Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,893   Posts: 192,259   Members: 6,768   Active Members: 333
Welcome to our newest member, TStorm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
    Here is a picture of the UV and NW Sky against the Aubergine, as well as one with a UV stuff sack inside the bag. I really like the Aubersky, although I agree that an Aubergine/UV bag would be amazing.

To me, the NW Sky is a cooler shade of grey. I really like it much more than the steel. Steel is nice but seems dull next to NW Sky, which is such a lovely, light, bright color.

So lovely of you to do that, it is indeed a wonderful trio.

Do you have a Dyneema Swift? Have you found the weight of Ballistic versus Dyneema/Halcyon 400D to be significant?

I have to admit that my last few orders have been consisting of Dyneema items, the coming of Nordic Halcyon might just keep the trend but, the Aubersky Swift is so beautiful!

I fear that like when I missed the Special Edition Swift which was Aubergine/UV, this particular color might not make it in another batch, anytime soon but, Aubergine and NWS are standard colors, so another batch is likely.

In my experience, the Nordic Halcyon rule might be more limited and I have my eyes on many designs in that color, with a UV or NWS lining.

Especially the Daylight Briefcase and Backpack, the SCB to hold minimal items in ultra hot days. As well as the S25 to carry layers when the weather is cold and sunny, then gets very chilly, at night.

I do love the perfection of the Aubergine Swift though.

Ah! conundrum.

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
      So lovely of you to do that, it is indeed a wonderful trio.

Do you have a Dyneema Swift? Have you found the weight of Ballistic versus Dyneema/Halcyon 400D to be significant?

I have to admit that my last few orders have been consisting of Dyneema items, the coming of Nordic Halcyon might just keep the trend but, the Aubersky Swift is so beautiful!

I fear that like when I missed the Special Edition Swift which was Aubergine/UV, this particular color might not make it in another batch, anytime soon but, Aubergine and NWS are standard colors, so another batch is likely.

In my experience, the Nordic Halcyon rule might be more limited and I have my eyes on many designs in that color, with a UV or NWS lining.

Especially the Daylight Briefcase and Backpack, the SCB to hold minimal items in ultra hot days. As well as the S25 to carry layers when the weather is cold and sunny, then gets very chilly, at night.

I do love the perfection of the Aubergine Swift though.

Ah! conundrum.
      You're welcome! I do have a Dyneema/Halcyon Swift (well, two really, black and Nordic) and I don't find the weight difference significant. And while I do love my Nordic Swift, I think I may love this one even more. Something about the Aubersky combination that is just perfection.

Good luck deciding! It's hard, isn't it?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2292.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	299594

I just took an S25 and a PCBP as personal items for my son and I on SW. On the way down one held his stuffies, water, snacks, book, light jacket and electronics and the other held mine (minus the stuffies). Both very loosely packed.

On the way back mine held both of our in-flight items, a couple of lightsabers, toiletries and other odds and ends while he carried the PCBP with a 12 foot stuffed snake in it. No one batted an eye.

Comment

I recently started using the NTFD as a gym bag and am loving it for that use.
          Are you able to fit shoes in it? What kind & size?

Comment

My constant companion at Disney.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0697.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	299595

Every time we go someplace I put my jacket, waterbottle, wallet, etc. in a backpack for me to carry. Then my husband wants to add his things to my bag. So, of course, he carries it, we get separated and I have nothing I need.

I brought along the side effect this time and it fit my Kleen Kanteen, wallet, iphone, sunglasses, chapstick, and keys so there was no problem when he headed back to the hotel for a nap and forgot to leave me the backpack.

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

Originally posted by loma View Post
              Are you able to fit shoes in it? What kind & size?
              Yes, I fit in a pair of Women's U.S. size 9 sneakers in the middle compartment. It's a tight fit, but works.

I'm at work now, but I will try to remember to take some pics when I get home.
              Last edited by brendabethman; 04-15-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Yes, I fit in a pair of Women's U.S. size 9 sneakers in the middle compartment. It's a tight fit, but works.

I'm at work now, but I will try to remember to take some pics when I get home.
                Cool, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by loma View Post
                  Cool, thanks!
                  And here they are.

In the middle compartment, I have sneakers in a size 4 TSS, a microfiber towel in a size 2 TSS, underwear and plastic bags in a NTFD packing cube, and my heart rate monitor in a mini Q-Kit:

In one side compartment, there is a water bottle and a size 3 TSS with my workout outfit:

The other side compartment holds a 3DOC with headphones, swim cap, and swim goggles as well as my gloves, a Flipbelt, wrist brace, and ankle brace:

It all fits, but there is not a lot of extra room. If I had to carry my toiletries, I'm not sure it would work. But since I rent a locker, I jut leave toiletries, hair dryer, etc. there. In fact, I usually leave the NTFD in my locker for most of the week and just carry the TSS with my workout outfit back and forth.

I used to use the Parental Unit, but prefer the NFTD because I can carry it either on my shoulder or by hand. It fits better in the locker as well.

Hope this is helpful!

Comment

Wifi is a bit spotty so no packing list yet. What a cock-up.

Speaking of which:

DLBP at the Icelandic phallological museum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@badger love! haha!
                      Originally posted by Badger View Post

Speaking of which:

Comment

Hope this is helpful!
                        Yes, very! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Today was Photo Day for DS' baseball team. Of course, this meant that an hour before the first shot was taken, we were at the store frantically grabbing gear for his game. I stood in front of the rack pondering a baseball-specific backpack - one with compartments for bats on both sides of the bag - and was disappointed with how flimsy it was. (It wasn't a very expensive pack.) But, we'd struggled with keeping all his gear together in previous seasons. I had DS try it on and, even though it was supposed to be a juniors' pack, the straps slipped off his shoulders and there was no way to clip them together. His single bat hung awkwardly on one side. I was annoyed that it was so poorly designed, and not likely to hold up to more than one season. Then I realized it had a sort of barrel shape, designed to accommodate a batting helmet, and the lightbulb flashed in my head. I put the bag back on the hook and...

...not half an hour later, I had all of his gear neatly stowed in our classic SA!! (I had to first dump DH's stuff out of it because he had just used it on a trip out West.) To keep the bat from moving around, I took an 8" key strap and hooked it between two of the O-rings (side and center back), thus keeping the handle up against the rear of the bag. Inside the bag, in this photo: the bat, a batting helmet, a pair of sneakers, two water bottles (one in each side pocket), and a change of clothes. It's not even half-full!! And the straps stay put even on my small 8yo's shoulders. Love that he can use this bag for so many things, and he won't ever outgrow it.

Comment

DLBP at Gasworks Park

Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema DLBC and DLBP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tizi View Post
                              DLBP at Gasworks Park

I was probably paddling past while you were there! :)
                              "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                              "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post

Speaking of which:

I'm sending you the cleaning bill for the coffee I just snorted all over my nice shirt :-)
                                Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Working...
                                X