Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,287   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a picture of the photo shoot. In case you're wondering, the DLBP did fall off the little ledge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm traveling to Florida later this week for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and since it's a pretty hectic week, I did most of my packing today.

Here's a photo of my new Aubergine/Zest A30 waiting to be packed and being admired by a kitty:

And one of me surrounded by pouches, Q-Kits, key straps, and other bits and bobs as I decide what need to go into my cafe bag:

My husband took the second pic because he found it hilarious for some reason. And then he wanted to know if I had been consulting y’all regarding my packing :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

All packed up and leaving the mountain.

Comment

What is the item in the far lower right corner that is purple/lavendar with white?

I've noticed KC has been getting some pretty chilly temps (and occasionally some snow?) I bet you'll be glad to get to a warmer climate for awhile. Ours has been sooo very unseasonal that I would love, love to see some snow.

Comment

I don't view this thread that often -- what a handsome/beeyutiful kitten resselfr!

I just don't get a chance to travel often. ��
            Last edited by prairiegl; 02-15-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

My 14 year-old daughter in Joshua Tree National Park during a hike, yesterday. The blue of her Synapse was beautiful, but you should have seen the blue sky in Joshua Tree. We'll be back to continue our explorations in the park before the summer heat.

Comment

Originally posted by prairiegl View Post
                What is the item in the far lower right corner that is purple/lavendar with white?

I've noticed KC has been getting some pretty chilly temps (and occasionally some snow?) I bet you'll be glad to get to a warmer climate for awhile. Ours has been sooo very unseasonal that I would love, love to see some snow.
                The white is an IKEA storage box, the purple is a Moleskine notebook, and the blue us a knitting notions tin. They are all piled on each other, looking like one object.

It really hasn't been that cold here (just for a couple of days) and almost no snow. I'm bummed because I like winter. But I am looking forward to going to the beach!

Comment

I guess it would be the lower left -- I referred to it as right because it would be my right as I'm viewing it.

Comment

Beautiful shots of Joshua Tree National Park, @EricSB, and love your Indigo Synapse, along with its earlier adventure shots..

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                      Beautiful shots of Joshua Tree National Park, @EricSB, and love your Indigo Synapse, along with its earlier adventure shots..

moriond
                      Well done! Yes, this Synapse has had quite a few adventures with more to come :)

Comment

My Olive/Navy MCB at Venice Beach, FL. We are both very happy to be here :-)

Comment

I am drowning in Tom Bihn goodness right now. Some observations and questions.

The Freudian Slip for my Small Cafe Bag EXACTLY fits my rail pass, which is high on the list of things I should not lose next month. I am SO excited about these new FS's. I think they make everything so much more usable and organized.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1122.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	298241

Will the Small Cafe Bag be small enough to get me past the unforgiving eyes of German museum guards?

(Since I haven't actually been to Germany yet, I'm extrapolating from my prior experiences with Swiss and Israeli museum guards. The one thing I've learned so far in my travels is that museum guards of any nationality do not seem happy about us bag-toting tourists.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1123.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	298242

And finally: Is navy or grey a better color to blend in with the chic Europeans? Not that the rest of me will be in any way chic...
                          ----
                          All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                          Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                            I am drowning in Tom Bihn goodness right now. Some observations and questions.

(Since I haven't actually been to Germany yet, I'm extrapolating from my prior experiences with Swiss and Israeli museum guards. The one thing I've learned so far in my travels is that museum guards of any nationality do not seem happy about us bag-toting tourists.)
                            There's a reason for that! I work at a museum and it's amazing how many people aren't very aware of their surroundings and will brush by/bump artworks. (Not saying that the noble band of Tom Bihnites would ever behave so poorly!) Although mostly it's people taking pictures-- whether selfies or otherwise. I've witnessed, and called out, some truly clueless people posing in front of very paintings while their bags touch the art.

And then there's the old joke that sculpture's the stuff you bump into when you're backing up to look at a painting...

PS, a lot of museums do not allow backpacks, especially because people back into things, so if possible take a shoulder bag instead to avoid long lines at the coat check.

Comment

Very good points!

The Small Cafe Bag is a shoulder bag. 10 1/2 by 8 inches. Do you think it will be allowed in most museums?

I have been assuming for a long time that I would take something that is slightly larger (the medium-sized version of the same shoulder bag, 12 x 10 1/2 inches). But now I'm thinking smaller will be better.
                              ----
                              All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                              Edmund Burke

Comment

A Small Cafe bag shouldn't be a problem in any museum. Heck, even the Large Cafe bag would fly, at least at museums in New York. And in most places, as long as you're not burdened with a bunch of bags-- such as after a major shopping expedition-- the guards won't really care. It's really backpacks (any size), large stick umbrellas, and obvious luggage that they'll turn away in my experience.

I took a Night Flight to Tate Britain recently and no one batted an eye. The Night Flight is on the boxier side, so I was slightly afraid I'd have to check it, but really no guard looked twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X