Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,786   Members: 6,895   Active Members: 240
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
    Navy SCB and DLBP enjoying some spring sunshine.

The DLBP is new, having just arrived yesterday. While I was initially disappointed that olive was out of stock when I ordered, I love it now that it's here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't believe I've seen the DLBP in Navy. It is swoon-worthy!

Comment

Originally posted by shortrowt View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]15047[/ATTACH]

Finally added the much needed 4th shop bag to our collection. The baggers at Trader Joe's always compliment them.

TJ's consistently has the best baggers in the industry! I'm always amazed with how much and how well they can pack a bag!
      DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Comment

Originally posted by Meglet View Post
        A bit more photo spam of my gorgeous new Aubersky Swift! This is pretty much how I intend to use it - to collect small things and other smaller bags into a single, easy-to-carry item for schlepping around on road trips and stuff.

First, my little pile of acquisitions from today - Aubersky Swift, Steel/UV Side Effect (with custom cord pulls) and Aubergine Knitting Tool Pouch to hold the wired shutter remote for my camera. It's not terribly obvious in the photo, but the Swift is also tricked out with custom cord pulls on the interior zipper pulls (death to the jingle!) plus a UV keystrap:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15035[/ATTACH]

Northwest Sky interior, with keystrap and custom cord pulls. The Swift is CAVERNOUS:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15036[/ATTACH]

Marsupial Style - holding the Sprout as mini camera backpack, and Side Effect as Purse-Like Object:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15037[/ATTACH]

The above plus my small camera tripod in tripod bag:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15038[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15039[/ATTACH]

Bonus teaser photo of the Aubergine/Steel Sprout with custom cord pulls - this contains the Tenba BYOB 7 camera insert, and Sprout-as-camera-backpack photos are coming soon!
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15040[/ATTACH]
        This is a really helpful comparison-- so the Sprout is as tall (wide? Deep? What do you call the measurement along the Y-axis?) as the Swift?

Looks like we have the same Aubergine bags from this round of orders! (assuming the Sprout fits)

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          Afternoon toast and pour-over, Blueprint Coffee, St. Louis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Is this the PCSB in Fjord?

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
            He is a very tidy animal, thank you! :-)

My FJN is helpful in so many ways. It serves as my bullet journal. It holds my prayers. It keeps my knitting notes. Most importantly, it keeps me sane. And the kitty, well, he is also part of my mental therapy. I'm so glad you like him! He puts a smile on my face every day!
            Haha, does he way of positioning himself so that he's sitting within the mat? Both my kids have a tendency to do that, but especially my boy. He fits nicely within the dimensions of a large OP while our girl is roughly S19-sized.

Cat therapy is one of the best kinds of therapy. Hope you're feeling better these days!

Comment

Originally posted by celtical View Post
              Oh my, such wonderful Aubergine and gray spam, Meglet!! It put me right over the edge, had to order against my best resistance to one more bag...even envisioning how my small shop bag in NWS might nest inside this Swift for bottle holding goodness. The size measurements make it look possible, anyone tried this?
              OK, so I tried this, and the Small Shop Bag fits beautifully inside the Swift. You end up with double handles, of course, but you get good bottle pockets plus still a little bit of space between the outside of the SSB and the pockets of the Swift (a LITTLE bit of space, like you could slide large packs of beef jerky down between :p)

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
              This is a really helpful comparison-- so the Sprout is as tall (wide? Deep? What do you call the measurement along the Y-axis?) as the Swift?

Looks like we have the same Aubergine bags from this round of orders! (assuming the Sprout fits)
              The Sprout is not quite as tall as the Swift, it just looks that way because of how it sits inside. It is also only about half as wide (left-to-right) and probably not even half as deep (front to back.)
              Rambling On. . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by eliza View Post
                Is this the PCSB in Fjord?
                Indeed it is; I think it's reflecting the table a little bit, giving it a bit of a blue-green cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                  Indeed it is; I think it's reflecting the table a little bit, giving it a bit of a blue-green cast.
                  I love it!

Comment

[QUOTE=Meglet;121743]OK, so I tried this, and the Small Shop Bag fits beautifully inside the Swift. You end up with double handles, of course, but you get good bottle pockets plus still a little bit of space between the outside of the SSB and the pockets of the Swift (a LITTLE bit of space, like you could slide large packs of beef jerky down between :p)

Thank you for checking this out, Meglet! Nice to know it's an option, might tuck the inside handles down and slide ipad air into the little space you mention. Looks like orings and clear pockets would still be accessible from the top. We'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                      Haha, does he way of positioning himself so that he's sitting within the mat?
                      He is quite a logical cat. Last night I caught him sitting in the corner. Precisely in the corner with his tail bisecting the right angle at 45 degrees. He seemed to feel it was the best place for him to be in the room. He also seems to prefer the exact middle of our queen sized bed.

Comment

Sirka LSB as a last minute project bag,loving the pop of different colors :)
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	739.6 KB
ID:	299529

ETA: fixed photo
                        Last edited by RDR3; 04-08-2016, 12:35 PM.

Comment

My ukulele hanging out with some Tom Bihn items this morning
                          Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
                            He is quite a logical cat. Last night I caught him sitting in the corner. Precisely in the corner with his tail bisecting the right angle at 45 degrees. He seemed to feel it was the best place for him to be in the room. He also seems to prefer the exact middle of our queen sized bed.
                            Maybe he's a feng shui cat, ie senses the best places and positions for optimal felicity for you and your family :)

And to keep this post somewhere near the topic, I caved in and went for my first travel tray, in Sitka. No pictures yet as it hasn't arrived.
                            Last edited by Kshni; 04-09-2016, 07:08 AM. Reason: adding a little bit of explanation
                            I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
                            The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post

My ukulele hanging out with some Tom Bihn items this morning
                              LUV!

Off topic: how do you like your chair in the photo? I ordered the camp chair and the beach chair to compare. I wonder if the beach chair is too low (difficult to get off it) and the legs of the camp chair may sink. I need a chair that is light to take to dragon boat races.

I bought a cheaper brand, returned it because I tipped out each time I sat up and/or leaned forward. It is untenable to be leaning back on the chair the whole time.

Comment

I love the Helinox Chair One (in this picture). It allows you to sit more or less upright and high enough to enter and exit easily. It is also quick and easy to assemble. It will sink in soft dirt or sand, though. I have seen people put cut tennis balls on the legs to stop it from sinking. I also have 2 Alite Mayfly chairs which sit low to the ground, requiring you to lean back. Their leg shape keeps it from sinking much. The are good for outdoor events, and are smaller and lighter than the Helinox. But they are more fiddly to assemble, and more prone to breaking when the interior portion of the poles collapse in on themselves. I have already sent one off for repair after light use, and it took months to get it back. I would go with the Helinox. I do find the chair back of the Alite Mayfly shape feels wide and more comfortable, but despite that, I find myself choosing the Helinox more often because of its taller height and easier assembly.
                                Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

Working...
                                X