Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,742   Posts: 190,289   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 263
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
    My parapack S19 and I braved the big sale at REI and my original Nordic shop bag tagged along to carry my finds home.

Taking a load off by the display VW

All loaded up and ready to go

Road trip! Yes, my olive s19 was feeling neglected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my parents had a total of 3 VW buses in the late 60s/early 70s. We camped all over the country (US), the VWs pulling a Puma pop-up tent trailer. 6 kids. some trips took 5 days of driving to get there, camping each night. when we arrived, 2 older brothers had a tent, sis and I had a tent, and 2 younger brothers/parents were in the trailer. great way to see the country. memories!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

My S19 has been feeling neglected since a DLBP in original black halcyon/ steel joined the family.

Comment

S19 test-packed for a 6-day/5-night trip.

Color me jazzed about the new Nordic Halcyon!!

While black grid Black Halcyon has a nice understated matte finish, Nordic Halcyon has a cool sheen that reminds me of parapack...

Looking forward to seeing members' photos of how Nordic looks on larger travel bags like the Aeronauts (hint, hint)! :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	S19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	614.3 KB
ID:	299849
        Last edited by bb93fo57; 05-22-2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bb93fo57 View Post
          New Nordic S19 test-packed for a 6-day/5-night trip.

Color me jazzed about the new Nordic Halcyon!

While black grid Black Halcyon has a nice understated matte finish, the Nordic Halcyon has a sheen that reminds me of parapack.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15526[/ATTACH]
          That is an amazing picture of your S19! The color and sheen are why I am crazy about the new Nordic! Thanks for sharing! :)

Comment

While black grid Black Halcyon has a nice understated matte finish, Nordic Halcyon has a cool sheen that reminds me of parapack...

Looking forward to seeing members' photos of how Nordic looks on larger travel bags like the Aeronauts (hint, hint)! :-)
            You captured the qualities of new Nordic so well in this pic!

I have the S19 in new Nordic too, and I agree... it is so fantastic! And yes Nordic reminds me of the parapack with the sheen and even with a slightly similar feel to it.

I also have a SE and DLBP in new Nordic, and because it is such an electric color, I'm going to get the S25 in new Nordic too (despite having the S25 in Black Halcyon already). It never ends. Especially with the new Halcyon now!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              My S19 has been feeling neglected since a DLBP in original black halcyon/ steel joined the family.

I also have the S19 in the original Nordic and just go the DLBP in original halcyon!! I use the S19 when I go to Disneyland and haven't used my original halcyon DLBP yet. I do have a linen DLBP that I use for work.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15526[/ATTACH]
                SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Comment

Love this! The black zippers really contrast so well with Nordic Halcyon.

Comment

Here's my new Nordic S19 acting sorta stealth like its black halcyon brothers (DLBP and S25).

Name:	IMG_1470.jpg
Size:	675.3 KB
ID:	299871

Comment

My new Black Halycon / Iberian "Dark Side" color scheme S25 and a thermos of hot chocolate (very much enjoyed by my wife and I) at the Victoria Day Fireworks celebration, Toronto Beaches, Canada

Name:	TB_S25_VictoriaDay.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	299875Click image for larger version

Name:	TB_VictoriaDay.jpg
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	299872

Name:	TB_S25_VictoriaDay1.jpg
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	299874Click image for larger version

Name:	TB_VictoriaDay1.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	299873

I carried 2 blankets, 2 big thermos, camera, bug spray and all my EDC and it felt great!

Cheers!
                      Last edited by tpnl; 05-23-2016, 10:30 PM.
                      TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

DLBP at pediatrician's appointment. Me eldest is beyond excited that he is taller than his mother, by 1/4 inch :)
                        SE in front zippered compartment, knitting loom, medium YSS and Medium OP inside.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	299886

Size:	549.3 KB
ID:	299887

Comment

Island PCSB as diaper bag

Using my ISLAND Packing Cube Shoulder Bag as an on-the-go diaper bag. We usually use the Parental Unit, but I needed something small one day last week.

Here's what I had to pack:

Name:	20160517_124427.jpg
Size:	872.0 KB
ID:	299888
                          Island PCSB with....
                          UV CQPC containing five size 2 diapers on one side and a bunch of first-aid stuff on the other side
                          Travel pack of Costco wipes
                          Size 1 Stuff Sack with a onesie and a bib inside
                          Iberian keystrap with keys
                          Mini Halcyon Organizer Pouch (have been using as overstuffed wallet for about 5 years and it is showing serious wear at this point)
                          Aubergine "Small" (larger one) Q-Kit containing Chewbeads and other teething toy
                          Pictured but not included in the bag: one hospital spit-up cloth thing and one elephant Wubbanab pacifier

Packed up:

Name:	20160517_124528.jpg
Size:	823.8 KB
ID:	299889
                          It closed easily with some room to spare, so no strain on the zippers. Didn't think it would work as well as it did.

Ready to go:

Name:	20160517_125036.jpg
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	299890

Definitely an option for on-the-go when you don't really need a full-service diaper bag and you are only packing for one breastfed baby. I wouldn't be able to fit bottles or snacks or sippy cups in there. But that's why the Parental Unit is perfect for us with two kiddos.
                          Last edited by moriond; 05-24-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doesntmakememadonna View Post
                            Using my ISLAND Packing Cube Shoulder Bag as an on-the-go diaper bag. We usually use the Parental Unit, but I needed something small one day last week.
                            Only six-ish more months until I can get my hands on an Island PCSB! We use a one for our kiddo, too, although in Sitka. Now that he's recently out of diapers, I tote around a PCSB with a full change of clothes for him, a pack of wipes, a couple snacks, a little first aid kit, and sunscreen, with plenty of room left over to tuck in a sweatshirt or rain jacket (wishful thinking here in LA!) as needed.

Comment

Name:	IMG_2754.jpg
Size:	934.0 KB
ID:	299892

s25 on its first outing for my daughters lacrosse game

Comment

Size:	745.4 KB
ID:	299897
                                Newly gifted Sprouts to our almost 5 yo niece and 2 1/2 yo nephew.

Comment

Working...
                                X