(I don't know how to rotate my pics right side up)

ETA: will have to decide on the BO. I DO love the orange 152 (?) In the COC (probably have my abbreviations wrong. .) I love the red blend/olive LCB. I've ordered the Absolute Strap on all large bags from the get go. I'd had a navy PU, but ordered the Verde/UV, and so decided on it and sent the navy back. The Verde will go with everything I have. Down the road perhaps I'll get another, after giving this a run for the money. For the most part, I'm trying to not hang onto duplicates yet - except pouches, SSs, etc.

Tomorrow I'll try out the SKD since I'll be going out of town this weekend. I don't have to worry about weight since it's a car trip. Something not mentioned in the SK threads is kind of weird. I have a dental partial. I'm sure some folks here have dentures. I figured the denture cup will fit better in the SKD than the SK. I can use travel sizes for almost everything, but unless I just wear it to bed, i need to protect the partial when it's out of my mouth.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by marytattoo; 04-15-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                                How did you get the FJ since it's on back order?
                                I just got mine that ordered on release day, but waited to have everything shipping together as I had a different item in back order. So while I could have had it 4 days after release, I waited until Early April for it to actually be delivered. I suspect something similar for this person.

Comment

Working...
                                X