Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,822   Posts: 191,277   Members: 6,719   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, tinacap77.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedy recovery Mausermama....

Thats erm unusual carpet.
    Seems strange eating ice cream when its Winter/nearly spring, but still too cold for ice cream over here.
    Love the blck coffee/coffee bean ice cream favour.
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Comment

My Small Cafe Bag (SCB) and a delicious green smoothie at The Beet Bar in Townsville, north Queensland:

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-8.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	298372

Comment

A30 and DLBC trip to San Francisco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema DLBC and DLBP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes.

Comment

Quest success for either a Navy or Aubergine Imago...I swapped my Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago for an Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago. It arrived today and I'm beyond happy with it. As discussed on Ravelry, this is definitely a CDH* bag for me!!

Name:	IMG_1801.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	298378
          *Cold Dead Hands

Comment

Why, why, WHY did they retire the Imago???

Comment

Originally posted by LordBute View Post

I don't know what this is but I guess it's dutch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14802[/ATTACH]
              I believe that's Miffy the rabbit who, according to Wikipedia, is a small female rabbit in a series of picture books drawn and written by Dutch artist Dick Bruna.

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
                I believe that's Miffy the rabbit who, according to Wikipedia, is a small female rabbit in a series of picture books drawn and written by Dutch artist Dick Bruna.
                Oh my goodness, I didn't recognise the image, but just reading that post made me get the theme song stuck in my head "Miffy, cute little bunny. Miffy, sweet little bunny. Miffy... And friends!" I had no idea Miffy was Dutch.

Comment

Originally posted by threeteez View Post
                  As discussed on Ravelry, this is definitely a CDH* bag for me!!
                  *Cold Dead Hands
                  I still don't get the CDH? I've seen it written and appreciate the explanation, but... Cold dead hands? Is it a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirri View Post
                    I still don't get the CDH? I've seen it written and appreciate the explanation, but... Cold dead hands? Is it a good thing?
                    @Kirri, I think it means she loves the bag so much that the only way anybody gets it is to pry it from her cold, dead hands :)
                    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
                      Thankyou ceepee! I learn something new every time I read this forum.
                      Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Kirri View Post
                        There are several references to this phrase in popular culture. Here's one that came out of the U.S. At one time, the National Rifle Association distributed bumper stickers that read "I'll give you my gun, when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands." It has come to mean items that the owner is unwilling to part with for any reason -- since prying it out of his or her cold, dead hands is the only way that you're likely to get it.

Hope this helps,

moriond

Comment

DeBru and moriond FTW (For The Win...couldn't resist!). CDH was recently used by adalangdon on Ravelry when she posted about her ultrasuede Little Swift. I found it a fitting description for my rehomed Imago as it was such an elusive bag!

Comment

Originally posted by LordBute View Post
                            I found some photos I took in my hotelroom in Amsterdam last year. The carpet made me laugh so I took some pictures of it.
                            I love Miffy. I need to stay at this hotel.

Comment

Hello, all!

I have been lurking on the forums for a couple months, reading all over and trying to find the right bag for me and my current occupation. It turns out, I think the Synapse 25 is the one! The Tom Bihn Crew were awesome enough to specifically find a Black Synapse 25 with the lovely UV Halcyon, and it looks AMAZING (thanks, Ms. Cyndi!). I couldn't be happier, and now I'm even looking to purchase a Daylight Backpack or Maker's Bag with more accessories! Thanks a bunch!

Name:	Synapse 25.jpg
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	298384

(Sorry for the awkward orientation... My phone kinda stinks...)
                              Last edited by PreXisE; 03-25-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

A Rhine view...

Name:	IMG_20160326_161820483-2.jpg
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	298387

Comment

Working...
                                X