Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,327   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simone View Post
    Last week I posted my A30 and CP then proceeded to contemplate buying a NFTD. Well, I bought it and took some pictures of my steel bags!

All together
    [ATTACH]11269[/ATTACH]

with the interiors showing
    [ATTACH]11270[/ATTACH]

I love the NFTD and am thoroughly pleased that I'll have a matching travel set under the majority of circumstances!
    I love how they match, but all have different interiors.... and the paracord matches the Dyneema too!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

Originally posted by gochicken View Post
      I love how they match, but all have different interiors.... and the paracord matches the Dyneema too!
      I was about to write the same! Very nice collection.
      "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
      -- David Whyte

Comment

Originally posted by gochicken View Post
        Originally posted by taminca View Post
        I was about to write the same! Very nice collection.
        Thank you gochicken and taminca! I liked the idea of having the matching paracord to the dyneema and figured doing that would add a bit more color besides the steel. I like having my bags match but with the paracord the interiors can be differentiated (not that passersby would probably think about such things!)
        Treat Yo Self (to more TB merchandise)

Comment

Thank you gochicken and taminca! I liked the idea of having the matching paracord to the dyneema and figured doing that would add a bit more color besides the steel. I like having my bags match but with the paracord the interiors can be differentiated (not that passersby would probably think about such things!)
          Great to see the steely collection. I am waiting on a steel/wasabi Pilot, which will join a steel/Iberian TS, a steel/UV SE, and a steel/solar A45. Cool elegance that is suitable for business, but just different enough to stand out from a sea of black bags. I never really planned it that way but the collection just grew.

And I really like the paracord! Makes a great contrast.

Comment

I like having my bags match but with the paracord the interiors can be differentiated (not that passersby would probably think about such things!)
            They might not, but we would! I love it... uniformity of Steel exteriors with the variety of paracord colors!
            Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

I decided to take advantage of the sunny day and packed my favorite folding chair, a book, and a sweet treat into my navy parapack S19 and ventured to the park to do some reading and people watching and catch up on my Vitamin D. After that I went for a nice bike ride, and my Synapse was a champ for both endeavors. I snapped a few pics, though I struggle with capturing the navy parapack, since the color shifts so much depending on the lighting. What a great day!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2929.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	296237Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2930.JPG
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	296238Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2931.JPG
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	296239Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2934.JPG
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	296240Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2943.JPG
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	296241Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2957.JPG
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	296242Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2969.JPG
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	296243
              Last edited by NWhikergal; 04-18-2015, 07:47 PM.
              "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
              "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Last week I posted my A30 and CP then proceeded to contemplate buying a NFTD. Well, I bought it and took some pictures of my steel bags!

All together
                [ATTACH]11269[/ATTACH]

with the interiors showing
                [ATTACH]11270[/ATTACH]

I love the NFTD and am thoroughly pleased that I'll have a matching travel set under the majority of circumstances!
                This makes me want to make all of my TB gear match. I have greys and blues for exterior colors. I want them to be just like this but in Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnd99 View Post
                  This makes me want to make all of my TB gear match. I have greys and blues for exterior colors. I want them to be just like this but in Blue.
                  I say go for it, if you can! At first I didn't plan to have steel bags, but it ended up that way and I'm pleased. I like to see the different color combos people use for bags, but matching sets appeal to me
                  Treat Yo Self (to more TB merchandise)

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
                    I decided to take advantage of the sunny day and packed my favorite folding chair, a book, and a sweet treat into my navy parapack S19 and ventured to the park to do some reading and people watching and catch up on my Vitamin D. After that I went for a nice bike ride, and my Synapse was a champ for both endeavors. I snapped a few pics, though I struggle with capturing the navy parapack, since the color shifts so much depending on the lighting. What a great day!
                    I have to say I think you captured the Navy Parapack perfectly! I have the same bag and have never managed to get as good a set of pictures.
                    Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Thought I'd share my shop bag collection which live in our kitchen.

On show and ready to go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

I'm all packed and ready for my month long trip to Far Western China. Leaving tonight. The weather will range from hot during the day to around 5C at night. The trip was going to be delayed due to a broken wrist but it turned out not to be as bad as they thought. So I'm out of plaster and ready to go. .

My Steel wasabi A45 has in the main compartment :
                        2 dresses, a long sleeve shirt and a skirt in a TB half PC
                        3 short sleeved shirts and two merino cardigans in the other half PC
                        1 stretch pants, I jeans and 1 fleecy jacket in a wasabi PCBP.
                        I have pajamas in the zip compartment in the top.
                        I have under wear and socks in a small wasabi SS.
                        An umbrella, , water bottle and Gortex rain jacket and sun hat are filling in the gaps.

In one side pocket I have a wasabi PCSB with a pair of Skechers and a pair of Birkenstocks inside. I also have a pair of gloves, a travel towel and sleep sheet in that compartment.

In the other side compartment I have two QCPC. One has electrics in one side and medicine in the other. The other cube has toiletries and various things like a washing line.

I'll be checking the A45 because I'm not sure about its size and what Chinese airlines require. I also have some long waits in airports and thought it would be good not to have to worry about the bag. I know most of you are probably feeling uncomfortable about that but it's suits me.

I'm taking my red blend and olive MCB on the plane.. It's got an azure medium DOP in the front pocket with paperwork for the trip. There is an olive small OP in the front pocket with a few bits and pieces in it.

In the main compartment I've got a COC with my one a day contact lenses (35 in all) and my glasses. I have my passport in a round the neck money belt and a Kiwi COW with cards, a burnt orange small DOP for different currencies when I get there.. I've also got a torch in the main section. In the pockets I have a phone, notepad, pen, comb and earbuds. I've got a size 2 SS folded in the front pocket to put the cardigan I'm wearing in if I get hot. My camera is in there as well. My iPad Air is in the back pocket with a standard cover and in a sleeve.

I have my waist strap in my forum gift and will use a luggage tag to hold my antiseptic hand lotion when I get there.

I've been lurking in the forums for months and have made one large purchase. I would like to thank everyone for their ideas. It's been such fun thinking about it all and trying to get a light load. The A 45 weighs 9 kg which I'm pretty pleased about. I'm not a minimalist packer but feel I have everything I need. I have heaps of room for purchases and have the PCSB and PCBP if needed on the way home.

@ewalkers thread about cameras enabled me to buy a Sony rx100 III ( I hope Moriond can find the thread.) I think it was also ewalker who had a great thread about PC in the A 45 which helped me enormously in making up my mind about what to buy. He was placing the PC in vertically rather than horizontally. Shipping costs to Australia are $65.00 i.e. a whole MCB so I really wanted the order to be right and thanks to you all I'm packed happy with what I've done and ready to go.

I'll try to post pics of my MCB in exotic locations !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice packing list, @SueK.

While I'm confident in the A45's ability to withstand the hold, please keep your electronics and medications on you. If the bag goes missing, if you have your drugs you'll at least be able to address the headache you'll undoubtedly get.

If you are already planning on doing this, please ignore me. I hope you will treat us to some photos when you get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with Badger! You can always put those things in a shopping bag to carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11318[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11320[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11321[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11322[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11323[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]11324[/ATTACH]
                              The picture in the car show the "moire" quality of Parapack.

Comment

NWhikergal,
                                Is that Nessie's cousin on the breakwater in the last photo? It is nice to know such creatures can tolerate a busy harbor area. (Said with a grin.) elisa

Comment

Working...
                                X