Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,605   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, bulletproofcharm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my adopted RB FJN today! Third time's the charm for this cute bag as there were two previous owners. I put my own twist on it with a quickly made decorative zipper pull...not really needed, but I thought the spiral complimented the curved seams of the zippers.
    Attached Files

Comment

My mom is a retired elementary school teacher who spent her entire career focused on reading, so she ALWAYS has a big collection of library books when my three daughters come over. Two dozen or so picture books is a heavy load for any tote bag, and hers was definitely not up to the job. Between the SSB's perfect size, the padded handles, and the UV-ness, there was clearly only one thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by terayon View Post
        My mom is a retired elementary school teacher who spent her entire career focused on reading, so she ALWAYS has a big collection of library books when my three daughters come over. Two dozen or so picture books is a heavy load for any tote bag, and hers was definitely not up to the job. Between the SSB's perfect size, the padded handles, and the UV-ness, there was clearly only one thing to do.

I've not really used my shop bags until last week when I was away. I was on retreat and planned to use my DLBP to carry a few things around the (large) monastery. But instead I flipped my shop bag inside out, put my travel mugs (1 for water and 1 for coffee) in the pockets, and inside, my back pillow, kindle, phone, and journal. Very light weight, walking all around. Worked better for this purpose than the DLBP.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Steel/UV Swift arrived today! And it's as gorgeous as I'd hoped. Seen here with a yarn swift "crown."

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434408004.808806.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	525.6 KB
ID:	296688

And I did change my mind about sending back the Dyneema Swift (of course!), so now have 5. Sure hope one of tomorrow's debut items isn't a non-black Dyneema Swift or I may well end up with 6.....

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
            Steel/UV Swift arrived today! And it's as gorgeous as I'd hoped. Seen here with a yarn swift "crown."

[ATTACH]12168[/ATTACH]

And I did change my mind about sending back the Dyneema Swift (of course!), so now have 5. Sure hope one of tomorrow's debut items isn't a non-black Dyneema Swift or I may well end up with 6.....
            Are these "extras" (non-book bags) in a rotation?

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
              Are these "extras" (non-book bags) in a rotation?

Yep. They take turns with the DLBCs as my work bag. And I normally use one as my second travel bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Look what arrived today - keeping me happy until debut tomorrow! French Blue/gray MCB and Nordic/solar SE! My pic doesn't do the colors justice, but both are beautiful. This is my first "French Blue" and I love it!Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1434417750449.jpg
Size:	604.8 KB
ID:	296689

(I don't know why the MCB looks gray/cocoa, but it's FB/gray.)

Comment

Another use for the Synapse 19's lower pocket: holding the turnips your boss gives you to take home. As they do.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434574933.110149.jpg
Size:	505.7 KB
ID:	296754
                  ----
                  All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                  Edmund Burke

Comment

Bchaplin, you crack me up.

Comment

Delighted with my new Island large Shop Bag

Today arrived the large Shop Bag in beautiful Island, made a quick test for fruit and veggies and beach towel and what can I say - the island LSB does it all ;)

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	449.7 KB
ID:	296780

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	601.1 KB
ID:	296781

Comment

I am LOVING every single picture I see of the new colors. Especially Island as it is exactly my favorite shade of blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Ok Pokilani, I will post a few more photos of NW sky and island combined with a few other colors in case that helps for comparative purposes. I got a bit of help during the process.
                          P.S. Some people wish they had a zest travel tray to match an orange back paw.

One thing that is really difficult to convey in photos is that NW sky has an almost magical sheen to it in certain lights in the same way that parapack does. I am very fond of it as well.

Last edited by NWhikergal; 06-18-2015, 07:15 PM.
                          "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                          "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
                            Ok Pokilani, I will post a few more photos of NW sky and island combined with a few other colors in case that helps for comparative purposes. I got a bit of help during the process.

One thing that is really difficult to convey in photos is that NW sky has an almost magical sheen to it in certain lights in the same way that parapack does. I am very fond of it as well.

Can't wait till my box(es) arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks so much, @NWhikergal. Those colors together make my heart skip a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post

*waves to kitty*

What a great spread of cool colours. Now I would really like something like a cafe bag in Navy pp/NWS... oh, that would be heavenly.

Comment

Working...
                                X