Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,562   Members: 6,642   Active Members: 255
Welcome to our newest member, cleyon.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry-on for family of five, for 7 weeks

We did it - so far at least - carry on only thanks to 3 aeronauts (two 45s and one 30), 2 cafe bags (med and small) one DLBP, plus two shopping bags for occasional extras. The youngest two kids are carrying their regular school bags. Kids aged 13, 11 and 9 are each carrying about 4 kg. adults carrying about 8kg.

We all love the bags and stuff sacks, organiser pouches, etc, although the kids love to tease me about being a Tom bihnion fanatic!
    Attached Files

Comment

Five week European honeymoon w/two brand new Aeronauts.

Fresh and clean at SFO (San Francisco)

Riding the Caledonian Sleeper from London To Edinburgh

Impromptu footrest at MAD (Madrid)

Ready to go at BCN (Barcelona)

On the way to SPU (Split, Croatia)

Jill looking strong at BRU (Brussels)

Comment

@marcbertone congratiolations on your wedding, welcome to the forum and great pictures!

I think Burned Orange and Verde look just stunning together!

Ilkyway
        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

My family and I went to the first "balloon glow" ever in our area this weekend, and it was a beautiful evening! My Wasabi Shop Bag, Orange 152 SCB, and the ever handy Guardian light tagged along. The latter was particularly helpful navigating the crowd in the dark to get to the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	795.3 KB
ID:	297356Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0081.jpg
Size:	397.0 KB
ID:	297357
          A30 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, PCSB Iberian, S19 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, SE Forest/UV, SCB Orange 152/Navy , A30 End Pocket PC Steel Dyneema, TSS in various sizes: Solar, Iberian, Wasabi, Steel, and Zest. 3D COC Orange 152, COP Cayenne, Small OP Solar, COW Wasabi, LSB Wasabi, SSB Zest, PCBP Steel, TT Zest,

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

No pink gate check tag for this Dyneema Diva. Normally, I do not like matchy-matchy, but this makes me happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Navy parapack/Iberian S19 and Steel/Steel SE in the morning sun, waiting to go home :-) This is my first time traveling with a parapack backpack, and I like how easy it is to wipe surface dirt off this thing. It cleans up faster than my cordura S19s for sure.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442794166.463931.jpg
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	297364

Comment

on a recent work related trip to Stratford upon Avon

Name:	IMG_0321.jpg
Size:	812.5 KB
ID:	297365

Comment

We went to the Eat Real Festival (Eat Real Fest) at Jack London Square in Oakland, California on Sunday.

We brought lots of resealable plastic baggies with us because we knew we wanted to sample a lot of different dishes--our plan was to save all our leftovers so we wouldn't get full on too few items. So rather than bringing a smaller bag, I took my black Dyneema Daylight Backpack... and it was perfect!

Here I am in front of the Koja Kitchen truck waiting for my order--they serve Korean-Japanese food. I got their "Zen Koja", a vegan burger of soy and portobello, sandwiched between their "fried garlic rice bun"--yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

While in Las Vegas, I visited Red Rock Canyon Conservation Area with my Ristretto 13 in tow...we both had fun climbing the "rocks" :)

Name:	Ristretto1.jpg
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	297371

Name:	Ristretto2.jpg
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	297372

Noooo ... little Ristretto ... don't wander away!

Name:	Ristretto3.jpg
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	297369

The blue arrow shows where I was (I believe) when I took the pictures. Note the purple people for size reference.

Name:	WhereRistrettoWas.jpg
Size:	609.4 KB
ID:	297373

Here is another photo of the larger mountains (that I did not climb!)

Name:	RedRockCanyon.jpg
Size:	703.6 KB
ID:	297370

The Red Rock Canyon is a very nice Conservation Area and has some great hiking trails and ways to climb the mountains if you are looking for something to do other than gambling in Las Vegas.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by tpnl; 09-23-2015, 12:53 AM.
                    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Packing cube shoulder bag in action as minimal hiking pack.

I had two 10oz. Water bottles, a mini FAK, snacks, lip balm, and a journal hiking in to see the waterfall. On the way out I had a few river rocks and flowers in addition.
                      I think I need to go on many many more hikes. :)
                      I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

Mid-Autumn Festival

Name:	Making Mooncake.jpg
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	297382
                        Mid-Autumn Festival, which is easily associated with Lantern and Mooncake, falls on this coming Sunday 27/09/2015. I think most will celebrate on Saturday night. Tomorrow at Asia.

My wife and I were helping out my parents to make more Chilled Mooncakes (冰皮月饼) for our relatives. It is our first year making and this is actually our forth and last round over the past few days. Each round took about 1-2 hours (may vary depends on Ingredient Preparation), we made about 30-50 pieces. Most of them, we are giving to my Father's customers, a gratitude for their support. Kinda like Tom Bihn did every December. Hopefully, everyone enjoy it. It is hard to fulfill everyone taste-bud. Can I say this is quite related to Thanksgiving?

Anyway, I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone here and the Staffs for your extremely kind hearts and patience. I am continually being amazed and touched. I always reminded myself of the high/positive spirit of you guys so I could try to do my part to make the World better. At least, from my radius. I know, I may sound naive especially with recent so many negativity around the World. A small start wouldn't hurt, right?

All the best. Have a great weekend too!
                        Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                        Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                        Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                        Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Weirdguy, what an awesome post! (I'll have a green one, please.)

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
                            My wife and I were helping out my parents to make more Chilled Mooncakes (冰皮月饼) for our relatives. It is our first year making and this is actually our forth and last round over the past few days. Each round took about 1-2 hours (may vary depends on Ingredient Preparation), we made about 30-50 pieces. Most of them, we are giving to my Father's customers, a gratitude for their support. Kinda like Tom Bihn did every December. Hopefully, everyone enjoy it. It is hard to fulfill everyone taste-bud. Can I say this is quite related to Thanksgiving?
                            The snow skin looks great, @weirdguy. Snow skin with reduced sugar lotus paste is my favourite. (And since my tastes are really traditional, I don't like the ones with all the novelty fillings!) However, we aren't having any mooncakes this year as my hubs is cutting down on sugar. Hope you have a good lantern/mid-autumn festival!
                            Last edited by adalangdon; 09-25-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

@wierdguy They look so pretty! How could you eat them?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks View Post
                                Weirdguy, what an awesome post! (I'll have a green one, please.)
                                Sure, @Rocks. I am delighted to make a few for you but we have to live in the same town first :P Because the Chilled/Snow Mooncake couldn't last long in non-chilled form. Normally, we ask to finish eating them within 3 days, after it is being freshly made to ensure consistent taste and texture. And it had to be kept and served quickly from Fridge.

By the way @Rocks, I called the green one "Wasabi". Eversince (I think everyone here too. At least almost everyone) joining the Tom Bihn Forum, I'd been calling every color with Tom Bihn Color. The Wasabi / Green is not actually make of Wasabi but is made of slight pinch of Green Tea Powder or Matcha. Originally, the Mooncake's Skin is white.

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                                The snow skin looks great, @weirdguy. Snow skin with reduced sugar lotus paste is my favourite. (And since my tastes are really traditional, I don't like the ones with all the novelty fillings!) However, we aren't having any mooncakes this year as my hubs is cutting down on sugar. Hope you have a good lantern/mid-autumn festival!
                                Me too, @adalangdon. Those sell in the Market even though it stated Reduced Sugar is still quite sugary for my taste. I don't eat them much, until this year. I would said our homemade Mooncake is 50% even less sweet. Also, I normally prefer a Thick Skin Snow Mooncake with less filling/paste. Best, if there is Dragon Fruit blended-filling. The taste is super awesome! But we still don't know how to make those yet!

Actually, I'm not sure why. My mum used Red Bean Paste, rather than the usual Lotus Paste. It is an interesting combo. My mum even made limited quantity of White Bean Paste.

Originally posted by Saltgirl View Post
                                @wierdguy They look so pretty! How could you eat them?
                                Haha. I could easily relate that. When I was delivering those Boxes of Mooncake, some young female Staffs said similar - small, "pretty" and "colorful". We put 6 Mooncake in each Box. A mix of available colors. In this round, we would place 2 Wasabi (Green), 2 Pink and 2 Zest (Orange).
                                Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                                Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                                Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                                Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Working...
                                X