Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,368   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Links to Bag Reviews

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good thing that Nordic never grabbed me the way it's done others. Now if one came out in Verde...

Comment

Office Supply Geek review of the Synapse 25 with pictures.

Tom Bihn Synapse 25 Review - OfficeSupplyGeek

Comment

Here is a link to a review that brought me to the world of TB: Fashionable Friday: Swift Knitter | The Well-Appointed Desk

Everything is more fun on a Vespa! 🛵

Comment

Wanted to highlight these two new video reviews with lots of great tips for minimalist travel and packing:

Best One Bag Travel Ultralight Gear & Packing List (by Zeke Kamm for Carryology)

Tom Bihn Synapse 19: Minimalist Lives out of a 19 Liter Pack (Simple Living and Travel) by Brittany Taylor

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I watched the Carryology yesterday. It was quite well done, and I appreciated that the reviewer also mentioned things that didn't arrive in time for his trip that he intended to try out in the future. I definitely recommend watching it for some ideas. I only with he went more into *how* he packed/arranged everything!
            DLBC (black Dyneema) **Missing **, Synapse 25 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Synapse 19 (Navy/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), PCBP for TriStar (Iberian), Synapse 19 (Navy/Solar), Ristretto for iPad (Black/Wasabi), Large Shop Bag (Island),mini Q-kit, various packing cubes, stuff sacks, and pouches.

Retired but not forgotten: TriStar (Black/Wasabi), Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Solar), Synapse 25 (French Blue/Steel).

Comment

Originally posted by nealopp View Post
              I watched the Carryology yesterday. It was quite well done, and I appreciated that the reviewer also mentioned things that didn't arrive in time for his trip that he intended to try out in the future. I definitely recommend watching it for some ideas. I only with he went more into *how* he packed/arranged everything!
              It was a good video, what I wasn't too keen on was he suggested getting both and trying them out on several items that are over $100 each. This great advice if you travel a ton and can use both or have large amounts of disposable income. But most of us don't (as he mentioned he did) have companies sending us gear to play around with.

Comment

Reviews

Here are a few of my reviews

Synapse 19 - Tom Bihn Synapse 19 Review ? RMK Outdoors

Synapse 25 - Tom Bihn Synapse 25 Backpack Review ? RMK Outdoors and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAXj4vdzrA

And the Skookum Dog duffle - Skookum Dog Duffle by Tom Bihn ? RMK Outdoors

Thanks for making awesome products!

Comment

Saw this in my RSS feed - a "what's in my bag" video by a blogger who uses a Co-Pilot:

Empire Builder | Cadet | Synapse 25 | MCB | Sidekick | Side Effect

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff9266 View Post
                    Saw this in my RSS feed - a "what's in my bag" video by a blogger who uses a Co-Pilot:

Thanks, @Jeff9266. I really liked seeing this review of how the Navy/Iberian Co-Pilot is used with stationary items, and how various pads, pen rolls, pens, and the Hobonichi Techo Planner (A6) fit inside. Just a couple of comments: the Co-Pilot is, of course, Ballistic Nylon, and not Cordura (comment about 2:30 minutes into the video about how unusually sturdy the Cordura seems to be). He hasn't discovered yet how using key straps and O-rings can improve his experience.

For those of you reading the forums on older iOS devices who can't see the embedded Vimeo video, try doing a reply with quote, then copy the link into your browser URL. Or, I'll just paste it in directly here:

https://vimeo.com/157860940

HTH

moriond

Comment

Check out this tweet from The Wirecutter -- sounds like their new backpack guide is coming out soon! (I like that they say there's no single best backpack: makes much more sense to me to narrow down the options to the very best all while recognizing that different people will want different features and that it's not one-design-fits-all.)
                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

A great view of the new Sprout backpack by 'The Books Review'

Tom Bihn's Sprout Backpack: A Review

Cheers!
                        TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

@tpnl I totally loved the part of the Brooks Review of the Sprout that included Erin's interview with Sloane (the part that begins after the text: "Sloane refuses to go to school without her Sprout backpack. I decided her words would really be the best, since she’s the one who wears it, so here is an interview I did with her about her backpack:"). I think that @Ilkyway would totally relate to this, given the experience of her daughter Emmely's reaction to the Sprout. But now I bet that if Emmely sees the fancy, violet paracord ties they put onto Sloane's Aubergine Sprout in the Brooks Review pictures, she will want them, too, on her bag.

moriond

Comment

I spotted this on my Facebook feed of all places...

5 Awesome Tips to Help You Travel Better

among the tips are TB packing cubes

Comment

New review of the Pilot - the vid doesn't show the bag packed too fully but provides some good views of the interior of the bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vZVay_ShlM

Empire Builder | Cadet | Synapse 25 | MCB | Sidekick | Side Effect

Comment

Great review on Ristretto 13

Geek Dad - Tom Bihn Ristretto

Cheers!
                                TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Working...
                                X