Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,301   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French blue DLBP went for a ride on a Ferris wheel today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Great shot Brenda! Like the painted toes in it as well!

Comment

And are those toenails zesty orange?

Comment

Originally posted by helen_uk View Post
          Great shot Brenda! Like the painted toes in it as well!
          Originally posted by ncb4 View Post
          And are those toenails zesty orange?
          I can take no credit for the photo or the toes. Both are my friend's who was in the car above me :-)

Comment

Daylight Briefcase as EDC and Camera Bag in Iran

My first post; so hope it works. I appreciate all of the amazing posts by others on the forums. They helped me decide on two TB bags that I recently took on a tour of Iran. A black/ultraviolet Western Flyer was a great carryon bag; while a linen DLBC was a fantastic daily travel bag that I used to carry my camera (a Panasonic GM5 + Olympus 12-40/2.8), small organizer pouch with some local currency, and other items needed during the day. The photos were taken at an old cararvanserai which had been converted into a restaurant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	654.8 KB
ID:	296879Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010658.jpg
Size:	758.9 KB
ID:	296877Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010656.jpg
Size:	740.0 KB
ID:	296878

Comment

@Juanito That was a great first post!
              Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Am I the only voting for a limited edition nail polish in island and zest? Or maybe even coloured knitting needels?

😀😀

Comment

Originally posted by filou View Post
                  Am I the only voting for a limited edition nail polish in island and zest? Or maybe even coloured knitting needels?

[emoji3][emoji3]
                  Nope, I would vote for that, too!

Comment

[QUOTE=Juanito;104812]My first post; so hope it works. I appreciate all of the amazing posts by others on the forums. They helped me decide on two TB bags that I recently took on a tour of Iran. A black/ultraviolet Western Flyer was a great carryon bag; while a linen DLBC was a fantastic daily travel bag that I used to carry my camera (a Panasonic GM5 + Olympus 12-40/2.8), small organizer pouch with some local currency, and other items needed during the day. The photos were taken at an old cararvanserai which had been converted into a restaurant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010612.jpg
Size:	654.8 KB
ID:	296879[QUOTE]

How did you manage to find a place that matches your linen DLBC so beautifully? The addition of the red zipper pulls to match the red in the TB label really stands out against the "light latte" of the linen...great idea!

Comment

How did you manage to find a place that matches your linen DLBC so beautifully? The addition of the red zipper pulls to match the red in the TB label really stands out against the "light latte" of the linen...great idea![/QUOTE]

Sometimes you just get lucky with photographs. This time there were lots of opportunities because red is a color frequently used in Persian carpets. I chose the red zipper pulls for the reason you mentioned. They also worked well as a quick visual check to make sure all zippers were closed when we walked through crowded bazaars, getting in and out of vehicles, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Juanito View Post
                        How did you manage to find a place that matches your linen DLBC so beautifully? The addition of the red zipper pulls to match the red in the TB label really stands out against the "light latte" of the linen...great idea!
                        Sometimes you just get lucky with photographs. This time there were lots of opportunities because red is a color frequently used in Persian carpets. I chose the red zipper pulls for the reason you mentioned. They also worked well as a quick visual check to make sure all zippers were closed when we walked through crowded bazaars, getting in and out of vehicles, etc.[/QUOTE]
                        Brilliant!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've said that I think French Blue and Island are close colors. What do you think? Here is a MCB in FB with an Island SSS.

And with the new colors in OPs.

I was excited to acquire an Imago. I've heard great things about this bag, and may like it better than the PU for a knitting/all purpose bag because I can just stuff in knitting stuff sacks and it has the back flat slip pocket. (I still adore my swifts, though!) I'm a bit OCD with feeling the need to use every single PU pocket! I'm not a red person any more than an Orange person, but just like zest finally connected me with Orange, the crimson Imago sold me on red.

Here is the inside of the Imago:

And with Island and Sky (zest just doesn't work!)

Mary

Comment

@marytattoo, The match in color between Island and French Blue is closer with the most recent batch of French Blue Cordura products: I have a 3DCOC that came in recently (tags still on) that is closer to Island than my earlier FB Daylight Backpack or organizer pouches in French Blue. It's not fading in the color, but rather the small variation in different production batches that makes the sheen on the current material look a little more intense and a slightly closer match to Island. At the same time, I like Island in Dyneema more than I like French Blue in Cordura. The overall effect is different, and more like a teal blue. Gauging the overall effect of colors with the patterned Dyneema grid is difficult. For example, before Iberian Dyneema was released, there were a lot of forum requests for a "red" Dyneema product, and Darcy said that many of the experimental tries came out looking like pink. And even though the color of Wasabi Dyneema matches the color of solid 500d Wasabi Cirdura that was used as a lining staple for so long, I still like the solid Wasabi better for lining functions than the Wasabi Dyneema (which is not to say that I think it could compete with a Wasabi Shop Bag in beauty).

BTW, up until early this year (when the number of available colors exploded, including new colors like Red Blend, Azure, Orange 152' Grey, etc.), all the 3D Clear Organizer Cubes used to have a strip of Wasabi on the bottom. For the Cordura 3DCOCs it would be 500d Wasabi Cordura, and for the Dyneema 3DCOCs it used to be Wasabi Dyneema. This was universally true, regardless of the color of the cube -- Azalea, Indigo, Storm, Plum, Turquoise, etc. all had a strip of Wasabi on the bottom. this was similarly true of my Dyneema 3DCOCs -- I just checked a Solar and an Iberian 3DCOC, and both have Strips of Wasabi Dyneema on the bottom. I haven't seen this commented on elsewhere, so I thought I'd add a note.

Beautiful reds in your old Crimson/Steel/Crimson (Yang) Imago. That lining is 500d Crimson Cordura. I miss these vivid reds from the current line-up of colors. And I was amazed that they managed to dig up enough 500d Crimson Cordura to offer it for the bags like the ID, Ego, and Super Ego (see Darcy's To Be Retired: ID, Ego, Super Ego, Zephyr, Field Journal Notebook post; Zephyr and FJN are now retired but the remaining bags all still have versions with Crimson interiors). My original Aeronaut (from the first batch made) is Crimson Ballistic Nylon, as is my (discontinued, but still regularly used by me) Lux bag that was the predecessor of the Swift.

HTH

moriond

Comment

I agree, @moriond: the Island Dyneema does remind me of teal [though I don't have any French Blue to compare it to]. But what I want to know. @marytattoo, is who you had to bribe to get those OPs in Zest and Island Dyneema. So beautiful!

~Nancy

Comment

moriond - off-topic but do you recall which shade(s) of red were used for the Smart Alec? I scored one off eBay but don't know if it's Crimson or Cardinal. Either way, I love it, but was just curious. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X