Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,771   Posts: 190,613   Members: 6,655   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, Oliver18.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Photos Are Needed

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
    @WenV, that's a beautiful Olive Parapack Mini Fabric OP!!!
    Is its border Steel Parapack too? Because comparing your Luggage Tag's border, it doesn't look like the usual Black border.
    That pouch is adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ANM View Post
      Bring a waterproof jacket. It seems to have done nothing but rain all summer.
      And don't forget waterproof shoes! If you don't have them, at least get a waterproofing spray.

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
        @WenV, that's a beautiful Olive Parapack Mini Fabric OP!!!
        Is its border Steel Parapack too? Because comparing your Luggage Tag's border, it doesn't look like the usual Black border.
        Sorry for the late reply...the Olive Parapak Mini pouch does have a Steel Parapak border around it. Very cute! [emoji2]

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Braving the masses for an early morning flight to DC. I normally take my Smart Alec and Pilot but this time I took my 20 inch roll aboard with my Co-Pilot, and I am delighted with the combination. The pass through sleeve in the Co-Pilot works perfectly!

Last edited by NWhikergal; 08-17-2015, 07:48 AM.
          "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
          "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

My large organizer pouch in cocoa and my mom's large organizer in wasabi.

Large organizer pouches
            by Nate E, on Flickr

Comment

My new-to-me Ruck's Sac enjoying some indoor late afternoon sun. I really like the design of this TARDIS bag. The main compartment holds a ton for a bag this size. Features-wise, it's more my kind of small backpack than the S19-- relatively few compartments and plenty of depth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	297229

Never mind the tentacles in my bag. Not pictured inside are my 11" laptop, pencil case, FJN, and Hobonichi. I took advantage of the Wasabi carabiner release to order the KTPs that I don't have. I reorganised some backpack essentials into the carabiner/KTP system and find that this arrangement makes it much easier for me to switch between bags, since I need only unhook the carabiner instead of 3 different pouches. Very convenient!

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	297231

Tons of space in the front pocket. Although I'm still wondering why the bag comes with a "triangle ring" instead of the usual O-rings, the triangle ring works just as well.

Name:	IMG_0266.JPG
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	297230

Comment

Oh I always wondered, why this one was discontinued. What a great find adalangdon! How do you like it? It looks great to me!

Ilkyway
                “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                  Oh I always wondered, why this one was discontinued. What a great find adalangdon! How do you like it? It looks great to me!

Ilkyway
                  Oh, it's pretty awesome. The main compartment is 13cm deep so I can put a lot of stuff there. Unlike the S19 there are no pockets to "cheat" you of depth, so you get the whole 13cm... I stuff it with my laptop, FJN, MOC, KTPs, pencil case, etc. and there is some vertical space leftover. The trade-off is that it doesn't look as streamlined or as grown-up/sophisticated, but I like the look as it reminds me of some packs that I had as a kid. While the S19 is my default pack most of the time, I've always felt it had a bit too much in-built organisation for my liking. The giant (relatively speaking) main compartment and protruding front pocket of the Ruck's Sac is just about right for me, even though it means I have stuff dangling off the O-rings in the main compartment.

Both the back panel and bottom of the bag have foam padding that is still in great shape despite the bag's age (I think it is maybe 7 years old). And of course the foam straps, while softer than what I'm used to, are still super comfy! I have no doubt this bag has a lot of life left in it.

(Like many TB bags that I've purchased second hand, this one was pretty grubby, so I scrubbed it to the best of my ability and got it clean shortly after receiving it.)
                  Last edited by adalangdon; 08-19-2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

The first pacifier disappeared somewhere on the 3 mile walk out along Dungeness Spit. When the second (and last) disappeared somewhere on the walk back and 3 grown men began walking the beach in a line in search of it (and incredibly managed to find it!) I knew it was time for a Tom Bihn hack.

Meet key strap as pacifier holder. Clip one end through a button hole on the jacket and the other through the opening in the paci.

Name:	IMG_1823.JPG
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	297232

Importance of maintaining the paci? Evidently the child will not sleep without it.

Comment

Finally managed to score a solar se!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zmanlane View Post
                        Finally managed to score a solar se!!!
                        Wow, that puppy is new with tags, too. Nice find! I wish I had gotten a solar SE back when they were available. What a cheerful pop of color.

Comment

Can't tell if my light setup needs adjusting or it's just the limits of the phone camera, but the wasabi strap came out quite dull in this one.

key straps
                          by Nate E, on Flickr

Edit: I fiddled with the color a bit in Flickr, seems better now.

key straps edit
                          by Nate E, on Flickr
                          Last edited by jujigatame; 08-20-2015, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Lake Lena with DLBP

Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema DLBC and DLBP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes.

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

I had a very fruitful visit to the farmer's market today and used my Smart Alec to haul all of my goodies. The best part is that an 11 liter REI soft cooler with Yeti ice pack fit perfectly in the bottom of the pack to store some cold items, then I stacked some lovely fruit and veggies on top. Perfect! Oddly, I felt inexplicably thirsty by the time I finished up (see last photo).

Name:	SA market.jpg
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	297238

Name:	Mkt3.jpg
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	297239

Name:	Mkt1.jpg
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	297240

Name:	Mkt2.jpg
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	297241

Name:	Mkt4.jpg
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	297242
                              Last edited by NWhikergal; 08-23-2015, 06:11 PM.
                              "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                              "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

8-inch Black Key Strap bracelet with Zebra charm :)

Name:	Keystrap Bracelet.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	297243

Comment

Working...
                                X