Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,786   Members: 6,895   Active Members: 240
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks @jujigatame, for sharing your TB Photos in your Flickr.
    There are a few photos like "Knot a big deal", CP41-42 "The Spring-Like KeyStrap" that really interest me. Do you know where can I get the "Spring-Like Keystraps"?

Oh yeah, plus your recent Orange 152 Knot. Wow, that's went really good with your current Linen SCB.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
      Thanks @jujigatame, for sharing your TB Photos in your Flickr.
      There are a few photos like "Knot a big deal", CP41-42 "The Spring-Like KeyStrap" that really interest me. Do you know where can I get the "Spring-Like Keystraps"?

Oh yeah, plus your recent Orange 152 Knot. Wow, that's went really good with your current Linen SCB.
      @weirdguy, Not sure about the Flickr sets, but I'm guessing that the "Spring-Like KeyStrap" may be one of the coiled lanyards from REI that are described in more detail in @jujigatame's My Co-Pilot: new pictures & thoughts thread, and that the numbering in your references correspond to the pictures in that thread about the Co-Pilot.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Also, for references to the knots that are used, you might check @jujigatame's Paracord pulls on my Brain Bag thread. Post #6 gives some links for sources on the web that show how to tie these. (Not sure whether this is all more information than you wanted to know).
      Last edited by moriond; 05-06-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

weirdguy - as usual moriond is on target with the info. I got those coil lanyards from REI.

Glad you like the pictures. It's nice to hear they are appreciated.

Comment

Addicted.

I'm in love with the MCB in Linen/Navy that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I have just rec'd the SCB in Black Dyneema/Wasabi and it's great-looking.

I have a LCB in Red Blend on order!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3355 (1).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	296384 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3357 (1).JPG
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	296385 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3358 (1).JPG
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	296386 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3359.JPG
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	296387

Comment

2 new adoptees showed up at my door today! 🙌

Comment

There are so many Parental Unit threads around by now, that I do not know where to put this. So it goes here:
              I had a teachers/parents conference the other day. I am not a huge fan of these events (too much moms in one place...) so I thought I will have a private smile and use my PU. Did I tell you, how much I love this bag? All in place, everything in its place and that hook on the outside? Genius!

Name:	IMG_0867.JPG
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	296388

Ilkyway
              “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                There are so many Parental Unit threads around by now, that I do not know where to put this. So it goes here:
                I had a teachers/parents conference the other day. I am not a huge fan of these events (too much moms in one place...) so I thought I will have a private smile and use my PU. Did I tell you, how much I love this bag? All in place, everything in its place and that hook on the outside? Genius!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11593[/ATTACH]

Ilkyway
                @ilkyway, this is not your usual EDC, is it? Struggle for me: so many great bags, so much time switching from one to another! Lol!

What's in your SS, unless it's personal. ...?

Comment

marytattoo I am not a "usual" person when it comes to bags. I go back and forth between bags as and carying stiles quite often. You might call me a bit restless when it comes to bags.
                  In the Travel Stuff Sack (size 1) are two tiny shop bags for "emergency" extra capacity needs. When I was packing the bag that TSS was kind of left over. I clipped it on there to try it and it worked really well. Not sure how it would work with heavy stuff though.

Ilkyway
                  “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

marytattoo I am not a "usual" person when it comes to bags. I go back and forth between bags as and carying stiles quite often. You might call me a bit restless when it comes to bags.
                    In the Travel Stuff Sack (size 1) are two tiny shop bags for "emergency" extra capacity needs. When I was packing the bag that TSS was kind of left over. I clipped it on there to try it and it worked really well. Not sure how it would work with heavy stuff though.

Ilkyway
                    I used to change bags a lot, too. I think that changed after I retired and daily needs weren't as complex.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11593[/ATTACH]

Ilkyway
                      Oh Ilkyway, these pics just pushed me over to hitting the "buy" button. This has been on my wish list for two months - I just couldn't envision it and I didn't realize how good it looks in use! Thank you!

Comment

Singapore

Traveling light.

Here is a shot of me arriving at Singapore airport. My friend couldn't believe how light I pack. In fact you can't see in this shot that I have an Aeronaut 45 in Steel/Wasabi on my back as well as the Pilot in Black Dyneema with Absolute Strap.

The other shot is me having laksa for breakfast at a hawker centre with my Pilot as my daily carry whilst traveling. I prefer this over taking my Synapse 19 whilst traveling because it is easier to access stuff without taking it off. The big pocket at the back makes taking maps and tickets out a lot easier.
                        Attached Files

Comment

WF after a long weekend Journey

Hi Darcy,
                          I was playing with this light after arriving late at night with my Steel WF in tow. I feel it really shows how beautiful Ballistic Nylon can be. I tagged TB in this picture on flickr, but I figured you'd appreciate if I posted it here as well.
                          Explore jeffgallophoto's photos on Flickr. jeffgallophoto has uploaded 177 photos to Flickr.

Name:	my-wf-back-on-terra-firma_17395463142_o.jpg
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	296405

Comment

Testing out my French Blue S25 and Steel Parental Unit last weekend.

Comment

Here are my navy pair--Aeronaut 45 and NFTD--after a 5 day trip to Toronto from LA. The NFTD is such a great under seat bag and the Aeronaut is big enough to handle all my stuff but still fit in the overhead bins of those all-too-common regional jets. The gate agent even tried to gate check it, but I said "No it fits in the overhead bins." She looked skeptical but Im sure she was surprised when I didn't come back to her to gate-check it.

Name:	IMG_4457.jpg
Size:	620.2 KB
ID:	296411

P.S. I did notice a slight difference between the navy on the Aeronaut and the NFTD. Not a complaint per se, but it was obvious in the low what institutional lighting of the airport:

Name:	IMG_4456.jpg
Size:	667.8 KB
ID:	296412

Comment

Originally posted by SWANK-E View Post
                                The other shot is me having laksa for breakfast at a hawker centre with my Pilot as my daily carry whilst traveling.
                                The bags look great, and that is a good-looking bowl of laksa. I went to Singapore many years ago as a kid and would love to go back, because this time I would try out the hawker stalls!

Comment

Working...
                                X