Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,742   Posts: 190,289   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 263
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmyMo View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15479[/ATTACH]

I am home sick today, and I'm getting bored and restless so I decided to finally do this.

Top Left to Right:
    Checkpoint Flyer in Black/Steel: Looking a bit worse for wear, actually. I used this bag a ton when I travelled regularly for work.
    Packing Cubes: 2 Large and 2 small, plus end pocket Aeronaut 45s, plus two quarter cubes
    Aeronaut 45: Navy/Iberian, with a black TB Luggage Tag. Has been to 6 countries so far
    Center Left to Right:
    Travel Tray: NWSky (which I love)
    Snake Charmer
    Large Stuff Sack: NW Sky
    Medium Stuff Sack: Steel
    Small Stuff Sack: Wasabi (Random color for me)
    Various Pouches/Wallets: Mostly black or Navy
    Travel Laundry Stuff Sack: Iberian (which I love)
    Bottom Left to Right:
    Ristretto for iPad: Navy/Iberian My very first Tom Bihn bag
    Daylight Backpack: Steel Dynema. Ordered just a wee bit too soon for the Halcyon. This bag now goes with me inside my Aeronaut.
    Large Cafe Bag: Nordic Halcyon!! My newest edition. Already in love with it and the color is fantastic. Time to replace all my Navy/Iberian with Nordic/NWSky?
    Synapse 25: Navy/Iberian (I'm boring and consistent) My EDC, with navy q-kit and black pouch attached with key straps.

Looking at it all laid out like that makes me feel slightly insane.
    if you want to see insane, ask @brendabethman to spread out her collection! she has a lot packed for a big trip tomorrow but I imagine she will leave behind a houseful. I might look up her address and fly to Kansas. Jimmy the locks...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm giving some of my more beloved TB things a bath tonight, but this weekend, I hope to gather everything for a family picture. I think last time I did that, all I had was an MCB and an Imago. It will make you feel better about your collection. Or not.

Edited to add: your picture helps me with NWS, since I'm trying to decide whether to get the S25 in Nordic/NWS when it comes available or to keep holding out hope for the UV lining. Although I still think I would like UV, I would be content with NWS if UV is not possible. Thanks!
      Last edited by Jenne; 05-20-2016, 11:45 AM.
      Current carry: Super Ego, various pouches, I/O (when shooting). Incorporating the FIELD JOURNAL!!!! Next up on wishlist: S25 and SE (June 2016)

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
        if you want to see insane, ask @brendabethman to spread out her collection! she has a lot packed for a big trip tomorrow but I imagine she will leave behind a houseful. I might look up her address and fly to Kansas. Jimmy the locks...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
        Ha! @Pokilani once suggested I do this, but I'm scared. Better not to know.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jenne View Post
          I'm giving some of my more beloved TB things a bath tonight, but this weekend, I hope to gather everything for a family picture. I think last time I did that, all I had was an MCB and an Imago. It will make you feel better about your collection. Or not.

Edited to add: your picture helps me with NWS, since I'm trying to decide whether to get the S25 in Nordic/NWS when it comes available or to keep holding out hope for the UV lining. Although I still think I would like UV, I would be content with NWS if UV is not possible. Thanks!
          I have to say that I was surprised by how much I love NW Sky. I think it is a beautiful color.
          "Here's my life. I have to mine it, farm it, trade it, tenant it, and when the lease is up, it cannot be renewed."
          --Jeanette Winterson

Comment

Working for the weekend with my Ristretto .. but remembering to stop and smell the flowers along the way! Nice to see Spring finally arrive (had snow / hail last May weekend!!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ristretto 13_Spring2016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	363.0 KB
ID:	299827

Cheers!
            TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

I love Northwest Sky. It's a nice bright neutral.

Name:	IMG_3018.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	789.1 KB
ID:	299828

Comment

The TB artists drew this little monster smoking a pipe, wearing a medium Cafe bag. This is a package I ordered for my dad... His first Bihn gear.

Last edited by Amy; 05-20-2016, 03:40 PM.
                Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

i'm asking for box art next time i place an order...who knows when that will be...probably soon haha

Comment

Originally posted by skipper View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15474[/ATTACH]

Here is a recent trip I took in Ireland. Here is my DLBP having a Guinness with me at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin and again in Dingle Ireland.
                    That's one lucky DLBP! 😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    Synapse 19 & 25, Co-Pilot, Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, A45, A30, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Comment

So I sent my A45 and my DLBP with my son to China for the summer. These are both seriously stuffed. He's 5'7" and I don't think either bag would cause anybody at the gate to raise an eyebrow. (Sorry about the picture quality. I didn't want to embarrass him, and also I take lousy pictures.)Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160513_112552344 (2).jpg
Size:	698.6 KB
ID:	299832
                      Last edited by vkigus; 05-20-2016, 08:31 PM.
                      Navy/Iberian: A30, A45, Swift, SE Linen/Navy: SCB Olive/Burnt Orange: SCB Navy: DLBP Coyote/Navy: MF Verde/Ultraviolet: SE

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                        Ha! @Pokilani once suggested I do this, but I'm scared. Better not to know.......
                        I'm with you on this @brendabethman, although I have been doing some serious destashing of items I just don't use. I will probably be listing more this weekend. My goal is to get everything to fit into my A45 when I'm not using it. Except for Mrs. Nuke's A45. And my WF. Sigh.....
                        Eat well, travel often.

Comment

Originally posted by nukediver View Post
                          I'm with you on this @brendabethman, although I have been doing some serious destashing of items I just don't use. I will probably be listing more this weekend. My goal is to get everything to fit into my A45 when I'm not using it. Except for Mrs. Nuke's A45. And my WF. Sigh.....
                          I don't understand these words. Destashing? TB? Unpossible!

I'm pretty sure all my stuff won't fit into my A45 (Though it might be possible, as long as I don't try to get the TS and WF in there. And the Cadet. And the Super Ego.)
                          Current carry: Super Ego, various pouches, I/O (when shooting). Incorporating the FIELD JOURNAL!!!! Next up on wishlist: S25 and SE (June 2016)

Comment

Forest Swift & Burnt Orange Space Fuel Tank

Forest/Wasabi Swift eagerly anticipating the approach of the Burnt Orange ET-94 Space Shuttle Fuel Tank, which is wending its way to the California Science Center today through the streets of Los Angeles. It will be displayed alongside the Endeavor.

Name:	Swift ET94.jpg
Size:	759.4 KB
ID:	299835Click image for larger version

Name:	ET94.jpeg
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	299836

Comment

LSB holding leis for my nephew's graduation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your Photos Are Needed

My parapack S19 and I braved the big sale at REI and my original Nordic shop bag tagged along to carry my finds home.

Taking a load off by the display VW

All loaded up and ready to go

Road trip! Yes, my olive s19 was feeling neglected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by NWhikergal; 05-21-2016, 12:55 PM.
                                "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
                                "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Working...
                                X