Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,188   Members: 6,595   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, bosticderek.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One-bagging for long weekend with Steel Ballsitic/UV NFTD (looking diminutive in the overhead bin on Allegiant Air)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	NFTD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	297061

... and road-tripping with Black Dyneema/Iberian Tri-Star in St. Petersburg, FL.

Name:	TS.jpg
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	297062

Comment

It's weird that the left and right sides of the bed are in slightly different time zones.

I love your little Night Flight! I'm a new fan of steel, and love seeing pictures of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks View Post
        It's weird that the left and right sides of the bed are in slightly different time zones.

I love your little Night Flight! I'm a new fan of steel, and love seeing pictures of it.
        Thanks, @Rocks.

I am a big Steel fan, too. It may look unexciting in some photos, but in person Steel Ballistic is marvelous, with a wonderful sheen and dimensionality.

Steel goes with everything, and I love the contrast between the subtle exterior + the splash of color of a Dyneema interior.

Have only traveled with the Night Flight twice so far, but it has quickly become one of my faves.

Comment

Verde is my new favorite color!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437571492.885242.jpg
Size:	434.8 KB
ID:	297075

Ever since a kind forum member rehomed this fabulous Little Swift to me, I've been collecting accessories to match it. I hope this color sticks around. I am not sure I like it as much in larger bags, but I think it looks really nice in smaller doses. I enjoy it paired with other neutrals like black, grey and steel. Even the UV interior is ok though I'd prefer steel as a match.

I like Verde better than the two previous greens that were offered.

Unbelievably, I now have two Little Swifts, both acquired after it was discontinued. The other one is black, and I use it with equal frequency.
          ----
          All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
          Edmund Burke

Comment

I really, really love picking up nice second hand items, partly because they are usually no longer made and partly? mainly? because it means something isn't going to waste. I was lucky enough to grab an old-style foam padded pouch, and absolutely *heart* it. The old foam is squishy and/but firm like nothing else is, and it's replaced my ultrasuede Nook pouch as my portable HD case. Perfect. My current laptop is giving up the ghost, and I wish I could get a cache in the old foam to accompany whatever smaller laptop it is that I'll be getting.

Here it is with a Nordic COW-- also a treasured second-hand goodie-- that's currently in rotation.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	297086
            Last edited by adalangdon; 07-25-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

My laptop is acting up for a while now. This gives me the oppertunity to try and improve posting via phone...

Went shoe-shoping with my oldest daughter yesterday and could not resist taking this picture:

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	555.3 KB
ID:	297087

By the way: as soon as my daughter realised what I was about to do she turned around and acted as if she did not know me :-P

Ilkyway
              “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Holy crap! Thinking Nancy Sinatra song "these boots are made for walking". #earworm

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                  My laptop is acting up for a while now. This gives me the oppertunity to try and improve posting via phone...

Went shoe-shoping with my oldest daughter yesterday and could not resist taking this picture:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12729[/ATTACH]

By the way: as soon as my daughter realised what I was about to do she turned around and acted as if she did not know me :-P

Ilkyway
                  Lovely!! Your SA fits right in. :)

Did you purchase the shoes to the left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." — Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbird View Post
                    Lovely!! Your SA fits right in. :)

Did you purchase the shoes to the left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    no because admittatly the shoes out of stone are nearer to my size then the other

Ilkyway
                    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Aeronaut 45 in Guangzhou Baiyun Airport. Domestic flight to Shanghai. Almost fully stuffed but fit no problems. Boarding agents did not give me a second look for the bag.

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Packing for our annual trip to Wisconsin--we are bringing a lot of TB gear!

Pictured: Swift, Little Swift, A45, Night Flight Travel Duffel, Daylight Backpack, a bunch of shop bags (both sizes), and a vast quantity of stuff sacks and other accessories.

Not pictured, but tagging along: linen SCB and my husband's Cadet.

ETA: the big bag to the right is our giant Lands End (or maybe LL Bean, I don't remember) tote bag that we use for the beach. I tried to replace it with two large shop bags, but was vetoed because apparently carried a giant, heavy canvas tote bag to the beach is "tradition."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Is that a large shop bag you have your books in?

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                              Packing for our annual trip to Wisconsin--we are bringing a lot of TB gear!

Pictured: Swift, Little Swift, A45, Night Flight Travel Duffel, Daylight Backpack, a bunch of shop bags (both sizes), and a vast quantity of stuff sacks and other accessories.

Not pictured, but tagging along: linen SCB and my husband's Cadet.

ETA: the big bag to the right is our giant Lands End (or maybe LL Bean, I don't remember) tote bag that we use for the beach. I tried to replace it with two large shop bags, but was vetoed because apparently carried a giant, heavy canvas tote bag to the beach is "tradition."

Do I recognize that DLBP? I've been staring at my TB stash today... WANT. NEW. STUFF. But it's a case of "all dressed up with no where to go"!

Comment

Originally posted by prairiegl View Post
                                Is that a large shop bag you have your books in?
                                Yes, a large shop bag in Zest, crammed full with books and magazines.

And @marytattoo Yes, you recognize that DLBP :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X