Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,269   Members: 6,717   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, dougwierzba2.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also just taken delivery of a dyneema PU but am having trouble uploading a photo. However, I can vouch that it's a fantastic bag. I love the messenger style of the PU and use my ballistic one regularly as an edc. The dyneema version is more casual, so much lighter (my first dyneema bag) and the extra give is a definite plus. For me, this will also be my go-to personal item when traveling as well as an amazing edc.

Comment

Harvest Colors in Frost

MCB in linen, DLBC in burnt orange , 3DCOC in orange 152 & OP in cork
      Click image for larger version

Name:	HarvestColorsinFrost2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,010.4 KB
ID:	297642

Comment

Originally posted by Proctor View Post
        MCB in linen, DLBC in burnt orange , 3DCOC in orange 152 & OP in cork
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]13560[/ATTACH]
        I absolutely love the colors, Proctor!

But the frost makes me want to stay in bed and just enjoy a warm cup of tea! :)
        -m

Comment

Proctor wow, this would make a great postcard!
          “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

I'll give this a go again. See initial commentary in #945, but basically this is a "full cram" for testing capacity between the dyneema PU and the ballistic.

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	947.9 KB
ID:	297647

Here it is all crammed in....

Size:	850.5 KB
ID:	297648

All zipped up...

Size:	607.2 KB
ID:	297649

From the front...looks like a stuffed burrito

Size:	781.4 KB
ID:	297650

From the back...

Size:	723.1 KB
ID:	297651

From the side...

Size:	773.9 KB
ID:	297652

Here's the same pack inside the ballistic PU. Can't quite get everything in, and to top won't zip even an inch...

Size:	768.5 KB
ID:	297653

That was fun!
            Last edited by Bijouxandbeads; 10-22-2015, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bijouxandbeads View Post

Here's the same pack inside the ballistic PU. Can't quite get everything in, and to top won't zip even an inch...
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]13571[/ATTACH]

That was fun!
              Dangit, now I want a Dyneema version! I have a few too many times where I hit this point - can't QUITE get everything in, and or can't zip. Great post, thanks!!
              Swift (Plum/Forest), Synapse 25 (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Aeronaut 30 (Navy/NWS), Aeronaut 45 (Black Dyneema/Island), Side Effect (Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Co-Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet])Small Cafe Bag (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Medium Cafe Bag (Grey/Olive), Large Cafe Bag (Black Dyneema/Solar), Daylight Backpack (Black Dyneema), and assorted accessories and smaller items in lots of colors.

Comment

Fantastic pictures and labeling Bijouxandbeads ... LOVE the Darth Vader keychain! ;)

Cheers!
                TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Bijouxandbeads thise are great pictures! Not only do you give a detailed overview what is all in that PU of yours but your comparision with the balistic one is impressive. I love how Balistic keeps its structure and I adore my Aubergine PU for its gorgous color but this makes me hope once more, that we will see a second 400er Dyneema color in the future.

I have something small for you: My size 4 Knitting Tool Pouch as an on the go cable-kitt. This conteins everything I might need to recharch my most used teck: MP3-Player, phone, tablet and e-reader. Needing just one cable with two additional adapters made this kitt quite portable in my opinion. Thouse batteries are for my Guardian Light which is in the big bag of the day what ever I am useing.

Name:	IMB_4336.JPG
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	297654 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMB_4341.jpg
Size:	546.6 KB
ID:	297655

Ilkyway
                  “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

Bijouxandbeads...What a wonderfully thorough comparison of the two PUs (excuse the way the plural of the acronym looks)! Definitely makes me want one, though I've been trying to convince myself to wait for the launch of the new cross-body in case that is equally irresistible.

Ilkyway...your Aubergine OP looks great, but I keep focusing on the gorgeous marble (?) countertop, *drool*

Comment

Wow, that dyneema PU is tempting me even though I'm not a dyneema person and have never really been tempted by the PU before! I feel like the dyneema with that shape would make the bag conform very well to the body when worn - can someone who has one of these beauties say if that's true? Though, yes, also trying to wait for the new cross-body bag...

Comment

threeteez that is a tiny nightstand type of thing that stands conveniontly next to a window and therefor has a bit of light. :-D

Comment

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	630.8 KB
ID:	297669Fall colors:

Size:	597.5 KB
ID:	297668

Comment

Winter wonderland:Click image for larger version

Size:	376.2 KB
ID:	297670Click image for larger version

Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	297671

Comment

Quite excited to now have a kiwi luggage tag, from a fellow forum member! This is a color that I like very much, though in small doses. In real life it is even more greenish and less yellow than the photo, and so bright that it almost fluoresces -- perfect for a luggage tag, right?

Name:	tags.JPG
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	297672

I have found that my business cards, which would be my choice as an insert for these tags, do not fit exactly*. I would need to trim the corners of the card first. Has anyone tried out MOO's mini cards? I'm curious if they would fit without modification.

(In case anyone is wondering why I have so many tags, I like to put them on every bag, even the small ones, when I'm traveling. Also, there are so many pretty colors!)

EDIT: See the next few posts. It turns out that my business cards are a non-standard shape.
                              Last edited by bchaplin; 10-24-2015, 06:54 PM.
                              ----
                              All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                              Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                                I have found that my business cards, which would be my choice as an insert for these tags, do not fit exactly. I would need to trim the corners of the card first. Has anyone tried out MOO's mini cards? I'm curious if they would fit without modification.

(In case anyone is wondering why I have so many tags, I like to put them on every bag, even the small ones, when I'm traveling. Also, there are so many pretty colors!)
                                @bchaplin, Can you either give the dimensions of your business card that doesn't fit when you try to insert it into the luggage tag, or show a picture that gives the boundaries of the card when it overlies the front of the luggage tag? (You can flip to show the back of the card overlying the front window of the luggage tag -- I'm only interested in the sizing information here.) The reason I'm asking, is that when we were first shown a prototype design of the luggage tag, with a different (slanted) opening design for inserting cards, I checked this against the largest business cards I had, and also did a web search of the standard business card sizes world-wide. (The standard ones in Australia and Southeast Asia are slightly larger than some of the European ones I sent back pictures of to Darcy, and also some U.S, businesses or restaurants with European, etc. branches used the larger cards). I also pointed out that even if it were possible to insert the larger business cards (with some difficulty, by flexing them), it would be vastly more useful to also adopt a design where you could easily insert rigid cards, like transit cards and hotel key cards.

So, you're quite correct that many people will try to insert their business cards into the luggage tags, and I'm curious as to how the fit fails for you. (I should add that since I'm also a Kiwi enthusiast, I ordered most of my luggage tags when this product was first released, before they ran out of Kiwi Ballistic Nylon. So if there was a later size modification, I wouldn't be aware of it. But I think they only made the handle loop longer?)

Do you mean MOO cards (source of custom business cards) for your query about mini business cards fitting?

moriond

And, totally off topic, but I don't usually add too many comments to a photos thread to disrupt the flow, but I have to express my admiration of @proctor's awesome picture that my fellow mods have already commented on. Terrific texture in the frost and colors.
                                Last edited by moriond; 10-24-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X