Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 181
Welcome to our newest member, Zmanlane1.

Your Photos Are Needed

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gochicken
    TB Ravelry *********
    • Feb 2012

Linen really does go with everything!

I just got an order yesterday that included a Navy/Solar Pilot for Mr. Gochicken and some Solar stuff and a few pouches. They picked out a Cayenne Med DOP for me which I thought looked very nice up against my Linen/Steel MCB. One thing led to another and I found that all my pouches looked great with Linen!

Clockwise from top:
    Iberian, Solar, UV Dyneema, then Cardinal, Forest, Navy Ballistic (with Kiwi Ballistic/Nordic on top of MCB), then Plum and Turquoise Cordura, Black parapack, Cork, Olive Cordura, Cayenne (not sure what fabric), and Azalea Cordura. Gray parapack Mini OP on top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4431 linen tb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	292323
    Last edited by gochicken; 07-01-2014, 08:07 AM.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

• kkintea
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2013

First TB bag...still going strong on a recent mini-climb. Shop bag. Not just for groceries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

• kkintea
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2013

Continuing the portable culture theme....Bihning my way to Berlin with my WF carryon and a large shop bag personal item -- a great combo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

• gochicken
          TB Ravelry *********
          • Feb 2012

Ooooh! You have the luggage tag! :)
          Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

• Darcy
            TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
            • May 2003

Originally posted by chrome64 View Post
            Hey Darcy!

My friends over at Ravelry say I need to post some pictures over here!
            These are great photos. In fact, I just posted one on Instagram….
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

• monkeylady
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by gochicken View Post
              Ooooh! You have the luggage tag! :)
              Couldn't we make our own by photocopying and laminating pix of past tags?
              The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

• taminca
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by monkeylady View Post
                Couldn't we make our own by photocopying and laminating pix of past tags?
                Great idea but... ummm... is that allowed? Doesn't TB own legal rights to their luggage tag design? Would it be okay for me make a few for personal use?
                "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
                -- David Whyte

Comment

• moriond
                  Volunteer Moderator
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by taminca View Post
                  Great idea but... ummm... is that allowed? Doesn't TB own legal rights to their luggage tag design? Would it be okay for me make a few for personal use?
                  I have a bunch of the sticker labels they used to mail out. I bet you could put one of these into a plastic holder and use it like a luggage tag. It's only slightly smaller than the plastic luggage tags in size.

Comment

• monkeylady
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2013

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                    I have a bunch of the sticker labels they used to mail out. I bet you could put one of these into a plastic holder and use it like a luggage tag. It's only slightly smaller than the plastic luggage tags in size.
                    Lucky you.
                    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Comment

• jess
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by gochicken View Post
                      I just got an order yesterday that included a Navy/Solar Pilot for Mr. Gochicken and some Solar stuff and a few pouches. They picked out a Cayenne Med DOP for me which I thought looked very nice up against my Linen/Steel MCB. One thing led to another and I found that all my pouches looked great with Linen!

Clockwise from top:
                      Iberian, Solar, UV Dyneema, then Cardinal, Forest, Navy Ballistic (with Kiwi Ballistic/Nordic on top of MCB), then Plum and Turquoise Cordura, Black parapack, Cork, Olive Cordura, Cayenne (not sure what fabric), and Azalea Cordura. Gray parapack Mini OP on top.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6881[/ATTACH]
                      I'm incredibly jealous of your Linen/Steel MCB. I have one in Linen/Navy which I quite like but am so sorry I missed the steel version.
                      Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Comment

• haraya
                        Forum Member
                        • Jul 2013

I was trying to be stealthy, and ended up only getting *some* of the bags in the shot... anyway, here are the SSB and SCB at a Washington Nationals game! :)

Name:	Tom Bihn SSB and SSB at Nats Game 070114.jpg
Size:	734.6 KB
ID:	292331

One of the nice things about using Clear Org Pouches in the bags is that when I go thru security I don't have to take stuff out of the pouches, I just tilt them to show the guard.
                        Last edited by haraya; 07-01-2014, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• gochicken
                          TB Ravelry *********
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by jess View Post
                          I'm incredibly jealous of your Linen/Steel MCB. I have one in Linen/Navy which I quite like but am so sorry I missed the steel version.
                          I missed it also, but because of the kindness of a fellow Bihnion on Ravelry, the knitting site, I was able to pick up her destash.
                          I agree, I much prefer steel to navy, but it still looks nice with navy.

Comment

• Hawaii
                            Forum Member
                            • Aug 2013

Name:	WF.jpg
Size:	920.6 KB
ID:	292335

Aubergine WF and Nordic shop bag flying to Hawaii in April.

Comment

• Hawaii
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2013

co-pilot in Lubeck

Name:	CPLubeck.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	292336

Nordic Co-pilot visits Lubeck, Germany in late May. Home of marzipan and Thomas Mann.

Faces blurred out to preserve anonymity. The Co-pilot was a great travel companion. Plenty of room for my Olympus OMD camera with zoom lens.

Comment

• Mausermama
                                TB Ravelry *********
                                • Jun 2012

I started packing this morning as our family is headed out first thing tomorrow morning to celebrate the holiday watching the Suncoast Offshore Boat Races in Sarasota, FL. As I was pulling out my trusty Western Flyer, I couldn't resist pulling out just a few more bags. Before I knew it, I had grabbed the kids' and my hubby's bags as well. What resulted was this:

I know this collection pales as compared to many on the forums, but I was astounded! There's a lot of TB goodness on this bed, and I didn't even get it all! I'm still missing one Wasabi Travel Tray and several straps and shoulder straps.

Some of the items pictured include my son's Brain Bag and Large Cafe Bag, my hubby's Tri-Star and older style Ristretto, and my larger bags (Western Flyer, Pilot, Synapse 19, two Little Swifts, one Swift, my much beloved Imago, and two Cafe Bags (one small, the other medium). It makes it hard for me to justify getting that Daylight Back Pack (even though I really want it!). I absolutely love all of my collection. I don't want to part with any of it. Is it possible to have too much of a good thing?

The large rectangular thing towards the front is my Western Flyer Packing Cube Backpack. It's containing all the clothes I will need for the trip. The other two Packing Cube Shoulder bags contain either my swim suit and workout clothes or my running shoes. I'm still struggling with putting running shoes in my packing cube, but they fit so nicely. And it is washable, right?

I'm looking forward to this trip. I will be taking my Western Flyer (along with all the packing cubes), my Large Shop Bag, and my navy Little Swift. I may bring my small cafe bag, but I'm trying to keep things as minimal as possible. It's a car trip, so I can get away with more. Because of that, the Large Shop Bag will be holding my cervical pillow and night splint for my plantar fasciitis (it's no fun getting old). As much as I love the new laundry bag, I'll be taking along my Flip and Tumble shop bags to serve as dirty laundry duty. I am contemplating bringing my Majacraft Little Gem II spinning wheel, as we will have a balcony seat to the races, and it sounds like a grand time to me to sit and spin while the boats race away. Also, the Tour de Fleece starts up this weekend, so I'm justified, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X