Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,267   Members: 6,717   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, DSinBihn.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binje View Post
    That is beautiful cable work, although I hope your son doesn't also live in Florida since he wouldn't be able to wear it as much as it will deserve to be worn. (did you say Nordic?)

Get well soon and enjoy your knitting time!
    Yep. He'll be heading to Stetson University, which is actually south of us. But the kid loves all things winter and specifically requested a heavy, Fisherman's sweater. I reminded him that he would likely only get to wear it once or twice a year, but that didn't dissuade him one iota. sigh. At least he'll likely be able to enjoy it the rest of his life!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
      We're grateful you're ok, Mausermama! Sending good thoughts your way for your recovery. We're also sending you a surprise today, but it's something you can only hint about...
      Oh my goodness! Darcy, you have made me so excited! I can hardly wait!!! I may have decided to celebrate living another day by (perhaps) ordering a MB in Aubergine/NW Sky along with a size 2 Travel Tray in the NW Sky, so just stick it in with that!

Mercy, the anticipation is going to get me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirri View Post
        Thinking of you. I hope the healing journey continues smoothly.

A beautiful jumper and lovely to see the travel tray used that way, such a versatile object.
        I love those Travel Trays. Our entire family loves them! I believe we've got one (so far) in Iberian, UV, Steel, Wasabi, and the elusive and lovely Nordic. I've also gifted a Zest one my sister. If she ever decides she doesn't like it, I will personally fly out to Colorado and pick it up and care for it like it deserves. Sadly, I don't think that's going to be an issue. She's preparing to head to Haiti tomorrow, and I know the Travel Tray was one of the first things she reached for!

Comment

Originally posted by prairiegl View Post
          I hope you're soon on the mend and are feeling better!

I love the colors of the Sirka you have -- if you don't mind my asking, where did you get that one? (The sweater is looking great so far!)
          Grellow and Gray was, for a time, offering custom made Sirkas. I ordered it during that period of time. I'm not sure if she will ever do it again, and I didn't want to miss the opportunity. I chose the purple specifically to coordinate with my "yarn bowl" Travel Tray. I have one other one in a different colorway that I also use and love, but this one is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
            @prairiegl, This is not @Mausermama, but this year the makers of the Sirka counter advertised over on Ravelry that if people placed orders on the Sirka web site between December 11 and December 13, they would be able specify custom colors for the hands on the counter and for the Bento box container for the device:

Anyway, this was a 1-shot time period when you could put in a custom order where you could mix and match your Sirka colors! I assume that @Mausermama took advantage of the custom order period.

HTH

moriond
            You're absolutely correct. I bought it and selected a Bento box in the purple colorway to coordinate with my MB and yarn bowl, a.k.a. U/V Travel Tray. The other Sirka that I own is the Dolphin. I love it, but I don't care for the seafoam Bento box quite as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
              Oh Mausermama, not to torture you but here is another shot, this time with Goethe's Faust:

Ilkywa

Sent from my phone
              When we meet up in Germany, will you bring the Nordic SA so I can pet it? Pretty please? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
                Your SA! I keep drooling over it.
                Ilkyway promised to leave it for me in her will. As much as I want it, I'd much rather have her around.

I'm really hoping I love the new Halcyon exterior color. And if I do, the SA gets made with it and without Wasabi!!!

Comment

Oh my goodness! Darcy, you have made me so excited! I can hardly wait!!! I may have decided to celebrate living another day by (perhaps) ordering a MB in Aubergine/NW Sky along with a size 2 Travel Tray in the NW Sky, so just stick it in with that!

Mercy, the anticipation is going to get me!
                  Yay, you got your Aubergine MB! I'm glad that hear that and that you're feeling better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes Brenda, chances are high I will, love this backpack!
                    Pokilani I too hope I stay around, but I tolled my husband and Ceepee (she is the bag-will-sorter) about my will. :-D

Ilkyway

Sent from my phone
                    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Ok I might be a bit overexited, someone shout STOP if I overdue it today (this posting pictures with tabatalc is cool)

Ilkyway

Another one:

Last edited by Ilkyway; 03-18-2016, 02:46 AM.
                      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

I've long admired the bloggers and vbloggers that manage to live long term out of a Synapse 19, but have never been able to whittle my stuff down enough in order to do this (even for relatively short trips).
                        Well today I give you ......
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1174.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	796.2 KB
ID:	298352
                        TA DAAAAA! Packed for a 2 night trip to visit my parents, which is a test for a 2 night trip to Berlin on Monday. I'm travelling solo on Monday so can't even stash a few odds and ends in my partner's bag. Such FUN!!! :)

Comment

Yep. He'll be heading to Stetson University, which is actually south of us. But the kid loves all things winter and specifically requested a heavy, Fisherman's sweater. I reminded him that he would likely only get to wear it once or twice a year, but that didn't dissuade him one iota. sigh. At least he'll likely be able to enjoy it the rest of his life!
                          It can be his winter coat! As a teenager in the late 1980s, I co-opted the fisherman's sweater that my mom knit for my dad in the late 1960s. It was heavy and huge on me and only suited for the coldest days in south Louisiana but I loved wearing it. My dad still has the sweater, though he rarely wears it because it's so heavy. Maybe I need to take it back?

Comment

Well done, @ceepee! What's in that gorgeous Nordic duo?

Are you and @Ilkyway in cahoots for flooding the site with Nordic?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                              Well done, @ceepee! What's in that gorgeous Nordic duo?

Are you and @Ilkyway in cahoots for flooding the site with Nordic?
                              If this works I'll be sure to post a packing list.

It's The Doctors ....... The Nordic makes them feel more at home [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by binje View Post
                                It can be his winter coat! As a teenager in the late 1980s, I co-opted the fisherman's sweater that my mom knit for my dad in the late 1960s. It was heavy and huge on me and only suited for the coldest days in south Louisiana but I loved wearing it. My dad still has the sweater, though he rarely wears it because it's so heavy. Maybe I need to take it back?
                                TAKE IT BACK! It needs to be treasured by someone who will wear it! Thanks for sharing your story. I love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X